• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Review - Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JavyOO7

oh noes

some reviewer gave my upcoming game a less than expected score

doom
despair
agony on me
deep dark depression and extensive misery
if it weren't for bad luck i'd have none at all
doom despair!

lawlz.

Seriously now, the game could get a 0 and I would not care. Has anyone ever thought the reviewer might be right with his claims? Right or now, the most important opinion is your own not some reviewer.

Kittonwy

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
This Gertsmann guys is awesome.

BALLS O' STEEL

Yep, you have to give him that. He has to know this is going to get a TON of backlash from Nintendo fans. I certainly didn't expect Jeff to do something like this, going against the grain, it would be so easy for him to just slap a 9.4 or whatever and be done with the review, but he chose to do it the hard way.

Ganondorfo

The gamecube version will get more than 9 from jeff.

BTW an 8.8 from gamespot is an amazing score, because you know lately they didn't give many games that high scores (besides gears of war).

Ashodin

Even more comedy options!

america3.gif

america4.gif

~Kinggi~

Banned
Grecco said:
1.Sony bots and Xbots go watch gamespots wii show again please. Go Watch that trainwreck of a show

2.Every other website of reasonable journalistic integrity has given Zelda awesome scores, its just this guy.

I wouldnt have a problem with the score, if there were more scores like it. But there just arent. Theres a Bunch of great scores, and then this. So either Jeff knows something the World Doesnt know, or his review just sucks

So sorry i dont see why this Review is acceptable at all. And if its just his "opinion" then he can do it in some blog or something not as the Gamespot opinion on the game. its pathetic really

this thread neeeds more photoshops btw :D
6865.gif

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Fight for Freeform said:
He's got balls for telling it like it is.

Zelda is great game. So great it deserves an 8.8 score.

But not better than Gears of War.

Oh, well if you say so. Any other nuggets of insight? Let me guess, all the other 9.8-10.0 reviewers have no balls, or have been blackmailed by Nintendo. AM I RITE?

Talk about Jeff being between...
simpsonsmovieitt.gif

I still hope he stands firm with that review, though. I hate people who go back on their word just because of a bunch of dorks.

Ravager61

His complaints with the game are complete bullshit. He takes it down for having to move the controller and because Zelda hasnt "evolved". WTF is that shit? Its ****ing Zelda. What a jackass. If he had brought up an actual complaint about the game people wouldnt care as much but its so obvious from the review that hes biased. Should have been someone elses job to review it for sure.

Fight for Freeform said:
Nope, but the numbers clearly speak for themselves.

9.6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 8.8

Yeah mate, this is GAMESPOT we're talking about. You know, written by the reviewer who didn't get off the couch for Wii Golf.

What about if TP gets over 9.4 at IGN? Oh noes! TP's better than Gears of War!

ShowDog

He seemed to have points for everything he said. I don't really see what's wrong with this review. Until you've played it yourself I can't see why anyone can say otherwise. There's no spoken voice, the music is dated, and the sound coming out of the wiimote is annoying and glitchy. So the sound gets a 7. That's not out of line really. He said it's annoying to control with the wiimote, and the battle is easy, so gameplay gets an 8. That's not out of line either. Considering it's a port of a gamecube game the graphics certainly don't deserve a 10, and there you have it. Zelda's score. He gave the tilt a 10, this seems like a legit review to me and I would feel like a dumbass fanboy saying otherwise until I actually played the game myself (and then I would be justified to disagree or say he's an idiot) I must say he made some good points.

JavyOO7 said:
oh noes

doom
despair
agony on me
doom despair!

lawlz.

Seriously now, the game could get a 0 and I would not care. Has anyone ever thought the reviewer might be right with his claims? Right or now, the most important opinion is your own not some reviewer.

I'm pretty sure someone has already made the exact same or similar post but it's buried in between pg 2 and pg 10. And I bet someone already made a similar observation to the one I just made right now on pg 11.

Mashing

They should pick someone off the street (a non gamer) and have them play Zelda next to Jeff. I bet they could grasp the controls with no problems. I mean seriously, EVERYONE says the controls are better and this, supposedly, experienced gamer can't ****ing grasp them? What does that same about Jeff as an experienced gamer. That someone like that is allowed to even review games is absurd.

Xeke

Banned
ShowDog said:
He seemed to have points for everything he said. I don't really see what's wrong with this review. Until you've played it yourself I can't see why anyone can say otherwise. There's no spoken voice, the music is dated, and the sound coming out of the wiimote is annoying and glitchy. So the sound gets a 7. That's not out of line really. He said it's annoying to control with the wiimote, and the battle is easy, so gameplay gets an 8. That's not out of line either. Considering it's a port of a gamecube game the graphics certainly don't deserve a 10, and there you have it. Zelda's score. He gave the tilt a 10, this seems like a legit review to me and I would feel like a dumbass fanboy saying otherwise until I actually played the game myself (and then I would be justified to disagree or say he's an idiot) I must say he made some good points.

It may have something to do with...

Every other review = 9.5 or better.
Gamespot = 8.8

Lobster

Banned
JavyOO7 said:
oh noes

doom
despair
agony on me
doom despair!

lawlz.

When one review is flawed by more than one review. That one review is called a troll.

This overreaction is looney. Still if u read the review, it really is awful and his cons seem to be based upon a delusionment with Nintendo and the Wii in general. He's finding issue with what makes Zelda, Zelda and his complaints about the controls seem to originate more from a distaste of the wiimote since its inception. The dude has over 20000 achievements. Damn lolz.

FightyF

Banned
Alkaliine said:
Yeah mate, this is GAMESPOT we're talking about. You know, written by the reviewer who didn't get off the couch for Wii Golf.

So? What's wrong with that? You can't review a videogame while sitting down? You don't have to play it standing up, because the Wii controller should still be able to recognize commands no matter what position you are in.

What about if TP gets over 9.4 at IGN? Oh noes! TP's better than Gears of War!

IGN scores differ from one IGN site to another, you can't compare them across sites. It's unfortunate, but that's the way things are.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Absoloutely ****ing rediculous. This review is incoherent, spoiler ridden and unjustifiable.

Ravager61 said:
He takes it down for having to move the controller and because Zelda hasnt "evolved". WTF is that shit? Its ****ing Zelda. What a jackass.
Right, every game can have points taken away because they don't "evolve", but Zelda can't. If only Mega Man was named Zelda, huh?

ShowDog said:

Let's see:

- 95% of all other reviews have praised the Wiimote controls.

- 95% of all reviews claim TP has the best soundtrack of all Zelda games.

- 95% of all reviews claim the TP's difficulty is more satisfying than Wind Waker and very close to optimal.

The only thing I can agree with is the graphics, but given this is a Gamecube game technically speaking, the game is absolutely beautiful.

So no, not a legit review.

IcedTea

ShowDog said:
8/10

bigfurb

Damn, this thread puts the Gears eurogamer review thread to shame. Congrats nintendo fans, your rabid zealotry is second to none

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
people lambast him for giving majora's mask an 8.3 and love it all the more--if anything it just has a galvanizing affect on the fans of the game. in the end, he may have done you all a favor.

unifin

Fight for Freeform said:
So? What's wrong with that? You can't review a videogame while sitting down? You don't have to play it standing up, because the Wii controller should still be able to recognize commands no matter what position you are in.

Somehow, I imagine that reading the angle and spin of a swing in golf will be more difficult if the person's arm/shoulder has a movement radius of < 5 degrees...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom