• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Review - Zelda: Twilight Princess. Wind Waker was better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
briefcasemanx said:
what do you think would be worse: This, MGS4, or HAlo 3 getting an 8.8?

Halo 3 without a doubt. It's just a feeling

TheIkariWarrior said:
I've seen the Gamespot score, but absolutely refuse to read the review.

it's all Jeff G's fault amirite ?

fat bastard.

For you and anyone else just getting to this thread, BEWARE IT HAS MASSIVE SPOILERS in it.

Defcon

Banned
Ganondorfo said:
So twilight princess won't win goty at gamespot, that's a certain thing.

Nope, and that's ok. I don't think any Wii game will ever win GOTY. The system isn't capable enough in the graphics department to excite most editors.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Well, MGS 4 could get a backlash like this, unless Kojima goes and does something monumentally stupid again. (See Metal Gear Solid 2 for details)

Halo 3, the under-rating of that game would tear apart a place like Team XBOX within 5 minutes. Here, I honestly don't see it, unless some sort of faction war broke out. (Halo Vs. Non-Halo fans.)

At this point, Jeffikins is a statistical out-liner who has already been probably negated by the glowing rating by one Toastyfrog.

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
If 9 guys out of 10 think it's GOTY material and 1 out of 10 thinks it's a very good game, what's the big deal?!?!?

People are different, as are their opinions. That's just life.

Ganondorfo said:
So twilight princess won't win goty at gamespot, that's a certain thing.
It's possible that the GC version may, if Jeff shows some consistency with his opinion on the negatives of the Wii version as I explained in my previous post.

Ristamar

Liu Kang Baking A Pie said:
So people are supposed to give review praise based on hype and brand recognition rather than the game's actual playability and merits?

Jeff gave Mario Sunshine an 8, everyone cried, and months later we all figured out that he was right ****ing on.

GSG Flash said:
I disagree, I thought Mario Sunshine was a 9 game

Yeah, I don't know who figured out what out months later... but I'd have to agree. SMS wasn't 9.6+ material, but it certainly wasn't an 8.

This thread rules, though, thanks to Gerstmann's peculiar opinion, so it's not a total loss! :lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
gamergirly said:
Halo 3 without a doubt. It's just a feeling

For you and anyone else just getting to this thread, BEWARE IT HAS MASSIVE SPOILERS in it.

Protip: Just stay on the latest page and you will be fine spoiler wise.

Defcon

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Reading this thread is depressing. What a bunch of juvenile reactions. 0_o

I think it's been building up for a few days now. Most expected Gerstmann to give it a surprisingly low score after seeing him play the Wii on Gamespots show.

Rimali

in the video review he said the audio on the nunchuck cuts out sometimes and the audio just plain feels cheap, thus making it feel lame. He said the audio lacked and that there should be no excuse, since this is a DVD, not to use really good orchestra music and stuff...

I actually think he gave too high a score. When the GC version comes out it'll be essentially the same. This fact alone should subtract quite a few points from the Wii version. Isn't the Wii next gen? the game should reflect the next gen feel. Over 40hrs of gameplay and can you imagine the amount of text you gotta read? The old games used text because they couldn't handle a lot of audio, but today with DVD there should be no excuse not to use voices. The game should've advanced more.

This Wii Zelda game is a GC game and not a Wii game, thus I think they should sell it for 39.99. When Nintendo makes a Zelda game which uses more of the Wii's power and features and thus cannot be a GC game too, THEN charge 49.99. This is a sham.

Xeke

Banned
Rimali said:
in the video review he said the audio on the nunchuck cuts out sometimes and the audio just plain feels cheap, thus making it feel lame. He said the audio lacked and that there should be no excuse, since this is a DVD, not to use really good orchestra music and stuff...

I actually think he gave too high a score. When the GC version comes out it'll be essentially the same. This fact alone should subtract quite a few points from the Wii version. Isn't the Wii next gen? the game should reflect the next gen feel. Over 40hrs of gameplay and can you imagine the amount of text you gotta read? The old games used text because they couldn't handle a lot of audio, but today with DVD there should be no excuse not to use voices. The game should've advanced more.

This Wii Zelda game is a GC game and not a Wii game, thus I think they should sell it for 39.99. When Nintendo makes a Zelda game which uses more of the Wii's power and features and thus cannot be a GC game too, THEN charge 49.99. This is a sham.

The audio isn't from the nunchuck.

Pimpbaa

AndoCalrissian said:
IGN = 9.5

Final points below:

8.0 Presentation
A truly epic new Zelda complete with a compelling, darker storyline, enhanced controls, and brand new gameplay mechanics. Lack of voice acting and orchestrated music are unfortunate.
8.5 Graphics
An absolutely gorgeous GameCube game. An enormous, detailed world brought to life via beautiful art. But Wii is still capable of much more, as the adventure's sometimes-blurry textures prove.
8.0 Sound
Again, where's the orchestrated music? Come on, Nintendo. Everything else is great, from the moody sound effects to the atmospheric MIDI compositions.
9.5 Gameplay
Superb. The tried-and-true Zelda gameplay mechanics are taken to new heights with the Wii remote and nunchuk. Overworld and temple designs are stellar. Classic Zelda reborn for a new generation.
9.5 Lasting Appeal
It'll keep you busy for at least 50 hours and you could spend double that in Nintendo's new Hyrule. So much to do and see that you'll be busy for weeks, if not months.

It's too bad they didn't have more time for the Wii version (to take advantage of the bigger disc space and extra ram for better textures and music).

Rimali said:

comicguypoint.gif

"Worst Post Ever!"

Jeff-DSA

Rimali said:

Gertsmann?

Rimali said:

Nintendo made NO changes to the Wii version of the game. Easily Twilight Princess could have had better graphics, sound, textures(bc of the disc space), etc. They decided not to make any changes to it. The game is identical outside of the different controls, world mirroring, and display settings. Since they are alike, theyre the same price. So what is your point in terms to pricing?

Ganondorfo

omg rite said:
... So I went to work at 6.

It's now 11.

HOW THE FLYING **** SHIT IS THIS 18 PAGES?

Because it's zelda, it's the videogame of videogames for gamers, there is no franchise that is more important than zelda for the majority of gamers.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
omg rite said:
... So I went to work at 6.

It's now 11.

HOW THE FLYING **** SHIT IS THIS 18 PAGES?

You must be new here, or at least have never seen this happen before. The simple answer is post after post after post of the angry and insane.

En-ou

Pedobear said:
Why is it that WW got a better score on both sites.

Was it THAT good? I don't think so myself.
TP review on IGN is for Wii not GC. A Zelda title for the Wii from the ground up will most likely be better than TP. The GC version of TP will most likely get a 9.9

Xeke

Banned
En-ou said:
TP review on IGN is for Wii not GC. A Zelda title for the Wii from the ground up will most likely be better than TP. The GC version of TP will most likely get a 9.9

Then why would Matt say...

The experience is made better and not worse on Wii.

NME

gamergirly said:

Thank you for that, though I had kind of figured. I'm trying to play it safe.

From everything else I've heard and read, though, the cons sound just plain wrong. Guess I'll have to play it for myself, though.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i eagerly anticipate someone who hasn't been in here yet to pop in and give us the requisite,
"hay guyz wuts going on in this thread"

FoneBone said:
This thread makes me ashamed to be a Nintendo fan.

sorta feel the same way.

JayDubya

Banned
Shard said:
Okay, I think at this point Jeffykins is fearing for his life.

Plan of attack:

Gerstmann = Boris Karloff
GAF = The Villagers.

It's not a great plan, but it seemed appropriate, and it worked in the movie anyway.

FauX

Is it true that your favorite reviewer JEFF
@ss
didn't finish the game? because he's fat and get tired? is it true?

...somebody told me that GAF, is true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom