• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| Legend of Gacha: The Whale Waker (free-to-play action RPG)

Pejo

If they get desperate, they can release a 2nd one where Dehya sneezes.
One of Genshin's greatest moments.
eula-genshin.gif

Meanwhile with Dehya, they didn't even bother to give her a foot in her feature teaser trailer:

jRBOqpg.jpg

Pejo

The comments to that video are making me hope for a new, much more powerful wave of covid.
Hoyoverse have been sniping YouTube comments since the trailer released that talked bad about her kit. Only a few remain that praised her in the first half of the comments and then said "too bad her kit isn't as powerful as it could be!". The scathing ones are gone almost instantly.

Pejo

You have the retards to thank that kept spouting stuff like "a website is not a public square! Freedom of speech isn't guaranteed on a private platform!" during election/cancel culture bullshit.

Then the Chinese take censorship to a whole new level. I'm not even talking about covering titties and asses.

Pejo

So looks like they (accidentally?) left some numbers in on Dehya's showcase on the website.

Looney Tunes Nothing To See Here GIF

Jesus Christ those are below normal auto attack numbers on even the worst characters. Sure they probably didn't max her talents/artifacts but holy shit..... Now I see why they removed the numbers on the special program.

Last edited:

Saber

They said the mods desperadly turn off comments and downvotes for this post. Then after minutes they reversed the action because it was becoming way too suspicious plus make the playerbase even more angered.
Also note that since her numbers slipped on the official site, people are posting her actual problems(kit, numbers, etc) for everybody to see before its too late.

Last edited:

Pejo

Look at this completely random leak that's popping out at quite an opportune time for MHY. Wonder who could have leaked this...

q2cu60izb0ka1.jpg

"Drip marketing" my ass.... I hate them so much.

I hope they get roasted on all social media.

crumbs

What's the point of releasing an specific artifact set for a 5-star that was released 2 years ago? How many masochists players are going to re-farm a new set for him?

"Dendro Razor" might be best way to negatively hype a character.

I think all these uninspiring upcoming character leaks are a conspiracy to make me want to pull on the weapons banner.
Tinfoil Hat GIF by The Tick

Pejo

What's the point of releasing an specific artifact set for a 5-star that was released 2 years ago? How many masochists players are going to re-farm a new set for him?

I think all these uninspiring upcoming character leaks are a conspiracy to make me want to pull on the weapons banner.
Tinfoil Hat GIF by The Tick
They say Childe because it will also be good for him, but I look at it as a way to make Candace do...something.

Like a whole patch of artifacts saying "sorry tan people!"

*edit*

To expand on this, they say it's like the Polar Star skill, which is:

Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst DMG increased by 12%. After a Normal Attack, Charged Attack, Elemental Skill or Elemental Burst hits an opponent, 1 stack of Ashen Nightstar will be gained for 12s. When 1/2/3/4 stacks of Ashen Nightstar are present, ATK is increased by 10/20/30/48%. The stack of Ashen Nightstar created by the Normal Attack, Charged Attack, Elemental Skill or Elemental Burst will be counted independently of the others.

Provided it works similar to that description, it'd be a big buff to Candace's elemental Burst and make her a decent driver for Hydro. But who knows.

Last edited:

Saber

Its funny that leaks changed as soon as the last leaker(the one who was right about all the kits) said all prior Kaveh and Baizhu leaks were false.

Anyway I'm smelling massive quits on this game once more.

Last edited:

Pejo

After I get my copy of Dehya, I am not pulling for the entire 3.6 patch and probably beyond. I don't give a shit how good Baizhu and Kaveh are. There were rumors that the Geo Catgirl in 3.7 is a 5*, but it's gonna take a lot to get me out of save mode after this shitfest.

I've actually been having a pretty good time building up old characters. Currently working on Lisa, and she's got some real upside if you can get enough ER to make her Burst fairly available.

I also finally pulled the trigger and C6'd by Benny and leveled him to 80 in anticipation of Dehya, since she will absolutely need the ATK, heals, and Pyro infusion to do any sort of damage. I have never really used him before this, it feels kinda akward.

Are you supposed to be just tapping his elemental skill to get particles faster, or should i be doing the hold version?

Also, outside of just the highest ATK weapon possible to get more out of his buff, what are his best QoL swords? Favonius/Sac like usual?

Fake

Sacrificial is probably the best 4*.
I guess holding hit more target? Maybe you will generate more particles in this matter.

Never looked at Bennet, but supp usually get good with sacrificial sword. Favonious require you get at least one artifact with CRTR as main attribute.

crumbs

I don't use Bennett much; for a long time I had Festering Desire equipped for the ER. Recently he has my copy of Aquila Favonia.

Looking at KeqingMains, they recently updated and recommend the Sumeru craftable sword (ER + high base atk) as a good 4 star option for Bennett. The passive is probably on useful in certain teams.

Pejo

I don't use Bennett much; for a long time I had Festering Desire equipped for the ER. Recently he has my copy of Aquila Favonia.

Looking at KeqingMains, they recently updated and recommend the Sumeru craftable sword (ER + high base atk) as a good 4 star option for Bennett. The passive is probably on useful in certain teams.
I actually made the sword already because I thought it looked cool and I had the prototype. I'll probably just go with Sac/Fav anyways though just because when his burst isn't up, that like halves Dehya's damage potential, and i'm not really even talking about the ATK buff, moreso the infusion. If it was just for weak heals and his buff, I still wouldn't be using him, it's mostly just to give Dehya some kind of angle to build towards, like my DPS carry Shenhe and Chongus to imbue her.

Bennett's skill is really only good as the tap version to quickly feed energy into him or other pyro characters. Not that I have any experience with that.

It bothers me that they release new artifact sets after the fact. People get a new character, do everything they can to outfit them with the best artifacts they have, but are forced to start all over months later because MHY got off their lazy ass and finally released a better one. Must be part of the cycle to keep players engaged.

Last edited:
So looks like they (accidentally?) left some numbers in on Dehya's showcase on the website.

Looney Tunes Nothing To See Here GIF

Jesus Christ those are below normal auto attack numbers on even the worst characters. Sure they probably didn't max her talents/artifacts but holy shit..... Now I see why they removed the numbers on the special program.

BjrSw9S.gif

Benett was one of the first pyro users I used but haven't used him since the first few months of the game. Forever C5 though.

With artifact storage near max and no drive for RNG at the moment, I've been going through running the bosses to grind any remaining materials. Just a few fire vine runs short of being done with the pre 2.0 bosses.

Last edited:

crumbs

It bothers me that they release new artifact sets after the fact. People get a new character, do everything they can to outfit them with the best artifacts they have, but are forced to start all over months later because MHY got off their lazy ass and finally released a better one. Must be part of the cycle to keep players engaged.

It was pretty lame of them to release the new Flower of Paradise set (EM + Bloom damage scaling) right after everyone had farmed the Gilded Dreams domain for Nahida. I didn't even bother messing with the new domain since I already had decent GD artifacts for her and a couple of other characters.

Fake

Creating new artifact always backfire because RNG still play a huge role in this fucking game.

For example, today I farmed the Echoes of an Offering, 5 condensed plus 160, got nothing besides 'healing bonus'.

So, I started to play this game since the beta and migrate my save from beta to the official build, and since them there are still characters with trash artifact. I just get tired and put 4-set without proper attributes.

Last edited:
I think Ayaka will be my last pull for a long time. I don't think they are capable of making any more interesting characters gameplay wise (or game mechanic changes) for a long time unless they lose revenue due to pushback by the players for all their bullshit mechanics (gating, RNG etc.). MH Rise takes most of my time now. GI has just become a daily chore to burn resin and do dailies.

Last edited:

Pejo

Looks like noteworthy content creators just got an email of stuff they're not supposed to say in their videos about Dehya from MHY. If they do mention the "we shall not speak" talking points, they might lose their Hoyoverse partnership and thus lose access to insider stuff (which I am sure helps their views). Feels a bit like textbook extortion to me, but what do I know?

Now let's see which of these shitsuckers sell out (almost all of them I'd wager) vs. actually talk about Dehya's kit. Then again, if I made my living off of Genshin videos, I guess I would be viewing it in a different perspective. Thank god I didn't end up like that though.

In other news, I just noticed, 🎉congrats on 500 pages, Genshin-GAF🎉. Shame it had to happen when MHY decided to be dirty pricks. This could look a lot different if the mood of the community was in a different spot, but that's on them.

Pejo

This is not a drill! There's a new survey! Vengeance for Dehya!

Doing My Part Reaction GIF
The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

I tried to use as many keywords as possible so when their AI CTRL+F's specific words, hopefully my response actually adds into the algorithm. Hell of a time to release a survey though, good for us.

Official say yeah, thats also a new survey which is actually a 30 minute phone call.
Things are not looking good I guess.
Yea I actually got one of those when I was in the first Honkai Star Rail beta. They say it's a "phone call" but it's actually a discord call. I refuse to sign up for D*scord, so I skipped it then. No email about this one, they probably don't want to hear my feedback anyways.

*edit*

Looks like that post on reddit is at 7600 downvotes and hundreds of comments.
Family Guy Cockroach GIF

Last edited:

Pejo

8orYgm8.png

Rumored 4 stars for the Dehya banner. Looking worse than I expected. At least Collei's up there. Good for most of us who'll skip though.
Great for all those new players undoubtedly starting the game to pull Dehya when they hear how good she is.

Another landmark for the MHY post:

pmv8dp5i18ka1.png

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

I saw Dehya questline spoilers picture

Is she a cat all along? I mean, using a cat ears hairband since kid?
At least the questline looks decent by those pictyres, lets see how the lore fairs.

Saber

Already have Barbara at max. Lol, those patchs are becoming more and more of basically nothing.

Last edited:
Excellent, my Benny's C5 and I don't want to risk a fucking red dot.

Mine is probably C55 and I hate that red mark on him. I wish they add the following changes:
  • Enable/Disable constellations.
  • Auto collect all world drops like trees.
  • All weekly bosses permanent 30 resin.
  • All regular bosses 20 resin.
  • Give 6 or 8 dailies and let us choose any 4 we like.
  • All items and materials respawn daily instead of 3 days.
None of these should have any direct impact on their money stuff I think.

Top Bottom