• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

shubik

I want this game so bad. But Elden Ring is living rent-free in my head. No way I´m able to put it down at the moment. And I still have to finish Horizon forbidden west and Dying light 2. The last couple of weeks were insane if you are into gaming. Enjoy it guys.

Devstator

New GT hype everywhere, what a wonderful time to be alive!

I can't wait to improve my skills.

My current skill lvl,

toy-car-crash.gif

Last edited:

OZ9000

gt7.png

Can someone explain to me why Polyphony felt the need to fill your entire screen with this useless crap?

Why do we need 2 maps?

Why do we need to see the order of players on the left side when the position is clear in the top left corner?

Why do we have so many indicators at the bottom of the screen?

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned
gt7.png

Can someone explain to me why Polyphony felt the need to fill your entire screen with this useless crap?

Why do we need 2 maps?

Why do we need to see the order of players on the left side when the position is clear in the top left corner?

Why do we have so many indicators at the bottom of the screen?
You need all of that. It will take same time to explain and kinda lazy right now lol.
The map on the botton right is to see who's next you, and you scroll right where the information of weather and other stuff is

Last edited:

OZ9000

You need all of that. It will take same time to explain and kinda lazy right now lol.
The map on the botton right is to see who's next you, and you scroll right where the information of weather and other stuff is
The tyre/fuel/brake/gas and speedometer useful.

The individual car lights? Pointless.

The information on the left? Pointless, unless you are a competitive racer who cares about who is in what position when playing online.

SLB1904

Banned
The information on the left? Pointless, unless you are a competitive racer who cares about who is in what position when playing online.
So you don't care about tyre wear?Fuel consumption. Abs, traction control?

Dude this is a simulator you need all that stuff

Alpha Male

I want this game so bad. But Elden Ring is living rent-free in my head. No way I´m able to put it down at the moment. And I still have to finish Horizon forbidden west and Dying light 2. The last couple of weeks were insane if you are into gaming. Enjoy it guys.
Unlocks around midnight for me.

Man, Halo Infinite, Elden Ring and GT7. Just perfect <3
I feel you both - as I'm trying to split time between my GAAS and single player games right now:

Battlefield
Halo
Forza Horizon
Gran Turismo
plus
Dying Light
Horizon
Elden Ring

As I stated in another thread, It's an embarrassment of riches right now and it's GLORIOUS!

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
So you don't care about tyre wear?Fuel consumption. Abs, traction control?

Dude this is a simulator you need all that stuff

Yeah weird post

This time around I should really look into the tuning aspect.. Need to dedicate some time on YouTube tutorials or something. I feel that when it'll click it's going to add a lot of depth

Alpha Male Alpha Male yeah it's great atm. I like to switch up my gaming having a awesome racing game, multiplayer fps in Halo and Elden Ring is a perfect combination. Couldn't be happier atm!

Last edited:

SLB1904

Banned

zephiross

When I woke up this morning, I was really eager to be tomorrow to get my hands on this game.

Then a bit later, I looked at several reviews that have been unanimously stellar. it made the hype grow even bigger.

Then during lunch break, I read a bit about that Fanatec granturismo DD wheel (note that I already have a thrustmaster TX with H shifter and 3 pedals, with a drivehub to make it work on playstation).

It seems nice. Must control myself.

Now its 14:50, and I have 1000€ less on my bank account...

Why u doing this to me GT7 ?

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

When I woke up this morning, I was really eager to be tomorrow to get my hands on this game.

Then a bit later, I looked at several reviews that have been unanimously stellar. it made the hype grow even bigger.

Then during lunch break, I read a bit about that Fanatec granturismo DD drive (note that I already have a thrustmaster TX whith H shifter and 3 pedals, with a drivehub to make it work on playstation).

It was already reported in this thread that the commitment needed for the game is its biggest problem. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

R6Rider

I got lucky with Elden Ring (Best Buy delivered 1 day early) and now I'll probably have bad luck with Amazon and GT7. I don't think my order has updated at all yet.

TTOOLL

Yeah, another game I won't be able to play because I lack a PS5 right now lol. I have a PS4 pro but I'm not doing it to myself after I saw the load times comparison. I basically bought a PS4 to play GT Sport, btw.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Yeah, another game I won't be able to play because I lack a PS5 right now lol. I have a PS4 pro but I'm not doing it to myself after I saw the load times comparison. I basically bought a PS4 to play GT Sport, btw.
Yeah, those load times are really rough. I was thinking about installing it on my PS4 for when I'm in my living room, but now I'm not sure and may stick to PS5 only.

I think this game would really benefit if they ditched the silly chase structure for races. Maybe the Sophie AI thing will allow them to setup more traditional races, but I'd love a standard setup with qualifying and grid starts. It's strange because they have grid starts, they just don't use them.

Still super excited for it. I race in iRacing and AC on PC so it will be nice to have a casual GT game to play on my TV/PS5.

Last edited:

TrebleShot

Then during lunch break, I read a bit about that Fanatec granturismo DD wheel (note that I already have a thrustmaster TX with H shifter and 3 pedals, with a drivehub to make it work on playstation).

fighting this urge at the moment...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Looking forward to that aspect a lot! Steve is a chill dude =)

So loading times are bad on PS4Pro I see? That's to bad.. I was expecting playing GT7 and Elden Ring on a PS5 but here we are lol
Yeah, I like his dry and clever humor "pie_tears_joy:

Hope you score one soon.

TrebleShot

I think this game would really benefit if they ditched the silly chase structure for races. Maybe the Sophie AI thing will allow them to setup more traditional races, but I'd love a standard setup with qualifying and grid starts. It's strange because they have grid starts, they just don't use them.

Still super excited for it. I race in iRacing and AC on PC so it will be nice to have a casual GT game to play on my TV/PS5.
Not all races are like that. That's a specific start type

Raven117

Man...I just can't freaking wait..

There is probably only one game that could possibly get me to take a brake (heh) from Elden Ring...and that is this.

Im looking forward to more people getting into SimRacing. Its such a fun little corner of gaming.

Still 7 hours to go, I had it pre loaded but now its copying a update it downloaded, its taking ages to copy. What happened to that shit that Mark Cerny said in that talk to devs where he said no more waiting for updates to apply, will be instant? Possibly because its not a ps5 only game?

Last edited:
Top Bottom