• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

Time to visit the Garage to see what I got as my first car heh
KIoojEf.jpg

Yep the only GAF choice haha
KcfNrWy.jpg

DarkestHour

Banned
Still 7 hours to go, I had it pre loaded but now its copying a update it downloaded, its taking ages to copy. What happened to that shit that Mark Cerny said in that talk to devs where he said no more waiting for updates to apply, will be instant? Possibly because its not a true ps5 game?

It better be a true game if I had to pay $70 for the "PS5" version.

Nankatsu

GT masters, help me out here:

I'm considering diving deep into GT and get a racing wheel.

Which one do you recommend? I'm looking at Mid-tier options here. No need to go into the best, newly ones.

I was considering Logitech G29. Is it solid?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
How's the licence tests? Any of the game locked off like the very first game or all playable if you don't go down that avenue?

TheMan

does anyone here actaully fuck with the rally shit in GT? I've always thought it was terrible and some of the reviews briefly mentioned some wonky ass physics even in this iteration

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
does anyone here actaully fuck with the rally shit in GT? I've always thought it was terrible and some of the reviews briefly mentioned some wonky ass physics even in this iteration
I enjoyed it in A-Spec on the PS2, never messed with it really since. Physics are wonky on small bumps I noticed, and will need more fine tuning in future updates.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Its always been awful and the rules were also very strict, even going slightly off the track would penalize you. It wouldn't surprise me if its still shit.

NickFire

The author is gonna get lots of clicks, so I guess well done on that front good sir or whatever (speaking to author, not poster).

Won't change the fact that in the context of GT7, he needed to dig real hard for something to get those clicks. From the article:

"I spent far more time in photo mode that I expected to in Gran Turismo 7, and I spent a little more time looking at people than cars."

Last edited:

Markio128

Which one do you recommend? I'm looking at Mid-tier options here. No need to go into the best, newly ones.

I bought the G29 and for the price it’s a great steering wheel.

nikos

It's a decent wheel if you can get it for a good price, but beware the sim racing rabbit hole. It wasn't long before I sold the G29 and went with a Fanatec setup on a dedicated racing rig. It's never ending, there's always more you can do. Too bad I can't use any of it for GT7. The Fanatec CSL DD is a really great mid-range option if you could swing it.

Certinty

Easily the most responsive UI I’ve ever come across in a game, absolute joy to jump around and the loading times are insane to go along with it.

But dear God at the AI, this isn’t just bad it’s horrific. The same driving on rails slowly yet again which makes it an overtaking simulator more than a racing one. What a shame for now.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Easily the most responsive UI I’ve ever come across in a game, absolute joy to jump around and the loading times are insane to go along with it.

But dear God at the AI, this isn’t just bad it’s horrific. The same driving on rails slowly yet again which makes it an overtaking simulator more than a racing one. What a shame for now.
Wait really didnt they mentioned some insane AI learning shit?

Certinty

Wait really didnt they mentioned some insane AI learning shit?
Sadly that’s coming in a future update.

I’m not even joking here when I say it’s the worst AI in a racing game I’ve come across in years. It’s literally outdated a good 15 years.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill

I’m not even joking here when I say it’s the worst AI in a racing game I’ve come across in years. It’s literally outdated a good 15 years.
The fuck.
That is kinda shitty i guess sony told them.
No fuck off no other delay.

I want that B-spec mode SO BAD

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Okay who thought it would be a good idea to reward you with a GTO Twin Turbo for completing your B License 😂
That's about 50% of the races won by just holding accelerate 🤣

SLB1904

Banned

I was watching stream today and the ai was pretty good. What difficulty you are playing on? There 3 difficulties

Certinty

I was watching stream today and the ai was pretty good. What difficulty you are playing on? There 3 difficulties
The hardest one. Put like 6 hours into the game so far and each race has been a complete bore. Maybe when I get to the much faster cars things will change and I really hope so because right now this is horrendous.

Inviusx

Just picked up my copy, installing now. I'm finally home bros. We're all home.

I hope everyone enjoys! I'll be back to share my thoughts later.

rolandss

Man, just picked up the 25th Anniversary Edition at the store. Take it home, put in the disc. It has to download 96GB worth of data from PSN. What the fuck is the point of the disc if it's downloading the entire fucking game. The worst thing is for some reason my internet is slow today and it's taking 5 hours. I took the day off work to play this and I won't be playing it until the time I normally finish work anyway.

Such an annoying fucking trend with modern gaming. Put data on the fucking discs you cretins!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Man, just picked up the 25th Anniversary Edition at the store. Take it home, put in the disc. It has to download 96GB worth of data from PSN. What the fuck is the point of the disc if it's downloading the entire fucking game. The worst thing is for some reason my internet is slow today and it's taking 5 hours. I took the day off work to play this and I won't be playing it until the time I normally finish work anyway.

Such an annoying fucking trend with modern gaming. Put data on the fucking discs you cretins!
Really?
Mine didn't have no download
Just a install 😕
Not even an update

Top Bottom