• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 |OT| Hitting the Apex

RavageX

Random question, perhaps I just haven't noticed but I wish more "normal" cars were in the game, or a larger variety rather. Example, id love to have each version of the modern challenger in game, SXT, GT, RT and so on. Different years as well. Throw in some Altimas, the Saturn Sky, some random Mitsubishi cars, Impalas, Oldsmobiles, more convertible options. Wide range of common to rare.

Always liked that. Anyone else?

GladiusFrog

As long as VR works in all GT7 modes, Once I get myself a PSVR2 and a Wheel, GT7 will be hard to pull me away from.

I cannot wait to look around the cabin and see all the amazing PBR materials and then step on the gas and go.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
As long as VR works in all GT7 modes, Once I get myself a PSVR2 and a Wheel, GT7 will be hard to pull me away from.

I cannot wait to look around the cabin and see all the amazing PBR materials and then step on the gas and go.
From datamining the current game files, there is a VR Showroom as well. So I assume you can walk around your car and hopefully look at everything.

Con-Z-epT

Con-Z-epT Con-Z-epT on what will you spend 2m cr you earned for golding last tt ? ;d
Ah, you noticed. :messenger_grinning: You are still faster than me! My second gold for an online TT. I'm so slow with road cars.

I guess i will spend it on parts for cars i haven't tuned yet. I'm still sitting on 19 million credits without the gold. I still miss 8 cars. 6 of them worth around 20 million credits and two where i miss the invitation. So there is always the possibility to spend a high amount.

And i guess an update isn't far off so i might save it for the cars that will come with it.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
PSVR confirmed to the the FULL GAME!
We’re thrilled that Gran Turismo 7 will be a PS VR2 launch title! Through a free upgrade, for those who have already purchased Gran Turismo 7, players will experience all cars and tracks in VR like never before. GT7 in VR takes full advantage of PS VR2’s next gen features. With eye tracking and foveated rendering, players will experience stunning visual fidelity while racing in any of the 450+ cars. While 2-player splitscreen races are not supported in VR, all other races, including online races, will be available. From the Nürburgring to Tsukuba, tracks can be experienced exactly as they are in real life.

Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital

On a mission to get all gold for the S license so taking some screenshots along the way:

ykLtm42.jpg

PXxuxvO.jpg

iKRkfi5.jpg

You can do it! And nice shots.

Thanks man! Three more left but that S-10, I haven't tried it in months, giving me nightmares just thinking about it lol. I think I barely got bronze and was 10 seconds off. But was surprised how quickly I got gold on like 8 tests that before I couldnt improve. Probably hours and hours racing on these tracks gets you better muscle memmory than when the game just came out. The I-10 with the AMG which I thought was impossible gold, I got 1.5 seconds ahead of the gold time.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Thanks man! Three more left but that S-10, I haven't tried it in months, giving me nightmares just thinking about it lol. I think I barely got bronze and was 10 seconds off.
When you initially asked for help i went and tried both, the Nordschleife with the AMG and the S-10 licence test, again. Got a much better time with the AMG after the second try but struggled immensely with the S-10 test although i golded it before.

Don't give up!

I activated some driving aids again to smoothen the test a bit. In general stay away from the wet parts at all cost. Don't force the car through it. Its better to get a slower time and finish it consistently and then gradually work to get faster. Build some muscle memory, watch a guide on YT, play with the settings for assists and sensitivity to see what works best. Took me about 30 tries to beat my time so its not just you who is struggling with this. Traction control is your friend here.

Edit: Yeah it's a lot of fun to come back to the licence test or the missions after months of driving. It's incredible to see the improvements on your own skills. This alone should give you enough confidence for the remaining tasks.

Last edited:
I'm relieved they brought it with the VR. Now it's up to me:

I need a wheel, what are you guys using?

I was thinking T300, as it seems better than Logitech (apart from PRO), but it's a bit more expensive.

In Brazil I can't afford a big ol'DD wheel yet, so that's off. Any suggestions ?

sncvsrtoip

I was thinking T300, as it seems better than Logitech (apart from PRO), but it's a bit more expensive.

In Brazil I can't afford a big ol'DD wheel yet, so that's off. Any suggestions ?
If you want entry level you cant go wrong either with t150pro or g29. Little more expensive t248(tough heard shift paddles are quite noisy in this one). T300 is more expensive but also better than entry levels ;)

Last edited:

R6Rider

I got my first wheel a little after launch. I went with a Logitech G29 [with two mods: foot pedal + paddle shifters] and also got a GT Omega stand.

No regrets with my purchase.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
When you initially asked for help i went and tried both, the Nordschleife with the AMG and the S-10 licence test, again. Got a much better time with the AMG after the second try but struggled immensely with the S-10 test although i golded it before.

Don't give up!

I activated some driving aids again to smoothen the test a bit. In general stay away from the wet parts at all cost. Don't force the car through it. Its better to get a slower time and finish it consistently and then gradually work to get faster. Build some muscle memory, watch a guide on YT, play with the settings for assists and sensitivity to see what works best. Took me about 30 tries to beat my time so its not just you who is struggling with this. Traction control is your friend here.

Edit: Yeah it's a lot of fun to come back to the licence test or the missions after months of driving. It's incredible to see the improvements on your own skills. This alone should give you enough confidence for the remaining tasks.
I second your edit. At the beginning I was scraping through with mostly bronze and the odd silver. Coming back to them, the first sets have changed to mostly gold with the odd silver now.

Haven’t attempted the S licences again yet mind you.

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
On a mission to get all gold for the S license so taking some screenshots along the way:

PXxuxvO.jpg

💗

If you want entry level you cant go wrong either with t150pro or g29. Little more expensive t248(tough heard shift paddles are quite noisy in this one). T300 is more expensive but also better than entry levels ;)

Trustmaster uses bands instead or gears which is supposedly better.

Wait I have a video T150 vs G29

Tidgney played at worlds fwiw

Lol SHAMEFULL T300

Last edited:
S4 and S9 complete. Just got S7 to tackle before the very last test. I tried it a few times, think its not gonna be an easy one. Too many leap of faith corners, some corners by just letting go of the gas you turn super sharp, others you need to go full speed in a 90* corner to make it without losing time. Urghhhh...

P.S. Best tip I got on YT once I decided to revisit these tests that I never had gold, is to offset the demonstration ghost by 0.2. That helped me a ton improving my laps because you can see ahead where you should turn but also it gives you some pointer how well you are doing.

PK5YETT.jpg

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

S4 and S9 complete. Just got S7 to tackle before the very last test. I tried it a few times, think its not gonna be an easy one. Too many leap of faith corners, some corners by just letting go of the gas you turn super sharp, others you need to go full speed in a 90* corner to make it without losing time. Urghhhh...

This is one of those tests where you wake up in the morning, sit down and nail it first try, after racing it for ages. The car is so crazy responsive that turning in a 10th of a second to early or to late will mess up your whole lap. But hey some weeks earlier you thought you wouldn't be able to gold many of these so... 🤷‍♂️

P.S. Best tip I got on YT once I decided to revisit these tests that I never had gold, is to offset the demonstration ghost by 0.2. That helped me a ton improving my laps because you can see ahead where you should turn but also it gives you some pointer how well you are doing.

While this helped me at first it ultimately stressed me out when i started the lap really good. You could say i felt haunted by a ghost. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Con-Z-epT

Wouldn't we have a Kaz tweet at this point to prepare us for next thursdays update?

Scared Kermit The Frog GIF

What do you hope to see this year? I would like to see a new city circuit but any will do in general. Hyundai N30 or N Vision 74 would make me faint.

I know it takes more time to make but Im more interested in new tracks than cars. So many old skool tracks still missing, especially the fantasy ones. Thats why I love Trial Mountain, it feels so fresh, almost need for speed like fun track with a mix of real vegetation around versus just flat grass.

I want these:

Costa di Amalfi​

kiRiFgh.jpg

Eiger Nordwand

0aXmmIM.jpg

Tokyo 246

jgengeD.jpg

Seattle Circuit

Gi0q1wR.jpg

Celcius

°Temp. member
To be honest, I've always liked Gran Turismo's fictional tracks more than the real ones. I hope they can take a break from the e-sports focus and put some more of them back in the game.

To be honest, I've always liked Gran Turismo's fictional tracks more than the real ones. I hope they can take a break from the e-sports focus and put some more of them back in the game.

I actually thought thats what we were going to get with GT7 since GTS was very e-sports oriented. Yes we got Deep Forest and Trial Mountain but why again mostly all real life race tracks. Lets be honest 90% of them just got ported from GTS, Im not a developer, I know it can take a ton of time to get all the small details but for fictional tracks, they already have reference, its not like they need to go somewhere physically to measure the elevation of the track, radius of the turn etc. As you said, have some fun, theres plenty material for real epsorts players and tournaments. They covered pretty much most of the world famous circuits.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Bought the Shelby Cobra. Haven't spent that many credits in a while. I wish they would add the Shelby Series 1.

Also starting making a list of cars I want to experience in VR the most.

Last edited:

GladiusFrog

Dammit. Now I want a GT4 Remaster.

Also, does anybody else prefer racing Gr.4 over Gr.3? Just all around more fun for me.
GT4 with GT7 improvements would be fire.

I like using street cars on smaller circuits, I respect Gr.4 and Gr.3 but I'd rather run around Tsukuba in some 90's JDM, or Watkins Glen in Classic Muscle.

Last edited:

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
My Wishlist for cars added to GT7 for the year 2023:

Dodge Neon SRT-4​

2004-Dodge-Neon-FrontSide_DONEOSRT4042_505x375.jpg

Pontiac Firebird Trans Am WS6​

2002_pontiac_transam_2002_pontiac_transam_e1fef114-4de9-4ace-9574-184671eb2c00-etxel2-00405-53225.jpg

Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX Gen 2.​

49a7535bdc91857fe6e9d063a44dae0b--mitsubishi-eclipse-car-photography.jpg

Volkswagen Corrado​

corrado-1.jpg

Porsche 944 S2​

porsche-normal.jpg

Fox Body Mustang​

8-1572551210985@2x.jpg

Love them all expect for the Pontiac. Looks like a over designed strawberry space ice popsicle.

22•22

Doesnt need recognition
I am no good with a controller lol
too many years using wheels. No coordination whatsoever. I can do Sardegna at least, so I can buy cars :p

Did your wheel broke?
What is/are the main differences that gives you trouble. Curious.

omegasc

Did your wheel broke?
What is/are the main differences that gives you trouble. Curious.
No, I am in the process of moving from one State to another and can't mount my rig yet.
Main issue is lacking coordination really. I don't like auto gear but I often mess it up on low speed corners, for example. It's training but I don't have time and will since I will be back on the wheel in 2 or 3 months hehe

Top Bottom