• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeless-age

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mudkips said:
I move we all eat mother fucking pizza today to commemorate the occasion.

I just eat veggies :(

Anyway, if you notice, HJ's posts are getting more and more relaxed :lol Kudos for that lol

I bet that right now there are guys from news websites taking screenshots to publish a news by tomorrow (or monday).

So...smile :D :D :D :D :D

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Holy crap. When I donated last night the total was like $325.00, and now it's nearing $800? I love you GAF.

ChackanKun said:
I just eat veggies :(

Anyway, if you notice, HJ's posts are getting more and more relaxed :lol Kudos for that lol

I bet that right now there are guys from news websites taking screenshots to publish a news by tomorrow (or monday).

So...smile :D :D :D :D :D

"GAF Community Brings Fresh Life To Another Being" :)

Rhino

GAF has a heart...

bigd.gif

jakncoke

Banned
This thread is amazing, it will go down in history as one of the greatest threads in GAF history...scratch that.... Internet history.

Rayme

I've given Soultron's PayPal info to a few people already.

PM me if you need it! (As he'll likely be afk for a few more hours.)

Rayme said:
I've given Soultron's PayPal info to a few people already.

PM me if you need it! (As he'll likely be afk for a few more hours.)

Yeah I believe he mentioned his exam goes till 5:30, then he's meeting HJ afterwards for the meeting and such. Keep them coming guys!

Hey everyone, just made the payment to the owner of the house! We ended up chatting for an hour, and he plays in a jazz band and needs a guitarist! Score! I am going to be neck-deep in wimminz in no time! I also inquired about spending the last week of this month in the smaller room since it is empty. Just as a place to sleep until I can move into my room. I can't wait to have Soul and his friends over and take some pics. One wall has 3 large windows, and the owner said you can see the skyline on a good day.

I was just riding my bike around while waiting to meet up with Soul. I hope his exam is going well.

As for this thread, it isn't even 2 days old yet and people are saying to archive it! This is just the beginning. This topic wont end until I pay back the money in either a charity donation, or to the people who donated. That said, am I the only one who noticed the eerie lack of mods in this topic? Seems they are viewing it from afar. Either that or I just missed their post.

I am going to make sure to give evidence to those who seek it that the money went to what it was meant for. I will not be purchasing any new games until I am working and supporting myself. Same with beer. Same with any liquid. I am on an all-water diet until I can support myself. I want people to know that every dollar is going towards my survival.

ZOMG I am so excited about my place! Cannot FUCKING wait! Love you all.

soultron said:
$770. Again, thanks to everyone who has donated.

It amazes me to think that people from all over the world have donated. We've even had people donating from different developers/publishers.

CliffyB felt bad about when I complained about Gears 2. We're even, Cliff.

Good to hear you're back on your feet pal!

Actually, I have been on my feet so much yesterday and today, that I seem to have pulled something in the arch of my foot. Probably when I was carrying my bike up the mountain steps. Hurts really bad, but feels fine when I am biking. I had to ride down one of the mountain accesses today because if I had to carry my bike again I would have probably needed foot surgery. So basically this weekend I plan to get off my feet and back on my ass :p

Meadows

Banned
HurricaneJesus said:
Hey everyone, just made the payment to the owner of the house! We ended up chatting for an hour, and he plays in a jazz band and needs a guitarist! Score! I am going to be neck-deep in wimminz in no time! I also inquired about spending the last week of this month in the smaller room since it is empty. Just as a place to sleep until I can move into my room. I can't wait to have Soul and his friends over and take some pics. One wall has 3 large windows, and the owner said you can see the skyline on a good day.

I was just riding my bike around while waiting to meet up with Soul. I hope his exam is going well.

As for this thread, it isn't even 2 days old yet and people are saying to archive it! This is just the beginning. This topic wont end until I pay back the money in either a charity donation, or to the people who donated. That said, am I the only one who noticed the eerie lack of mods in this topic? Seems they are viewing it from afar. Either that or I just missed their post.

I am going to make sure to give evidence to those who seek it that the money went to what it was meant for. I will not be purchasing any new games until I am working and supporting myself. Same with beer. Same with any liquid. I am on an all-water diet until I can support myself. I want people to know that every dollar is going towards my survival.

I would rather you spent my money on booze. I would have spent it that way anyway :p

EDIT: Also, can't wait to see pics of your new place!

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
PM sent to make a donation. I am quite broke at the moment so I cannot donate much, but hopefully it is enough for quite a few pints!

This is the most heart warming thread I have ever seen, a whole community getting together to help a guy out when he needs it the most :) I am just sorry I cannot do more to help.

Cannot wait to see pictures of your new place dude, it sounds great!

Fantasmo

HurricaneJesus said:

These are the moments that I live for. Congrats and good luck man!

SRG01

HurricaneJesus said:

Y'know, with this Jazz band and giving up games/beer, you might find yourself liking this newfound life of yours. :)

As many have said, this is one of the best things I've been witness to :) So glad for you HJ and i wish you all the best.

Also well done to everyone that helped out +karma for life in my book.

Enojado

As corny as it sounds, this thread has really given me a boost. While I won't pretend my shitty situation is nearly as shitty as the OP's, seeing the generosity of complete strangers has been really uplifting for me. GAF, doing this first class all the way.

This thread is really amazing! After reading threads about all the bad things people do to one another in this world, it's nice to know that there STILL are some caring people out in this world! I wish I knew about this thread sooner. I'm in the Mississauga area and if you need anything please let me know...

soultron

Banned
I can't read everything so far, but HJ is here now.

The man got himself a lease signed and he'll be moving in for September!

We're gonna go to BP!

Exhumed

soultron said:

We're gonna go to BP!

Have him eat an extra slice just for me!

iFootball

HurricaneJesus said:
CliffyB felt bad about when I complained about Gears 2. We're even, Cliff.

Actually, I have been on my feet so much yesterday and today, that I seem to have pulled something in the arch of my foot. Probably when I was carrying my bike up the mountain steps. Hurts really bad, but feels fine when I am biking. I had to ride down one of the mountain accesses today because if I had to carry my bike again I would have probably needed foot surgery. So basically this weekend I plan to get off my feet and back on my ass :p

the 'awesome' in this thread is overflowing now :D

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Ok, just sent a donation to the paypal account. Good shit, progress gets made even further.

For the record, HJ, I have plenty of complaints about Gears 2 as well. The first game is much better, fuck that.

So heartwarming. Best of luck, hj (sorry I couldn't donate more), and soultron is an inspiration. Glad to hear everything's going well.

I look forward to the oscar-winning movie.

JSnake

soultron said:

We're gonna go to BP!

Are you guys new best buddies? :D

soultron

Banned
IMG00279.jpg

THE LEASE! ^

Since so many people have been badgering HJ into drinking beer, we're going to to get him some. Talk to you guys when we get word back on BP Sneaking Mission.

Meadows

Banned
soultron said:
IMG00279.jpg

THE LEASE! ^

Since so many people have been badgering HJ into drinking beer, we're going to to get him some. Talk to you guys when we get word back on BP Sneaking Mission.

:')

soultron

Banned
Okay guys, just one more quick update:

We hit over $1000. HJ says he wants to cut it.

HJ is thinking that if we get any more donations between here and now, that it should go to some sort of charity that helps the homeless. To keep in the theme of the thread, etc.

Penny Arcade basically has Child's Play covered, so we're going to leave the decision up to HJ now.

JSnake

May I suggest Make a Wish Foundation? These dudes helped me out when I was very, very ill in the hospital. I dunno if they accept donations though.

http://www.wish.org/

EDIT: LOL they do accept donations and the button to do so was smacking me in the face on the home page :lol

soultron said:
Okay guys, just one more quick update:

We hit over $1000. HJ says he wants to cut it.

HJ is thinking that if we get any more donations between here and now, that it should go to some sort of charity that helps the homeless. To keep in the theme of the thread, etc.

Penny Arcade basically has Child's Play covered, so we're going to leave the decision up to HJ now.

$1000? Wow, that's impressive, less than a day
Have a great night out guys, hope you get the job HJ!

soultron

Banned
~1040 on my last estimate. Seriously guys, stop being so fucking GENEROUS ALREADY!

GOD!

Just kidding. I love you.

But, seriously, HJ is saying that he's good right now. Start donating to charity, people!

Meadows

Banned
Not A Fur said:
Sent.

I'm gonna have a beer for you guys tonight. If either of you are ever in San Francisco for some weird reason, PM me and I'll buy you a beer. :)

Yeah, if either of you are in Manchester UK for an even weirder reason, the pints are on me ;)

Invisible Man

aka SexyNerd
Awesome video guys! Can't wait to see HJ's new place.

Does anyone else think that Soul looks a little like Jeff Goldblum with those glasses?

soultron

Banned
Okay, 1150. Stop already. Haha.

We're going for food/job searching now so we won't be able to give you anti-cheapskates the PP info.

We'll let you know how the Boston Pizza deal goes!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I sent you a PM soultron, but I didn't read over the fact that he wants to cut it already. If you're planning on donating some money to charity though, count me in!

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
i'm surprised soultron did not have 5 beautiful women behind him in that video

SexyNerd said:
Awesome video guys! Can't wait to see HJ's new place.

Does anyone else think that Soul looks a little like Jeff Goldblum with those glasses?

I'd say he looks more like a young Woody Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom