• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeless-age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exhumed

Just PMed you Soultron I will be donating as well.

Wow what a heart warming story.

I had a rough time when I started college and I had a buddy let me stay with him for 9 months while I got on my feet. First couple months I had about 15 job offers go down the hole. Rumor at the college had it that the local area did not want to hire teenagers, I was 18, because too many dumb ***** did some pretty horrible things. ie, pissing in the fry vat at Wendy's. Once I did get a job he let me pay minimal rent since I pretty much stayed in my room and I started working at the school.

The guy was a family friend and had been living on his own in a 2 bedroom apartment. I have known this guy my entire life. He was friends with my parents since they were in high school, nearly 30 years ago. I have not been able to repay him but things like this make me think one day I am going to surprise him somehow. You know, to let him know he was part of my success.

I know what its like man and keep fighting. Way to get on your feet though, several job offers, an apartment, etc. All in the first couple days too! When you are in college the last thing you want to think about is finding a place to live.

Wow, I really love GAF!

soultron

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
So when does this become a heartfelt movie? Hurricane, can maybe sell his story
Gary Whitta for the script or NO DEAL!!

Okay, I copypasta'd the same message to everyone with the email in it. Hopefully you guys all got it!

EDIT: beaten.

This really is becoming something awesome lol :lol

10 more people to donate? Damn, HJ will soon be able to buy a house :lol

No really, i'm glad to see that the Internet is being used for this. Really glad.

Razorskin

----- ------
Can you send me a pm soulton? I'll donate a little too I'll just need to link my credit card to paypal because I killed my sending limit.

soultron

Banned
I'm in the process of using $500 of it to ban words like "FHUTA" from GAF. EviLore is not receptive to my low balling though.

Totally kidding. Your money's safe.

soultron

Banned
I seriously cannot keep up with you guys and your PMs and donations!

I'll keep updating you guys, but so much is happening so fast right now!

Amazing thread. It really shows neogaf at its core is a community like any other and is willing to help out its members in need.

Donations should be handled carefully though. People have expectations, perhaps different ones, as to how that money should be used and where its going.

Damn soul, just got back from walmart with 52.67 worth of supplies. I had no clean clothes, so I picked up a pair of cheap blue jeans, a white shirt, a pair of socks, 2 pairs of boxer-briefs, mini toothpaste, mini baby powder(lol), toothbrush, old spice hair and body wash, a cheap wash cloth, and a cheap towel.

The jeans were 20 bucks, which I was hesitant to spend, but I want to look good for tonight.

I used the shower at Mohawk, which was a new and exciting experience since the last time I used a public shower was when I was 5 at a public pool. Even though I was alone, I kept expecting bro-rape any second. Got all cleaned up, put on the new clothes, brushed teeth, etc and now I am getting my resume all ready, and then meeting the house owner a little after 2 to make my payment. Once I pay him, it looks like I will almost be maxed out on the credit card. I have a pay check for 160 going into my account today as well. Having my first two months paid is going to feel so good man.

Ok, now onto that resume. I don't have access to my current resume, and remembering what years I worked where is proving difficult. I think I am just going to put the most recent positions on it. No need to fill up pages with fluff no-one cares about.

Thanks again everyone, you have no idea what this all means to me. Especially you, Soultron.

Edit: Found an old resume. Should make this easy. I will print it here at the college. Holy shit at the donations.

soultron

Banned
Dude, it's all good. I'll help you out with what I can. What's your shoe size? I've got a few pairs of barely worn shoes that you can grab, stuff like that. We'll talk about it today. I've got clothes for you too, if you're in need and we're about the same size.

Don't worry about money right now. GAF has put together $672 for you thus far!

EDIT: Scratch that 700.

Fantasmo

Good luck and warmest wishes to you HJ. Forget the things that don't matter and those that don't appreciate you. Get that degree and go kick some ass!

Soultron, good on you, the world needs more people like you.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
God damn this thread is beautiful. Even Hollywood couldn't write shit this heartwarming.

Good luck HJ and Soultron. I only hope that someday I could do something nice for someone like this.

zero_suit

soultron said:
Dude, it's all good. I'll help you out with what I can. What's your shoe size? I've got a few pairs of barely worn shoes that you can grab, stuff like that. We'll talk about it today. I've got clothes for you too, if you're in need and we're about the same size.

Don't worry about money right now. GAF has put together $672 for you thus far!

EDIT: Scratch that 700.

$700? Jesus.

I would have never expected that much (in less than a day). GAF has some very generous people.:D

JSnake

Hey HJ. I know it isn't much but I donated $6 to your cause. I'm gonna add you to my church's prayer list though and I'll pray for you every night. You're gonna make it, man. :)

yuna55

soultron said:
Gary Whitta for the script or NO DEAL!!

Okay, I copypasta'd the same message to everyone with the email in it. Hopefully you guys all got it!

EDIT: beaten.
:lol I was thinking about all this on my way to work today and totally thought about Gary writing a screenplay.

Also if Hurricane wouldn't accept the donations, he could "work" for it by way of GAF searching his post history and paying for truly entertaining posts throughout the years.

This thread makes me glad I joined GAF.

HJ--you're a champ and things are already turning up for you. Best of luck, man.

Soultron--you're an official hero.

Team Donation--holy crap awesome.

JSnake said:
Hey HJ. I know it isn't much but I donated $6 to your cause. I'm gonna add you to my church's prayer list though and I'll pray for you every night. You're gonna make it, man. :)

You covered the shirt on my back. Thank you.

Edit: If people want they can call me William. It is one of my middle names, and still keeps me semi-anon, even though I am pretty sure I am the only HJ out there :p

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
i really need to set up a paypal

JSnake said:

wait. is the preist actually going to go through the names and say hurricane jesus?

JSnake

-COOLIO- said:

wait. is the preist actually going to go through the names and say hurricane jesus?

That would be funny, but no. :lol

I'm just gonna put something like "an internet friend in a time of need."

EDIT: Or William.

yuna55

-COOLIO- said:

:lol At a church, they might think Jesus's coming back again.

Movie title: Hurricane Jesus - The Other Ressurection

with lots of fire and explosions

KTallguy

Banned
Losing the support and love of your family is a horrible thing, something I could never truly understand.
I hope and pray that you get back on your feet, HJ.
Good luck.

DeathNote said:
It would be 758 CAD

If you look at the PayPal screens it's already in Canadian dollars....so whatever soultron is telling us it's in CAD already :lol

Unless this 758 is some update that I'm missing...

This shit is tearing me up hard. It's great seeing true human kindness throughout this board. I think their will still be enough time to get enough donations for a small car like i said :lol .

I have a pretty good idea what you're going through HJ, as I've been on the precipice of almost the exact same situation for about a year now. Luckily every time I've been threatened to be kicked out everything cools down. Get back on your feet and kick the world right in the ass.

And someday when you are Supreme Engineer Overlord of Canada, remember us; and spare our lives.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ultim8p00 said:
It's 758.80 CAD
Yes, 700 USD would be 758 CAD but the screen shot shows 700 CAD which is 645.988 USD.

dietertong said:
If you look at the PayPal screens it's already in Canadian dollars....so whatever soultron is telling us it's in CAD already :lol

Unless this 758 is some update that I'm missing...
I'm saying 700 USD would be 758 CAD, despite the fact the total is 645 USD.

Wow, this is the most inspiring thread I'd ever read. I don't have any money to donate, but we're rooting for you down in Texas, HurricaneJesus!

soultron

Banned
ppDONATIONS-10.jpg

This is awesome. I am glad to see the idea of donating money went from being suggested *cough*, to frowned upon, to kicking serious ass. $700, that is amazing GAF. I really want to see some photos of all the happenings though, like HJ all gussied up before his interview etc. Give the ppl their sit-com damn it!

soultron

Banned
You guys are too fast for me!

$750!

EDIT: If HJ approves, there will be many pictures. I'll try to do some youtube stuff if I can do that. (Does a BB curve let you upload its regular video format to youtube?)

Dizzy-4U

This is the best thread I've ever read in any forum ever!. I'll check my credit to see if I can donate some. Faith in humanity restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom