• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes August 11th

Mory Dunz

~540 for NA

~600 for Japan

So Europe's doing around a similar amount? Probably a bit less considering ROTW but still.
Surprising.

Mrbob

I'd have to say oversight or ignorance. Leaning towards the latter. Can't think of a logical reason not to aside from either supply constraints or underestimation of MGS's North American popularity. The lack of a plain-Jane console bundle is baffling as well.

Can't take away shine from the Destiny bundle. It's a more important game for selling hardware. Sony paid a ton for a Destiny partnership.

~540 for NA

~600 for Japan

So Europe's doing around a similar amount? Probably a bit less considering ROTW but still.
Surprising.

No way, remember this breakdown for the 1 million announcement?

That figure includes more than 476,000 physical and digital units sold in the Americas, more than 368,000 sold in Japan, more than 230,000 sold in Europe and an additional 20,000 sold in Australia and New Zealand.

while Japan is operating on its own little island (after all it's the only place where it's actually moving hardware), Europe and Aus/NZ are not going to deviate that much from the Americas

(your NA number is also too low)

Welfare

Actually a legit question. Did the 3DS do 153k or 155k during February 2014? I have 153k but the prediction archive has ~155k.

155k would be <108k

Elios83

Does Sony have exclusive marketing rights to MGSV? Obviously there's the themed console in Europe, but is there an agreement in place akin to the Destiny deal?

Yes. They have the exclusive marketing rights.
It's a bit weird that the MGSV special bundle hasn't been announced for the US market.
Maybe they have simply decided to focus on Destiny which did really well for them last year but I'm sure they remember how well the MGS4 bundle did for PS3 in NA so I don't get what SCEA is doing in this case. They could have done both the bundles.
Maybe there are other issues related to their unprecedented partnership with Activision? I dunno.
Anyway in Europe there will be also normal PS4 MGSV bundles.

Actually a legit question. Did the 3DS do 153k or 155k during February 2014? I have 153k but the prediction archive has ~155k.

155k would be <108k

prediction archive tends to round to nearest 5k regardless of accuracy, unless exact figures are given

Chobel

iYmHXKF.png

https://twitter.com/JeffGrubb/status/631947666725834752

That makes it 189K for Xbox One (Thanks Zhuge)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Since One grew 44% and CosmicQueso talked about "moderate" YoY growth, I suppose something has to compensate by decreasing from July 2014.

Poor Wii U

Ascenion

Can't take away shine from the Destiny bundle. It's a more important game for selling hardware. Sony paid a ton for a Destiny partnership.

Is it though? I feel like most people that wanted a PS4 for Destiny likely already bought one during the previous bundle-tho , I could be wrong but I feel MGSV would be the stronger system seller at this current point in time.

Top Bottom