• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes August 11th

Loudninja

Yup. Definitely see Sony pushing forward with a Black Ops 3 bundle AND Battlefront bundle. They would be stupid not too. Not to mention I'm sure they'll bundle other games with the base system itself this holiday.

To me at least it's looking less likely that Sony will drop the price this Holiday. At the end of the day they aren't worried about losing a few months on NPD if they are hitting their numbers and meeting their bottom line.
Yep guess we see in the coming months.

Shenmue

Banned
If this was a decade ago I might have agreed, but in 2015 we live in a world where E3 has millions and millions of viewers who tend to make their purchasing decisions based on what they see.

I have to admit I haven't paid super close attention to console sales the couple months directly after big press shows like E3, but is there precedent for console sales getting a noticeable uptick after a show?

I don't think MS will win the holidays this year unless they drop the price again. It's not impossible but CoD and BF are going to move a lot of systems for Sony.
Those are usually the games that sell religiously during that time, the mp games.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same. These are the console movers nowadays, not the exclusives.

even after E3 MS cant win with anything they showed....smh Sony will drop the price to the ps4 $50-$100 MS wont be able to rely on Nov and Dec anymore. its a wrap

I don't think MS will win the holidays this year unless they drop the price again. It's not impossible but CoD and BF are going to move a lot of systems for Sony.
Those are usually the games that sell religiously during that time, the mp games.

Ms will win oct. Also win Nov with better BF deals. Dec toss up. Overall I can't see the trend staying with all the big time exclusives hitting Xbox. They have too much, Sony has too little imo.

Chris1

MS isn't losing the holidays, no way. they will do whatever it takes to win Oct, Nov and Dec. They care way too much to even risk losing it, they'll win big again on all 3 months IMO.

Ōkami

LEGO Jurassic World sold more on WiiU than on PS4, wasn't the WiiU version released later? Even so for a third party game to sell more on WiiU than on anything else is crazy.

NateDrake

Since it was on the bottom of the last page:

Software

Lego: Jurassic World (360, 3DS, PS3, Xbox One, Wii U, PS4, Vita)
Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
Minecraft (360, PS3 ,Xbox One, PS4)
Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
Rory Mcilroy PGA Tour (PS4, Xbox One)
The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited (Xbox One, PS4, PC)
Destiny (Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3)
Mortal Kombat X (PS4, Xbox One)
FIFA 15 (PS4, 360, Xbox One, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)

Vena

Since it was on the bottom of the last page:

Software

Splatoon is dead, we had a good run. :p

Chobel

Software

Lack of God of War is no surprise. I doubt many knew it even released.

Family friendly titles continues to do better on XBO than PS4.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
“After 21 months, combined Xbox One and PS4 hardware unit sales are close to 50 percent higher than the combined sales of Xbox 360 and PS3 after 21 months on the market,” said Callahan

Math time, everyone!

Ōkami;175333596 said:
LEGO Jurassic World sold more on WiiU than on PS4, wasn't the WiiU version released later? Even so for a third party game to sell more on WiiU than on anything else is crazy.

Lego Jurassic World came out last month. The PS4 sold more then. No idea about LTD though.

Software

Lego on top???

Majmun

Software

Hard to battle against all those multiplatform games...

I have to admit I haven't paid super close attention to console sales the couple months directly after big press shows like E3, but is there precedent for console sales getting a noticeable uptick after a show?

Not a notable jump, but the Xbox One was the highest selling console in America during the week of this years E3.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Yup. Definitely see Sony pushing forward with a Black Ops 3 bundle AND Battlefront bundle. They would be stupid not too. Not to mention I'm sure they'll bundle other games with the base system itself this holiday.

To me at least it's looking less likely that Sony will drop the price this Holiday. At the end of the day they aren't worried about losing a few months on NPD if they are hitting their numbers and meeting their bottom line.

This. People need to stop thinking Sony are like forum users.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.
This as I pointed out before doesn't explain the lack of a simple pack in bundle. They could at least pack it in with the new 12--A models or use it to introduce the 1TB console. They are literally giving up console sales imo. I'm positive it would move consoles.

Yeah, I was talking about the limited one. I have no clue why they aren't offering a simple bundle.

When was the last time Sony offered a simple bundle with a game, without having the same game on a limited one?

It's a wrap? Ms will win August and holidays imo. It's a wrap

when i said its a wrap i meant that MS will never catch up to sony.

MS could win Nov and Dec again this year, and i wouldn't even matter, they still wouldn't even be close to catching sony.

But there would be a Price drop, I don't think MS will be able to win with that, Im sure sony wont make the same mistake "stay at 400" price during those months, this year.

MS could win Nov and Dec again this year, and i wouldn't even matter, they still wouldn't even be close to catching sony.

But there would be a Price drop, I don't think MS will be able to win with that, Im sure sony wont make the same mistake "stay at 400" price during those months, this year.

You never know with this industry, some of the crazy shit that has happened over the years still blow my mind.

The Xbone may not catch up to the PS4, but never say never.

Pro-tip - It doesn't matter.

Xbox 360 passed the Wii and no one noticed or cared.

There's still time for you to break the bonds of console warzfare and take a higher road. Evaluate the market, see what's happening across all the manufacturers and publishers, try to figure out what that means for the hobby you love and even beyond that. See the trends, watch how marketing and pricing strategies change to try to influence sales.

You can do this. I believe in you.

Toki767

You never know with this industry, some of the crazy shit that has happened over the years still blow my mind.

The Xbone may not catch up to the PS4, but never say never.

In the US they could certainly catch up with another aggressive price drop. Worldwide it'll never happen.

The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect. GAF has a tendency to remember.

The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect. GAF has a tendency to remember.

^Gotta agree to that.

I always get a good chuckle when a user brings up the GAF user posts saying how the PSP was gonna destroy the DS.

This forum never forgets.

Top Bottom