• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Level-5 Announced Decapolice for PS5/PS4/Switch, coming 2023

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I'm intrigued, some of its tech kind of reminds me of ID: Invaded.
A22509-1369593256.1570139919.jpg

But I dont think its going dark as that show.

Kataploom

One of the many things that interested me, having just played Persona 5 Royal till yesterday (still on extra chapter but I'm taking a little break for Plague Tale Requiem), this is just more of what I want!

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Really don't like the characters art style (or maybe just the main characters' faces) but the rest/overall it looks swell.

Last edited:

NanaMiku

Wish we got a game using Psycho-Pass's universe, besides that shitty visual novel 💀
Yeah, it's really hard for games from anime to be bigger. But recently we got some big anime games like Made in Abyss or SAO. Hopefully someday they'll revisit Psycho-Pass.

Level 5 has equity with me so I'm interested.

Any word on PC? PS5 it will likely be.

Forgot to post the official site: https://www.decapolice.jp/en/
Hopefully someday, there are still no Level-5 on PC, right?

Really don't like the characters art style (or maybe just the main characters' faces) but the rest/overall it looks swell.
I think it's because Level-5 currently focused on children market, that's why all of their games are designed like that

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Yeah, it's really hard for games from anime to be bigger. But recently we got some big anime games like Made in Abyss or SAO. Hopefully someday they'll revisit Psycho-Pass.

Forgot to post the official site: https://www.decapolice.jp/en/
Hopefully someday, there are still no Level-5 on PC, right?

I think it's because Level-5 currently focused on children market, that's why all of their games are designed like that
Ni no Kuni 1 and 2 are on Steam.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
It’s a Level 5 game, so it’s gonna have like 10 gameplay systems that all superficially seem interesting but it’ll be so easy that none of them matter

Last edited:

Pejo

Game systems and gameplay look pretty alright, but god damn those are some awful character designs.

It's like if they digitized Bratz dolls then removed 2000 polygons.

Why not just stick regular anime designs?

Croga

Gameplay looks nice! Not sold on those character designs yet, something about their faces just aggrevates me lol, it's a strange style.

Level-5 as devs though makes me always have mixed feelings.

Please make the battles somewhat difficult. It's insane to think these are the same devs that made DQ8 / Jean D'Arc back in the day, considering how piss easy all their recent games are.

Like the premise, like the colorful visuals... these are what Level 5 usually accel at though... their stories and gameplay often leaves something to be desired.

SlimeGooGoo

Party Gooper
The character design kinda annoys me.
"Here's the genius brat that tries too hard to act cool while solving mysteries!"
"Here's the hacker that obviously *must* be a fat teenager living in a dark room with an evil grin!"

And so on...

Anyway, at first I thought it was an adventure game, but it turns out it's an JRPG.
Not sure how I feel about that.

EDMIX

This part really reminded me of ID: Invaded.
KSWkyPv.png

ID%20Invaded%20-%2008%20-%20Large%2009.jpg

Its seems just like the show they also you to virtual reality in order solve crime.

lol thats like the most generic sci fi thing.

Hopefully it doesn't fall under the normal tropes.

I want to be surprised.

So far, not a day 1 and 100% not at full price.

EDMIX

Seems a lot of people are thirsty for turn-based JRPGs. Could be a comeback.

I heard that before lol

Doubt.

It will have an audience, but it I worry about its future. I like different personally, but the gaming community seems to push back deep on different lol

SlimeGooGoo SlimeGooGoo I'm surprised Ni No Kuni 3 isn't an insta reveal lol Maybe they have it being worked on as well or something.

Last edited:
Top Bottom