• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liars of the Night: DS Horror from Sadness High School Art Club (Scam Exposed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesusraz

So, despite what many think about Nibris, the team is busy on several projects, one of them being a new game devised from the creative team that came up with the Sadness idea. This time it's a DS exclusive called 'The Children of the Night':

http://www.cubed3.com/news/8310/

- 3rd-Person horror game
- In full colour
- Exclusively for DS
- Includes a deep screenplay-style of writing
- From the creative team behind 'Sadness' for Wii.

EDIT: Interview here - http://www.cubed3.com/news/8312/

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
They might wanna, you know, finish a game first, before starting new stuff.

Aeris130

They should finish their time-machine first, so they can travel back to 2006 and release ROTR. And why is it always Cubed3 that serves the Nibris news?

I was ambivalent at first, but could we not have a ban on mention of Nibris until they actually release one of their many projects in development, or until there's some actual playable preview code?

Includes a deep screenplay-style of writing

What the hell does this even mean?

Linkhero1

Aeris130 said:
They should finish their time-machine first, so they can travel back to 2006 and release ROTR. And why is it always Cubed3 that serves the Nibris news?
because they're nibris :eek:

Supa

Hey guys me and my imaginary development team are also developing ten exclusive games in our minds, but we might finish one this generation!

Jacobi

Banned
From the people who brought you Sadness

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

It's also funny how they point put that they're using full color :lol :lol :lol

RSP

NinjaFromTheFuture said:
I still can't figure out who these guys are conning. Do they even have investors?

That's what I want to know, they live in poland so their employees probably make next to nothing.

However, I get the feeling that they are a group of friends operating on IRC and taking over the gaming world. But If you keep at it long enough, they're bound to get something out there.

impirius

nibris said:
Relax
"The children of the night" is already in concept stadium. Sadness creative team almost finish their work with Sadness and this is why they've just started new project.
Wii team work only on Sadness.
One of DS team will finish one of our project very soon ant then will start this game.
We already working only on: ROTR and Double Bloob (DS) and Sadness (Wii) and of course for "The children of the night" concept.
How can you doubt these guys when they have a whole concept stadium?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Cosmonaut X said:
I was ambivalent at first, but could we not have a ban on mention of Nibris until they actually release one of their many projects in development, or until there's some actual playable preview code?
there is...

either way, this confirms what i've heard earlier. Nibris, instead of continuing with FRONTLINE, they bought an already made graphics engine. considering what they want to do with it, i would expect they got ahold of the RE4/REUC engine and have been tweaking it according to their needs (dont forget that capcom said they would be selling those engines for use). i'm certain that there is still some work to be done on Sadness before it sees the light of day (though if theyr ahead of schedual, they might show off some stuff for sadness at LGC). just two months until e4all though, and thats when i've heard they're going to show off sadness stuff for sure.

E-phonk

Banned
doomed1 said:
Nibris, instead of continuing with FRONTLINE, they bought an already made graphics engine. considering what they want to do with it, i would expect they got ahold of the RE4/REUC engine and have been tweaking it according to their needs (dont forget that capcom said they would be selling those engines for use).
Do you really believe this crap? :lol

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
E-phonk said:
Do you really believe this crap? :lol
it was from a statement by digital amigos that we know that nibris got ahold of a premade engine for the game. we know DA exists, and DA confirms the existance of Nibris, what else do i need?

Cosmonaut X said:
Playable code doesn't equal suspect YouTube vid...
its from Cubed.

now teams are labelling themselves based on games that haven't even been picked up by a publisher?

neat!

before you start saying 'from the team that brought you' shouldn't...

well shouldn't that actually mean something?

jesusraz said:

From that preview:
What is on offer for the moment is literally the bare bones of what will appear in the final game, but already the progress being made on a daily basis is very impressive and bodes well for further down the development line. Loading up the game you are treated to the logos of Fresh Chicken Studio and Nibris, before the title screen pops up in all its bright and breezy glory.

Exclusive preview code, news and interviews...

how much are they paying, and how can I get in on this?

i should probly have a disclaimer about how i'm not seriously thinking you're getting paid off

Zenith

Banned
jesusraz said:
So, despite what many think about Nibris, the team is busy on several projects

No, it reinforces exactly what I think of them. How many projects are they claiming to work on now? And don't forget, some of them still have school in the morning!

- From the creative team behind 'Sadness' for Wii.

They act like that's supposed to be impressive.

its from Cubed.

Everything "is from Cubed". that's the only site that pretends Nibris still exists, and only because they use their forums as their own so they claim an inifinite number of "exclusives". they're no better than the HL2 modding teams that use the IGN forums.

E-phonk

Banned
doomed1 said:
it was from a statement by digital amigos
Digital amigos, who nibris claims will publish sadness even though they arent a publisher?
Madness!

Zenith said:
They act like that's supposed to be impressive.
Reminds me of that scene where Ed Wood proposes several titles to Warner.

jrricky

Banned
Sadness is probably the game Matty boy was talking about when he said the game didnt have a publisher because of 'you know what'.

CamHostage

OK, to be a tinybit fair to Nibris... the state of independent development is really rough on companies right now, as publishers are having to be incredibly tight with their money and careful about what to fund. If you're not a known developers or not working with a license, you're in a bad spot. You can dream as big as you want, but unless you're independently funded and can get a project up for a deal meeting, you'll struggle to make any money. In the case of a company that comes up with a huge, high-concept "dream job" project that they will die to finish, the fact that they love it doesn't mean that a publisher will buy it. So to survive, you kick up a smaller project or two or three to keep you going and also to get you some friends in the publishing world so that you can get a callback when your dream project is in some state of presentation. The puzzle and the shooter projects they have going, that's a smart move.

That said, Nibris saying its game would be at E3 and hyping the game up as something special when all they've had so far (depending on who you talk to) is concept art, that dooms the company without remorse in my eyes. Raid Over The River looked decent in the video, and that Bloops game was whatever, so I'll give them credit if and when they ship something, but I also could care less if they disbanded tomorrow and the world never saw Sadness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom