• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Liars of the Night: DS Horror from Sadness High School Art Club (Scam Exposed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDSN

Banned
He fired the PR guy, thats explains why the president is refering to the studio like its been run by a single person.

Some really bored Polish person should give the local EU program office (in whatever city nibris is based in) a call and inquire about AAA game developer nibris. I'm genuinely curious to find out if the company is receiving grants from one or more EU programs, and if said program require visible evidence of progress and growth for continued support

cilonen

OliveJuice said:
What the hell happened in this thread?!?!

In short:

61a716604d5c5b173b26768d9523f5d5.jpg

Absolute classic!

Aeris130

So, people across the community pretty much doubts the very existance of Nibris, and this is what gets the PR guy fired?

Jme

Aeris130 said:
So, people across the community pretty much doubts the very existance of Nibris, and this is what gets the PR guy fired?

In connection with this, we inform you that the person responsible for this situation will be no longer in charge of Nibris PR actions.

Does not say they were fired - probably still works there, just the other guy is doing the PR related stuff now.

Tremis

This man does his research.
come on guys, these memes aint gonna shop themselves are they? still waiting for some INFORMATION CHAOS and ONE BIG SHIT gifs. :D

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
JDSN said:
He fired the PR guy, thats explains why the president is referring to the studio because its been run by a single person.

Fixed.

My word this thread exploded, I never expected to see it again, at least Nibris is making a name for its himself. :lol

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
So... wait. If Nibris are so pissy over having their supposed "non-public exclusive work" being published on the site, how come they took over a fortnight to notice it? Surely their Cubed3 forum scout chap would've noticed by now...

Talk about digging themselves into even further a hole.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Let me take advantage of this thread to announce my next game: Welcome Home, a horror adventure set into an hospital infested by creepy monsters and bald space marines. Here's some promotional artworks:
Pyramid_Head_v3_0_Final_by_Jocchan.jpg

Moebius_the_Sorcerer_by_Jocchan.jpg

23760c85bba88dcaa8a96546cb08659b.jpg

If they don't look related to the game, it's because they're for internal use only.
Don't make information chaos, please.

acuul

Jocchan said:
Let me take advantage of this thread to announce my next game: Welcome Home, a horror adventure set into an hospital infested by creepy monsters and bald space marines. Here's some promotional artworks:

-Mac Gyver awesome img-

If they don't look related to the game, it's because they're for internal use only.
Don't make information chaos, please.

oh god :lol

AltogetherAndrews said:
Let's be fair here, it's a fansite. I agree to a point, but that's mostly because I'm sick of the equal opportunity "benefit" of internet publishing that has become a negative in terms of smaller sites (that despite being fansites present themselves as professional news bureaus) being potentially as visible as larger, dedicated news sites. In this case, however, I do think it's a tad unrealistic to expect the same level of journalistic integrity as one would from larger sites. And hell, even those sites operate with a certain fansite quality that allows them to from time to time to relax their standards a bit. So yeah, I'll go easy on Cubed3, and push most of the blame in direction of Nibris.

But they present themselves as being a news site. No, I don't think we should expect perfection, but when you're talking about exclusives and interviewing industry professionals (as they've done with real folks, i.e. not-Nibris), then there is some similar level of professionalism that should be present in the work. This is NOT the first shady thing they've shown from Nibris, either; let's not forget the game footage video that showed off pirated games on a flash cart. Cubed seems more interested in getting diggs, traffic, and "exclusives" than in checking to make sure anything is legitimate, truthful, or even newsworthy, and in fact shows little to know journalistic responsibility. Even the guy here was just NOT MY FAULT, I'LL THROW UP MY HANDS, which is really not the best response one could give in such a situation. Take some responsibility for the content on your site.

just my pesos.

Zenith

Banned
SovanJedi said:
So... wait. If Nibris are so pissy over having their supposed "non-public exclusive work" being published on the site, how come they took over a fortnight to notice it? Surely their Cubed3 forum scout chap would've noticed by now...

more and more holes in this story.

I remember seeing some people argue that Sadness must be real based on those rinky dinky little DS games. Really now, and this is in no way a slam against developers of handheld games, but can you really make that argument with a straight face, that what looked like a fucking 1942 rip-off and now this Bloob crap is indicative of a studio's ability to design something as ambitious as they claim that Sadness is?

EU program financing scam, nothing more.

edit: what the hell is an apps menu?

Raist

Banned
AltogetherAndrews said:
that what looked like a fucking 1942 rip-off and now this Bloob crap is indicative of a studio's ability to design something as ambitious as they claim that Sadness is?

They have a 1942 rip off, they have a puzzle bobble rip off, they have a Pang rip off... so sadness could be a complete silent hill rip off, I guess :lol

edit: what the hell is an apps menu?

goofy_pirate.jpg

Phthisis

ggnoobIGN said:
Can we get a recap on what has happened here?

"New" concept art for a "new" DS horror game surface from Cubed3, saying they're from a new Nibris game.

Sleuthful GAF agents discover the art is actually cropped or otherwise modified works of a Polish artist (one of the pictures was in fact a Silent Hill fan work)

Polish poster Borys sends message to artist telling him Nibris is ripping off his work. At the same time, Cubed3 sends Nibris an email asking for clarification.

Artist tells Borys that he was comissioned (for free or pay is unknown) by Nibris to do some concept art for one of their games. But some of the pictures Nibris took from this artist's deviant art page were not part of the work he was requested to do.

Nibris responds to Cubed3 that the images they sent out should not have been shown to the public and were for internal use only. Cubed3 says "lol whoops; but everything is okay. Code green." Meanwhile, Nibris' PR person was allegedly relieved of their duties.

Coincidentally, Nibris discovered today that a "bug" in their email system has prevented any media contact requests from getting through to them since May. Now that the problem has been resolved, they're requesting that media re-send some of their requests.

GAF = :lol

The end. Or is it?

Someone sure looks like they're in the pirate hat, but since all those videos came from Cubed3 (where they are in the pocket of Nibris), it could just be that they're the ones yarring it up with downloaded games. Someone is, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom