• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Los Angeles Korean BBQ Meetup |OT| of AYCE Bulgogi (Feb. 4)

Iceman

Sir IN and OUT IS AMAZING!

just had some last night. #1 double double animal style. Always hits the spot for me. Friend is in from out of town; In N Out just always seems to happen when somebody is visiting.

Have to remember to print out a list before I leave tonight (midnight maybe?)

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
just had some last night. #1 double double animal style. Always hits the spot for me. Friend is in from out of town; In N Out just always seems to happen when somebody is visiting.

Have to remember to print out a list before I leave tonight (midnight maybe?)

you still haven't added me! :(

I'm gonna try to make it though

d0c_zaius

LA really is a shit hole! It has it's parts, but as a whole it is a hole. San Francisco is a real city.

I live in Santa Barbara.

You could say the exact same thing about Santa Barbara, and San Francisco especially. It's really only sterotypes that separate SF/LA, but as someone whos spent time at both, they both have some shitty areas.

Isla Vista is probably the most disgusting zone on the earth, and Santa B is tainted just by its existence.

Oops thought this was the LA topic.

Puddles

Banned
Isla Vista is probably the most disgusting zone on the earth, and Santa B is tainted just by its existence.

1063.gif

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Tried some in n out burger just now. You have some splaining to do, LA GAF!
It's overrated, but still decent.
Not my first time in LA, but my first time in LA as a wanderer.

It never seemed like the kind of place to do such a thing, so sprawly and car-centric. I like getting a feel for cities by walking them, but that seems a world away from plausible here.
Yeah I don't care for much of the stuff here tbh.

See you there if I make it. Not much dropped since Blizzcon, but I'm on Keto. Rice + meatmeatmeat is my cheatday!

Iztli

I'm gonna crash this get together and bring all my drunk/baked cholo friends/family

jk :p I could though >:p

I have a week to figure that out! Or go insane from the traffic.

This 405 road... 14 lanes aren't nearly enough.

QRDv2.jpg

Edit: tbh you probably don't have to get on the 405 that often to see a lot of things here. Unless you're in Westside, then it may be a different story.

I have a week to figure that out! Or go insane from the traffic.

This 405 road... 14 lanes aren't nearly enough.

yeah, no amount of lanes will ever be enough for the 405.

i've got a list of neat things to do/see that's about a mile long if you're in need of suggestions.

UrokeJoe

For the record I hope everyone has a great time.

That and my intention wasn't to tout Santa Barbara, just to show I'm near enough to LA to know I don't like it much.

I'm afraid that I can be marked off the list for people attending :/ I've been booked for a gig in downtown.

However, if a friendly gaffer would be willing to PM me their #, I'd like to text them after I finish working and see if any gaffers are still congregating somewhere. Thanks in advance :)

ZiZ

yeah, no amount of lanes will ever be enough for the 405.

i've got a list of neat things to do/see that's about a mile long if you're in need of suggestions.

can I get a copy of that list too? I haven't been in LA that long and I've still got a lot to discover.

can I get a copy of that list too? I haven't been in LA that long and I've still got a lot to discover.

of course! here's a couple things off the top of my head:

Museum of Jurassic Technology

Paradise Cove (adjacent)*

Mishe Mokwa Trail

First Fridays at The Natural History Museum

Aero Theatre (and it's events. met Werner Herzog here after a screening of Fitzcarraldo!)

The Huntington Library (great for picnics and dates)

The Donut Man (i will fight you)

*Pay to park at paradise cove, head to the beach, and follow the bluff north about a 1/4 mile and enjoy the paradise cove community beach: clean, excellent surf for kayaking, you can bring alcohol, and make a bonfire at night.

Iceman

you still haven't added me! :(

I'm gonna try to make it though

putting you on the list.. the graffiti wall will have to stay as is until after the event. Way too busy this week/end.

see everyone a few minutes before 6pm.. right? At Moo Dae Po II (the SEQUEL). I'll have a list (bright legal pad yellow), HP_Wuvcraft, a beard, and a pretty smooth looking black hat.

Iceman

FYI. What MIGHT end up happening is that the first group of people that arrive by 6pm will get seated, and the stragglers may have to sit altogether at a separate table. NOT SAYING THIS WILL HAPPEN. Just be ready for the possibility of being split into two camps: The on timers, and the normal people.

I'll be coordinating this sucker, so if someone has to wait for people outside it'll be me. But if anyone's definitely going to be late, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks guys. See you soon... with all that cash in your hands.

Top Bottom