• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manshion (Menswear and Mens Fashion) Thread |OT| Fashion Fades; Style is Eternal

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaskade

I'm watching Only God Forgives and Gosling is sporting a slutty tshirt. Still need to get me one.

5ptpp3r.jpg

Well I bought a Zegna suit today. It was about $500 off the usual price so I decided to go for it, still remarkably expensive of course. Oh well, if I get evicted at least I'll be the best dressed homeless guy in Seattle.

Also goddamn at the women at Nordstrom. Whoever does the hiring over there def knows what they're doing.

Well I bought a Zegna suit today. It was about $500 off the usual price so I decided to go for it, still remarkably expensive of course. Oh well, if I get evicted at least I'll be the best dressed homeless guy in Seattle.

Also goddamn at the women at Nordstrom. Whoever does the hiring over there def knows what they're doing.

Is it possible they bamboozled you into buying the suit through their good looks and young taut bodies?

Rookje

Jesus, Zegna? Next level.

Pics!

Z Zegna or mainline Zegna? Either way, nice suit.

• sorry IceCold I know diddly about sunglasses. Style-wise, keyholes are the new hotness. Retrosuperfuture makes polarized shades, fwiw.

• $500 of zzegna is about $600 or so, so I'm assuming mainline since we're talking 'incredibly expensive'. $600 is only a couple of hip hop shirts, after all.

Nice, Zegna is the king since they make the fabric everyone else uses, besides Loro Piana. I have a custom suit by the latter, but Z is definitely the best (mainline at least.)

When I worked at Nordstrom the HR was, well, almost illegally selective with their hiring practices, as are every luxury brand that's customer-facing.

I've always wanted to work at a boutique because of all the free stuff. I know Saint Laurent gives you like ten free items of your choosing every season.

I worked retail. Wasn't that fun. There's more chances that someone will be full of shit. Apparently I have a punch-able face. Who the fuck tells someone that..

You look sharp.
Thank you sir. Looking at these photos makes me cringe though. Those sunnies are TERRIBLE.

How diversified are your guys' shoe collections? These are the twelve pairs of shoes that I own. (The tan brown suede shoes are in that condition thanks to alcohol. I hardly wear them anymore unless more alcohol will be invovled). Favourite pair of shoes are probably the two newest pairs; the red DC's (Top row) and grey Lyle & Scott.

Boken

Banned
I think your hair suits you fine don't obsess about that. and stop cringing at your own photos
hey y u got to be so nice
Thank you sir. Looking at these photos makes me cringe though. Those sunnies are TERRIBLE.

How diversified are your guys' shoe collections? These are the twelve pairs of shoes that I own. (The tan brown suede shoes are in that condition thanks to alcohol. I hardly wear them anymore unless more alcohol will be invovled). Favourite pair of shoes are probably the two newest pairs; the red DC's (Top row) and grey Lyle & Scott.
wow i should get more shoes

Z Zegna or mainline Zegna? Either way, nice suit.

• sorry IceCold I know diddly about sunglasses. Style-wise, keyholes are the new hotness. Retrosuperfuture makes polarized shades, fwiw.

• $500 of zzegna is about $600 or so, so I'm assuming mainline since we're talking 'incredibly expensive'. $600 is only a couple of hip hop shirts, after all.

Nice, Zegna is the king since they make the fabric everyone else uses, besides Loro Piana. I have a custom suit by the latter, but Z is definitely the best (mainline at least.)

When I worked at Nordstrom the HR was, well, almost illegally selective with their hiring practices, as are every luxury brand that's customer-facing.
It's Z Zegna, no way I could spring for mainline. The suit was $900 discounted from $1400. I don't think mainline goes on sale, ever.

It means you can get away with more than an ugly fat person like me
Subjectivity, friend. Nobody needs to compliment you for anything. I feel I'm unattractive in my own eyes, so do a lot of people. Often the most attractive people aren't happy at all. Would you rather be unattractive and happy or attractive and living a shit life. Pull your socks up, friend. You're attractive.

I couldn't pull this off? I'd look ridiculous? At least I think I would. For now, I'm going to try for a conservative comb-over look with faded sides. That's what my hair used to look like before it grew out.

Male models can pull it off, you likely can't, go with your gut

Not trying to be harsh, but all too often I see people getting clothes or haircuts that just don't flatter them in the slightest because someone in a picture who is naturally attractive to begin with looks good in it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom