• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

deafmedal

Hey, me too but... I see it being a likely scenario at this point.

Kandros: "APEX go to *new map* and find leads on the Quarian Ark..."
New in the store: Quarian Infiltraitor and Reegar Carbine, buy packs today to unlock!

Fuck me, this is how they are going to do it, isn't it 0_o
plz no, plz

prag16

Banned
New in the store: Quarian Infiltraitor and Reegar Carbine, buy packs today to unlock!

plz no, plz

Son of a bitch. I hadn't even thought of that.

But yeah. It's a real possibility. -_-

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just started playing ME:A this week and while I can understand where the complaints are coming from, I'm really enjoying the game. The combat is easily best in the series (and better than most 3rd person shooters IMO), and the main story missions are fun and interesting. I find myself ignoring most of the side quests because they're super shallow and boring, especially coming off 200 hours of Witcher 3 + Hearts of Stone + Blood & Wine.

I think that's the way to play this game honestly: stick to the main story quests and only do side quests if you find them interesting. I can easily see someone getting completely burned out trying to 100% this game.

plz no, plz

If a possible Quarian Ark DLC was in development before the team got restructured, then there's still a slim chance. Unfortunately, an APEX mission does seem to be the mostly to happen.

Gator86

Enjoying the game about 20 hours in, but the endless bugs are starting to kill it for me. It's just a constant stream of broken shit, little glitches, and common bugs. How the hell did people play this at launch? I'm reloading saves every 15 minutes to fix bugs where I can't interact with NPCs and such.

I'm less offended by the writing and generally don't mind bad open-world design, but the overwhelming lack of polish is still stunning even knowing what this game was coming in.

Rodhull

Enjoying the game about 20 hours in, but the endless bugs are starting to kill it for me. It's just a constant stream of broken shit, little glitches, and common bugs. How the hell did people play this at launch? I'm reloading saves every 15 minutes to fix bugs where I can't interact with NPCs and such.

I'm less offended by the writing and generally don't mind bad open-world design, but the overwhelming lack of polish is still stunning even knowing what this game was coming in.

Sounds like you've been unlucky. I encountered plenty of bugs but don't think I had to reload more than 2 or 3 times across two playthroughs on PS4.

Have you downloaded any of the patches?

Madness

I wouldn't be surprised if the Quarian ark was APex missions.

Pretty much. The Apex stuff was designed before launch. Which is why they have Kandros voice actor already have the lines recorded. I can see the plan started before launch, introduce it through the campaign, and then tease during Apex for the DLC. But the lackluster sales, heavy patching and then the gut of the studio means nothing coming. Mass Effect is effectively dead. Whatever Apex content left and whatever comes in the next 1 or 2 patches is all there is.

Those goals likely got cut at the knees once they saw their sales projections a month out.
My fear as well, but I wish they would at least bloody say so then. I have been waiting for the promised character creator updates to restart my game, but that's seemingly turned into an indefinite delay -- or it could arrive tomorrow, who knows. Communication is key.

RedRum

Banned
Has anyone done a single player mission where it fucking tells you there is an enemy left but there's nothing? There's a red enemy dot but it seems like it is nowhere? Game won't fucking progress and this is a boss match.

_woLf

I always had a bad feeling about this game, but I didn't think it'd be this bad.

It's almost Master Chief Collection level of implosion.

prag16

Banned
I always had a bad feeling about this game, but I didn't think it'd be this bad.

It's almost Master Chief Collection level of implosion.
Nah it's in a better state after the patches. If it launched in this state there wouldn't have been anywhere near the uproar. (And the original state was largely exaggerated as it was.)

Kind of sad we never got the improvements to male romance options for Scott like Bioware said. Since it's Pride month, it would be a perfect time to get them now. :/

prag16

Banned
Kind of sad we never got the improvements to male romance options for Scott like Bioware said. Since it's Pride month, it would be a perfect time to get them now. :/
They said all along it was a two month patching strategy. We're right around that two month mark now (or this week). Expect one more patch soon. Might include the remainder of what they talked about in April.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

We're still waiting for the june patch though and the month has just begun... I think it's too early to say they haven't delivered on their promise. If we still got nothing after July, then, yeah...

Patryn

Has anyone done a single player mission where it fucking tells you there is an enemy left but there's nothing? There's a red enemy dot but it seems like it is nowhere? Game won't fucking progress and this is a boss match.

Odds are that the enemy was knocked out of bounds, unfortunately. Happened to me at one point. Had to reload my last save.

We're still waiting for the june patch though and the month has just begun... I think it's too early to say they haven't delivered on their promise. If we still got nothing after July, then, yeah...
Why July? They said their strategy would take two months, which would be this week. I doubt their going to release anything once July rolls around​.

Renekton

Likely next week for Patch. I got a big new GPU ready for it 😁

I don't expect to see Bioware in E3 this year, not until the fog clears.

Stiler

So I haven't played for a couple months, did they release the new character customization options and things yet?

Gator86

Have you downloaded any of the patches?

Every patch as of the current version on PS4.

I frequently have 3-4 characters talking​ at once so I can't tell what anyone is saying. Dialogue happens out of order so sometimes my character will comment on a door being open before I use a terminal to open it, making me wonder if the door is supposed to be open and the game bugged again or if the dialogue is just bugged. I've blinked out of a room through a wall, even though it wasn't within dashing range, then been locked out.

Undecided between just mainlining the rest of the main quest and sending it back to Gamefly or waiting for patch news this week.

Every patch as of the current version on PS4.

I frequently have 3-4 characters talking​ at once so I can't tell what anyone is saying. Dialogue happens out of order so sometimes my character will comment on a door being open before I use a terminal to open it, making me wonder if the door is supposed to be open and the game bugged again or if the dialogue is just bugged. I've blinked out of a room through a wall, even though it wasn't within dashing range, then been locked out.

Undecided between just mainlining the rest of the main quest and sending it back to Gamefly or waiting for patch news this week.
Oh, not having those issues after patches on PC... Just sometimes my squad mate will be too far away when they join a conversation so they sound faint.

Rodhull

Oh, God, he lost me at the irresponsible student analogy. What a stupid exaggeration.

Edit: also, for whatever it's worth, Michael Gamble tweeted earlier today that the patch is "coming along really well".

Yeah the idea that if they delivered the patch today it showed they cared but If it was released in say two weeks it was because they had given up and didn't give a fuck is pretty ridiculous.

It was the kind of logic/semi-rant you'd expect to see in YouTube comments, not someone that is seemingly trying to earn some kind of a living through patreon doing this.

Yeul

Basically, videos like that have a tendency to just devolve into "BioWare is an empty shell of itself" comments, which is exactly what it did. I mean, it's not just videos since just about every thread ends up going in the same direction, but it's whatever. It's not like whining about it not being out exactly two months to the day is going to make it get released.

Yeah the idea that if they delivered the patch today it showed they cared but If it was released in say two weeks it was because they had given up and didn't give a fuck is pretty ridiculous.

It was the kind of logic/semi-rant you'd expect to see in YouTube comments, not someone that is seemingly trying to earn some kind of a living through patreon doing this.
Right? Did anyone think when they said "over the next two months" they meant precisely two months? Come on, now...

of all things does anyone really want the fucking patch rushed?
Exactly. I want this patch as much as the next person, but I'd rather wait until it's ready.

diaspora

Right? Did anyone think when they said "over the next two months" they meant precisely two months? Come on, now...

Exactly. I want this patch as much as the next person, but I'd rather wait until it's ready.

Granted I'd like a complete design overhaul to kill all the backtracking to other planets, but that's a different sack of cats :p

Either way if the patch is large in scope and affects a wide array of systems in the game it's probably best that it's polished before release.

Currently working on a mod to up the range on sniper rifles (they're all set to a maximum effective range of 100, out of 2000 units). Need to find A) a spot where I can shoot some baddies to test it and B) figure out how to fix the range readout on the sniper scope - it's still limited to ~150m, when the new max effective range is a good 50+ meters (I think) past it.

Yeul

Currently working on a mod to up the range on sniper rifles (they're all set to a maximum effective range of 100, out of 2000 units). Need to find A) a spot where I can shoot some baddies to test it and B) figure out how to fix the range readout on the sniper scope - it's still limited to ~150m, when the new max effective range is a good 50+ meters (I think) past it.

Try going to Elaaden or something like that, there's a lot of random raiders spread around (a cluster of them near the initial area where you land) and you can stand on the top of a hill and snipe them as they are pretty far away.

Mediking

I've said a million times that I'm waiting for a character creator update before I jump in. Well... if that doesn't come then just another good patch. I'm actually very eager to play Andromeda on my PS4.

So.... I got a question....

How's... ahhh... the romance scenes....?

mbpm1

yeah, exactly two months would have been nice, but if it's released in like, the middle of this week the video becomes pointless.

If it's not done by the end of this month or communicated a reason for the delay then things become pretty real

Granted I'd like a complete design overhaul to kill all the backtracking to other planets, but that's a different sack of cats :p

Either way if the patch is large in scope and affects a wide array of systems in the game it's probably best that it's polished before release.
If we expect both the revamped M/M romance and character creator for this patch, then it's a pretty big scope for a patch, which is probably why they left these features for the last update.
I've said a million times that I'm waiting for a character creator update before I jump in. Well... if that doesn't come then just another good patch. I'm actually very eager to play Andromeda on my PS4.

So.... I got a question....

How's... ahhh... the romance scenes....?
It depends on the sexual orientation of your character...

Top Bottom