• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create 04-10 to 04-16

Akai said:
Uhhh, Rina is a point-and-click adventure...

you mean this was that wonderfully stylized cell shaded looking adventure game that had an english website for some reason?

that game looked like an instant winner.... i guess we can say goodbye to a NA release...

A Link to the Past said:
And people said I was Damage Controlling when I said that this would hold on. :lol

I think a lot of people are surprised by Children of Mana. It could very well even climb up to 300K at this rate.

17 NDS Children of Mana

amazing third party legs there... i think this performance has ensured a localized version... E3 ahoy!

when is the Tetris release date? im interested to see the launch numbers for How To Make Lines Disappear Over WiFi Training

Yeah Animal Crossing may have gone down 30,000 in sales but I don't think its losing steam.
I mean a game doesn't suddenly lose all of its legs like that. Next week it'll push at least another 50k.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
LM4sure said:
it's so funny the vast difference in how the psp and ds are performing in japan vs the us
Yeah it is, but you know it's also true that nobody can say they are the total opposites so Japan is really what is helping the DS stay far enough ahead from the PSP so that Nintendo can keep saying how the DS is outselling the PSP.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Oblivion said:
Are people expecting Tetris DS sales to be impressive over there?
I think they have a good chance of being quite impressive. Tetris will always be known as the non-gamer killer ap, and that's exactly the audience the DS has been able to appeal to.

Link said:
I think they have a good chance of being quite impressive. Tetris will always be known as the non-gamer killer ap, and that's exactly the audience the DS has been able to appeal to.
When did Tetris become the non-gamer killer ap?

Oblivion said:

the way i see it, when you ask people what games their parents played (and i feel like this is a universal question/responce) responces tend to consist largely of SMB and Tetris. That said, this is argueably the first system where there is an actual mom and dad (grandma?!) install-base. I have a feeling that Tetris DS will mesh fairly well into the "training" sales atmosphere. i could be very wrong of course ^_~

LordPhlegm said:
When did Tetris become the non-gamer killer ap?

see above

Magicpaint said:
I think a lot of people are surprised by Children of Mana. It could very well even climb up to 300K at this rate.

And a lot of people can eat me, because I was right, and they were wrong! :D

Honestly, when will people learn that the safest bet is to nod and agree with everything I say?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
cvxfreak said:
Didn't post them this week because I was at the post office picking up my DS Lite. :)
Don't worry, haven't you noticed that I'm never around when these threads start anymore? I don't bother posting the HW numbers the next day anymore either.

Oblivion said:
It sold 4.2 million copies on the GB but I don't know if it was a pack-in there like it was here.

A Link to the Past said:
And a lot of people can eat me, because I was right, and they were wrong! :D

Honestly, when will people learn that the safest bet is to nod and agree with everything I say?
Or they can all just ignore you because, let's face it, you don't bring anything at all to the conversation. :p

mj1108

A Link to the Past said:
Well, this sucks. DS seems to be losing steam, even with a large shipment of DS Lites. :(

Will the big three pick up in sales, or will DS software sales go down until Christmas?

Oh yes....only doing 49k a week when it came out 5 months ago is losing steam. :lol :lol

Every publisher would love to have a title with legs like that.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Archie said:
Because in my illogical dream world, the more successful Mother 3 is, the higher chance there will be an english translation.

I was hoping you would have another reply. Now my planned joke is ruined.

THANKS A LOT ARCHIE

mutsu

All this "losing steam" stuff is non-sense. The period of the year IS suppose to be a quiet period for videogame sales. For DS games to perform at this level during this quiet period is still a great achievement.

Plus, Golden Week sales data is coming up next week. I am sure we will see a huge sales spike because of this.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
mutsu said:
Plus, Golden Week sales data is coming up next week. I am sure we will see a huge sales spike because of this.
Golden Week doesn't start until April 29th.

EDIT: And just so people know, we'll get a chart next week as usual but the week after the chart will be delayed (if it's like last year, the delay will be almost a week) because of Golden Week. We'll then get the new chart a day or two after that.

all the uproar and disaproval of brain training and now that it's out here it's such a fun and easy to play game. it certainly isn't making me quit playing mario kart and metroid but it's fun so i don't see why people have been complaining for months about it in sales threads for.. like it'll ruin games forever.. makes no sense..

has anyone played brain training 2? i'm loving part one and wondering how different it is..

also that starfi game looks awesome in the videos i've seen!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Joe Molotov said:
I bet the PSP RULED the 31-50 range. Only posting the Top 30 is a Nintendo fanboy plot to make the PSP look bad.

the spirit of heian kyo lives on!

cvxfreak

250K pieces of hardware sold in Japan this week if I read Dengeki's report right.

That's about a 25K drop in accordance with Media Create's numbers last week. The DS will probably bear the most brunt, unless the PS2 and PSP also dropped off considerably.

What are you guys talking about losing steam? By the looks of it, it was just a slow week as ALL software was down.

AC and the trainings will be back up there by next week. People lose faith that easy?

cvxfreak

I'll remind people to use Famitsu's figures for AC as AC has passed 2.5M on Famitsu as of the week before this, but still hasn't for Media Create by this week.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Brain Training was released 11 months ago and outsold every other game except its sequel is beyond impressive. I think its legs are comparable to Pokemon.

kia said:
Brain Training was released 11 months ago and outsold every other game except its sequel is beyond impressive. I think its legs are comparable to Pokemon.
Brain Age: Grow Your Legs in Thousands a Week!

kia said:
I finally see how it did this after buying a copy for myself. I was one of the Brain Training, Nintendogs, etc. haters. But when I saw it in the store for 20 bucks, I jumped in. Sure, it's not a game. And I certainly don't want it to become the future of gaming. But it feels good to have it in my carrying case, you know? Everyone has those moments when s/he gets too involved in a traditional game. Being in the game world for too long can get kinda depressing. Brain Age offers a nice break from that. Even if I'm at home and I get too "into" Ninja Gaiden or whatever, I'll take a breather, fire up the DS (which gives off a different start-up sound if it's your birthday, as I discovered today), and do some Brain Age exercises. It works as an invigorator; in fact, I recently used it before starting a long study session just to sharpen up my mind a little.

I'm definitely not a fan of games becoming more like Brain Age, but I'm no longer a hater.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
Battersea Power Station said:
I finally see how it did this after buying a copy for myself. I was one of the Brain Training, Nintendogs, etc. haters. But when I saw it in the store for 20 bucks, I jumped in. Sure, it's not a game. And I certainly don't want it to become the future of gaming. But it feels good to have it in my carrying case, you know? Everyone has those moments when s/he gets too involved in a traditional game. Being in the game world for too long can get kinda depressing. Brain Age offers a nice break from that. Even if I'm at home and I get too "into" Ninja Gaiden or whatever, I'll take a breather, fire up the DS (which gives off a different start-up sound if it's your birthday, as I discovered today), and do some Brain Age exercises. It works as an invigorator; in fact, I recently used it before starting a long study session just to sharpen up my mind a little.

I'm definitely not a fan of games becoming more like Brain Age, but I'm no longer a hater.

We've been translating Brain Training wrong since the beginning. It's actually Brain Washing

ethelred

The neat thing is, there's no reason to think that Brain Age or its ilk will become the future of gaming. It's a new market within the gaming industry, and it'll, over the long-term, cut itself out a nice niche of the market.

But it's just one more genre or option amongst many others; traditional gaming genres will continue to see new releases, and will continue just as they were before. Those people who are fearing that Brain Training will "replace" traditional gaming... well, it's just not going to happen. It's an expansion of the market and an expansion of gaming options, not a replacement.

Anyway, I'm glad you liked it. My mom's birthday is coming up -- I'm planning on getting her a copy, though I'm still not sure if I'll get one for myself.

Kato

Well, happy birthday dude! :)

And yes I agree. Can't say I have played Braintraining yet so no experience there. But Tetris and especially Nintendogs, Mario Party and Guitar Hero (although the latter is a PS2 game) give me those breathers from the hectic world of action games and role playing games I sometimes just need and want.

Rocked said:
Will Opera be included in the charts? :lol
I hope so, just to see how some people react.

1: Opera DS - 750,000 (NEW)
2: Brain Training 2 - 80,000 (2,500,000)
3: Animal Crossing: WW - 70,000 (3,000,000)
4: BT1 - 65,000 (2,500,000)
5: English Training - 50,000 (1,500,000)
6: Mother 3 - 40,000 (1,250,000)
7: Pokemon Ranger - 30,000 (1,000,000)
8: random PSP game - 25,000 (NEW)
9: random PS2 game - 20,000 (NEW)
10: Blue Dragon - 15,000 (NEW)

Top Bottom