• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 01/02-01/08

cvxfreak

Fuzzy said:
Because Media Create is the official source of Japanese sales data here on GAF and no other numbers matter or are accurate. :D

:lol

I think we need to reintegrate Famitsu with GAF more often. If only they published stuff sooner. :(

Monorojo

Banned
If the DS number is 191,000 or even 1,191,000 it doesnt change the fact PSP still sold well this week, you people continue to compare 2 completely different products with completely different price ranges and target audiences (at least in Japan)....

It's very evident in Japan PSP is seen as PRIMARILY a multi-media device, that is the only explanition to it selling 100k+ a week with nearly 0 game sales.

The story is different in EU and US fo course, where PSP games sell more than the other handheld and it's seen more as a gaming device.

You have to give Sony credit simply for the fact the have completely blurred the thick line between a gaming machine for kids and a multi-media device for adults and it's somehow selling unbelievably well in all 3 areas.

cvxfreak said:

I think we need to reintegrate Famitsu with GAF more often. If only they published stuff sooner. :(
We shouldn't post famitsu review scores then...that is why people doesn't trust famitsu :lol

I like Famitsu more...top30 (delayed but...), top100 (i love it) and old data...Media-Create needs more cowbell

ioi

Banned
But don't some of the people on these boards get more Media Create numbers than the top 10 that we regularly get here? ;-)

lancubap

Monorojo said:
"The story is different in EU and US fo course, where PSP games sell more than the other handheld."

Perhaps you mean that PSP's Software sales in USA & PAL regions are far better than in Japan, and NOT that PSP sold more Software than DS & GBA in USA & Europe, because this second thing is absolutely false !

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
lancubap said:

Perhaps you mean that PSP's Software sales in USA & PAL regions are far better than in Japan, and NOT that PSP sold more Software than DS & GBA in USA & Europe, because this second thing is absolutely false !
He said handheld (only talking about the PSP vs DS). The PSP has sold more SW in the US than the DS as of November NPD. 6.3 million vs 6.18 million.

Oxymoron

Monorojo said:
If the DS number is 191,000 or even 1,191,000 it doesnt change the fact PSP still sold well this week, you people continue to compare 2 completely different products with completely different price ranges and target audiences (at least in Japan)....

It's very evident in Japan PSP is seen as PRIMARILY a multi-media device, that is the only explanition to it selling 100k+ a week with nearly 0 game sales.

The story is different in EU and US fo course, where PSP games sell more than the other handheld and it's seen more as a gaming device.

You have to give Sony credit simply for the fact the have completely blurred the thick line between a gaming machine for kids and a multi-media device for adults and it's somehow selling unbelievably well in all 3 areas.
You're only supposed to bring out the damage control when DS outsells PSP.

1. Easter may very well be in a transitory stage until the new DSes come in.
2. Reported Numbers of the DS will vary greatly from source to source since there is a shortage problem and this causes people to buy from many different retailers, screwing upt he normal extrapolations these companies would make.

moai

Monorojo said:

this Pr stuff is so funny..........

lancubap

Fuzzy said:
The PSP has sold more SW in the US than the DS as of November NPD. 6.3 million vs 6.18 million.

Ouff, you must read right before answer: I have said that:

PSP has NOT sold more Software than DS AND in USA AND PAL Regions.

Do you remember that Europe is not Sonyland anymore ?

1.6 millions Nintendogs + 800.000 Mario Kart + Other >>> GTA LCS + other!!!

If you say: PSP's software sales are higher in USA than Nintendo DS, you're right, for now.

In his post, he has said that PSP > "Other handhelds" & "USA and EU" !!!!

And, of course, thats not true.

EDIT: grammaticals corrections.

Merlin

Banned
elostyle said:
            ,─″″″″゛゛゛゛─、
           /             ミ
          |              ヽ
          | __,─────-、_  |
          | |            |  |
          | /  ━    ━   ヾ |
          ヘ|  /    \    |/|
          し| ~  (。 。)   ~   |ノ
           /  /     \    |
           ヽ  / ̄ ̄ ̄\   丿 >>1乙 PSP132000>>>>>DS 91000 これが現実ドゥ~ン
            ヽ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄,,─ "
              ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

They need to discover photoshop over there ;)

:lol What is this one? An American fanboy? ;-)

/ ̄ ̄~ヽ       
    |_24___T_|_  またメディクリの帳尻合わせか?・・っと
    lシ ・` ´・ |    .
    (6ヽ  ゝ |             ______
     l\ -ш-/                │  | \__\___
 / \ \―ヽ              |  |   |= |iiiiiiiiiii|
/⌒ヽ.  \____/\   ヒマヒマヒヤマ   |  |   | =. | !!!!!!!|
|   ヽ_____| ___. _    |  |   |三 |_「r.、
|  //     // ̄.\ //⊃ヾ)   |__|_/(  ) ̄ ))
ヽ ______//r_/| |.||⌒ヽ~〔 ̄ ̄! ̄ ̄ ̄/ ̄ ̄\((

Pimpwerx

I believe J. Allard would call this turn of events momentum. :lol Yeah, the PSP has earned a stay of execution. The DS has had easily the biggest year in Japan since the PS2. Not in raw numbers, b/c the DS probably sold more than the PS2 did, but I can't remember the last time a single machine has so thoroughly dominated both hw and sw charts in JP. Easter will probably come early in 2006, so fear not Nintendolts. :p PEACE.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Incredibly disapointing. Nintendo's got to get thier shit together and fix thier supply chain... fast! For every unit they fail to sell today, times that by 10 to get the lost sales in future install base.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Something is really wrong here. We got 3 sources. The first said 191k, the second said 130k, and now we got 91k? Doesn't make sense since it was said the DS made 50% of the sales, so what the heck is up?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Don't you see? This is a trap to lure the sony fans in... Then the real M-create numbers will be released in just a couple hours! Then all will be forced to witness the army of photoshopped Iwata images!

lancubap

GreenGlowingGoo said:
Don't you see? This is a trap to lure the sony fans in... Then the real M-create numbers will be released in just a couple hours! Then all will be forced to witness the army of photoshopped Iwata images!

You're right: the Sonyfans are terrible, because they still aren't loose a war !

Nintendo fans know what is to be second or third on the market, and they have accepted this reality.

But a Sony-fan think that Sony is invincible, for now, and is more more dangerous...

I think that the best thing is do what I do: remain outside this stupid war between PSP & DS, overall because they are two successfull machines with two differents market and with two different type of gaming.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Is everyone forgetting about how nintendo is sold out of dses or are we just being funny

Link1110

Is everyone forgetting about how nintendo is sold out of dses or are we just being funny

Really. That 90,000+ people were willing to hunt down a DS when its supposedly almost impossible to find is great.

xsarien

daedsiluap
elostyle said:
There will not be a redesign in January. That would piss off 1.5 million customers that just got the old version last month.

As long as they're not adding any new features, there's nothing to get pissed about.

SantaC

marvelharvey said:
How many plot twists is this thread going to take? A hollywood writer couldn't have created a story of this depth. Go thread!

not really any twists here. The DS is soldout, hence the low numbers. This was reported last week.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
jman2050 said:
Solid, if not spectacular.

:lol :lol :lol

pspshredder6ss.jpg

Sony reveal new PSP functions

lancubap said:
Ouff, you must read right before answer: I have said that:

PSP has NOT sold more Software than DS AND in USA AND PAL Regions.

Do you remember that Europe is not Sonyland anymore ?

1.6 millions Nintendogs + 800.000 Mario Kart + Other >>> GTA LCS + other!!!

If you say: PSP's software sales are higher in USA than Nintendo DS, you're right, for now.

In his post, he has said that PSP > "Other handhelds" & "USA and EU" !!!!

And, of course, thats not true.

Slightly OT for a media create thread, but yes, they have.

The PSP sales are decent, but obviously the DS sold every unit out there, so there's absolutely no PSP victory here.

And if the redesign is true (but why, the damn thing is selling great, I'd wait for it to slow down), then look out. A ton more stock on the shelves and a redesigned system might push 1M units in a week.

SantaCruZer said:
not really any twists here.

I was meaning these 'twists'..

DS outsells PSP
no, wait, PSP outsells DS
hold on, the '1' was missing, DS outsells PSP
argh, the '1' is a mistake, PSP outsells DS
Dengeki: But wait, we say 166k for the DS

mj1108

Ganondorf>Link said:
If PSP outsells the DS next week I declare its because of Martin Luther King Jr. Day!

PSP's new slogan: "I had a dream...."

marvelharvey said:
I was meaning these 'twists'..

DS outsells PSP
not wait PSP outsells DS
hold on, the '1' was missing, DS outsells PSP
Media Create: It''s official PSP outsells DS
Dengeki: But wait, we say 166k for the DS

We don't have official MC numbers yet.

So we shall call this breef time as Pass Over. As it will pass over quickly once the DS stock replenishes. All the DS owners and buyers are hungry, but they can only splurge on the DS's hardware at night or something. Yeah... I'll shut up. I sound stupid.

olubode said:
Futher Edited...

39197427oCaKoF_ph.jpg

Jesus: "Finally!"
Nintendo fans: "NOOOOOOOOOO! Why have you forsaken us Lord?"

Sony Fans: "Yeah, its time for a new savior! Clearly, Japanese people are purchasing PSP for the great gift-giving season of Martin Luther King Jr day!"

mlk.jpg

MLK JR: "I'm just trying to find another boneless rib sandwich...keep me out of this."

Oh great, now this thread will be referenced as a "MLK Day" in sales-age threads.

mj1108

SatelliteOfLove said:
Oh great, now this thread will be referenced as a "MLK Day" in sales-age threads.

:lol :lol

Obviously they're in the buying mood to give gifts for MLK Jr. day.

PSP outsells DS = MLK Jr. Day
DS outsells PSP = Easter

Top Bottom