• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales 6/25 - 7/1

Tideas said:
O YES RLY. And no, it doesn't have to do anything. I was speculating as to what game would give some life into the pS3 besides FF13. I thought Foulsoul would do it some justice for at least a couple of weeks, but seeing it dropped off so fast makes my heart sad.
I suppose it's my fault for not clarifying: Firstly, I do not believe that your claims about not trolling are in fact, correct.

Secondly, what is "HS" and what does it have to do with Japanese men and their taste in women? Why did this even need to be mentioned and why is it funny? What were you trying to say?

Verve

vicious_killer_squirrel said:
Secondly, what is "HS" and what does it have to do with Japanese men and their taste in women? Why did this even need to be mentioned and why is it funny? What were you trying to say?

i think with "HS" he meant hot shots, so: minna no golf.
have never played a title of the series, but i remember some screenshots showing some anime-looking girls playing golf... maybe that's what he was about.

apujanata

Verve said:
i think with "HS" he meant hot shots, so: minna no golf.
have never played a title of the series, but i remember some screenshots showing some anime-looking girls playing golf... maybe that's what he was about.

Anyone who think that Hot shot golf are popular because of the anime-looking girls are :
a. a junior
b. someone who does not know japan
c. an idiot
d. all of the above.

Tideas

Banned
I suppose it's my fault for not clarifying: Firstly, I do not believe that your claims about not trolling are in fact, correct.

HS = Heavenly Sword. I mentioned it because like Tomb Raider, some men like to play a lead character that's a female that's barely dressed. I then went on the assumption that Japanese men, are, like mankind. They like to see half-naked females. And that was what I was trying to say.

heavenly sword, to me, looks to be the next game that could have a chance at staying in the top 5 for a couple of weeks in Japan, as well as moving some hardwares

apujanata

Tideas said:
HS = Heavenly Sword. I mentioned it because like Tomb Raider, some men like to play a lead character that's a female that's barely dressed. I then went on the assumption that Japanese men, are, like mankind. They like to see half-naked females. And that was what I was trying to say.

heavenly sword, to me, looks to be the next game that could have a chance at staying in the top 5 for a couple of weeks in Japan, as well as moving some hardwares

Actually, I think most men like to play WITH (not as) a girl that are FULLY (not half) naked.

Tideas said:
I see. I feel it is my duty to point out to you that the way you expressed your point, especially the "hahaha", was just a little bit racist. That sort of behaviour is frowned upon here.

May the mods have mercy upon your account.

Tideas

Banned
I see. I feel it is my duty to point out to you that the way you expressed your point, especially the "hahaha", was just a little bit racist. That sort of behaviour is frowned upon here.

May the mods have mercy upon your account.

Hmm, and this is the definition of racist.

rac·ism (rā'sĭz'əm) pronunciation
n.

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.
2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

I guess "hahaha," to you, means I meant that Japanese are inferior to others. I go hahah in most of my post, because u can't take life too eseriously...especially a message board

Mar

Tideas said:
I go hahah in most of my post, because u can't take life too eseriously...especially a message board

It's actually best to treat others on a message board just how you'd treat them in real life. I think a majority of GAF users at least try and show that level of maturity.

*sigh*

Anyway, what's been happening with Super Paper Mario lately? It seemed to drop off after a few weeks, but I'm wondering what its LTD is.

I just bought it the other day, if it makes you feel any better.

davepoobond said:
killzonepoobond.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

goompapa

Terrell said:
You really have no idea just how non-existent GameCube was in Japan last gen, do you? Maybe 2 or 3 GCN titles made it to the MC top 10 across an entire YEAR, and after the first week in the top 10 they promptly plummeted off the chart and into obscurity. And that was Nintendo titles, more often than not.
Considering this is a GameCube port that no one really anticipated anyways, I'd say this is moderately respectable numbers.

You're an idiot ! You don't know sh1t and you try to lecture someone.
Nintendo titles have always sold respectable on the Gamecube. Heck, even Cubivore and Doshin the freaking Giant managed to sell around 125k.
And your statement that only 2 or 3 GCN titles made the top10 MC across an entire YEAR ,without any legs.....laughable, Nintendo released more than 2 or 3 Mario or Pokemon titles alone on the GCN a year and those titles always sell well, with legs.

From the looks of it, DK bombed, certainly for a Nintendo franchise. Deal with it !

apujanata

goompapa said:
You're an idiot ! You don't know sh1t and you try to lecture someone.
Nintendo titles have always sold respectable on the Gamecube. Heck, even Cubivore and Doshin the freaking Giant managed to sell 150k+.
And your statement that only 2 or 3 GCN titles made the top10 MC across an entire YEAR ,without any legs.....laughable, Nintendo released more than 2 or 3 Mario or Pokemon titles alone on the GCN a year and those titles always sell well, with legs.

From the looks of it, DK bombed, certainly for a Nintendo franchise. Deal with it !

Are you sure about Doshin and Cubivore ? Moor Angol's data and My own Dengeki data disagree with you :

Kyojin no Doshin (Doshin the Giant) : 118.074 (Dengeki : 115,899)
Doubutsu Banchou (Animal Leader a.k.a. Cubivore) : 127.959 (Dengeki : 117,899)

apujanata

Many thanks. If it has stalled as much as I think it has, it'll struggle to reach 500,000. It's a shame, really.

:(

Since in it's last week it still managed to get 10K/week, I will be very, very suprised if SPM does not manage to reach 500K. It should be able to manage 600K at least (more probably 700-800K, including christmas surge for all mario games).

goompapa

apujanata said:
Are you sure about Doshin and Cubivore ? Moor Angol's data and My own Dengeki data disagree with you :

Kyojin no Doshin (Doshin the Giant) : 118.074 (Dengeki : 115,899)
Doubutsu Banchou (Animal Leader a.k.a. Cubivore) : 127.959 (Dengeki : 117,899)

Guess my memory was wrong then. But still, my point stands, those were ok numbers, and these games have far less selling potential than DK

legend166

starship said:
Nice Zelda PH sales, It'll sell +800k for sure.
And Observation Training will be another million seller, it has excellent legs just like other training games. Actually it sold more this week than last week (44k ---> 49k.)

According to Famitsu it sold 70k. MC numbers should be something between 65k - 75k, how it is small?

You'll notice I said possibly. I thought with Wii Play out of the top 10 they might be holding back for next week.

Also, I didn't know about the Famitsu numbers.

apujanata

goompapa said:
Guess my memory was wrong then. But still, my point stands, those were ok numbers, and these games have far less selling potential than DK

DK as a platform game is much more appealing compared to DK as a bongo (music) game, which in turn are more appealing compared to DK as racing game. For example, I have no intention of buying DK Jet Tarou, while I might be interested in buying DK Country game (I also don't like DK bongo game).

Having said that, I did expected a higher sales of DK Jet Tarou. I was hoping for 40-45K first week sales.

apotema

Maybe that DK game will sell well during all the summer, we don't know.

Dragon Quest Swords will sell excellent, I expect at least 600k

The hasn't been a decent DK game since that atrocious DK64. Nintendo should put an end to all the stupid bongo games and bring out a new DK game. DK5 is long overdue

norinrad21 said:
The hasn't been a decent DK game since that atrocious DK64. Nintendo should put an end to all the stupid bongo games and bring out a new DK game. DK5 is long overdue

How can something be decent and atrocious at the same time?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
norinrad21 said:
Learn some English before you pretend Jungle Beat doesn't exist.

cvxfreak said:
Speaking of which, when the hell is Diddy Kong Racing DS out in Japan?

Here's what I found...

Wikipedia said:
ディディーコングレーシングDSは、海外で発売されているニンテンドーDS用ソフト。今のところ日本での発売の予定はない。

Diddy Kong Racing DS is a software title currently released for the Nintendo DS overseas. There are currently no announcements regarding a release in Japan.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
norinrad21 said:
alright let it go :lol

I'm sorry i called him an ass

Personally I'm more upset by the notion that you're disregarding Jungle Beat as a great DK game than your naughty language.

Anyway, good Zelda and Itadaki Street sales, yadda yadda.

Damn it....I nearly had a heartattack when I didn't see Tales covers in the top. Don't play with me like that please, #6 and #7 for a combined result of 64k, awesome (better start than Vol1), might (most likely won't) reach Namco expectations (100k).

A Tales fangame priced at 6090Y beats other starts like RE4 Wii, Trusty Bell 360 or Ninja Gaiden Sigma PS3. Not bad :D

CANLI

I thought DQ Swords would be released this week but it's 12th july..

Awesome sale numbers for Zelda and Itadaki Street. Don't understimate DS Observation training. This game-soft is really good. I like it more than the BT's.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I just realised what Itadaki Street was, and why it never ventured outside of Japan, heh, great sales though, Zelda going strong, if it has DS AAA title sales, it'll reach a million by September, if it sells like Zelda, it'll hit 750k before dropping like a stone.

Great sales, still for Ouendan 2, and greatly deserved too, also, Layton hanging in there, dare I say 1million LTD once it goes budget?

Edit: Wii Sports sales up around 3500 on last few weeks, from that I expect 68/72k for Wii hardware sales.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
legend166 said:
You'll notice I said possibly. I thought with Wii Play out of the top 10 they might be holding back for next week.

Also, I didn't know about the Famitsu numbers.
But you must look at sales instead of positions. #10 game sold 30k this week so its a good week for software sales. Wii Play must have sold +25k, also Wii Sports sold 37k, so both games sold more than the week before.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
CANLI said:
I thought DQ Swords would be released this week but it's 12th july..

Awesome sale numbers for Zelda and Itadaki Street. Don't understimate DS Observation training. This game-soft is really good. I like it more than the BT's.
It will, we should only be getting first day numbers next week.

test_account

XP-39C²
Tideas said:
No really, I wasn't trying to troll. Lol, I would be happy to see the pS3 succeed. I"m just perplex as to why it isn't doing that well in Japan.

If you write "no PS3 (or any system for that matter) on top ten until March 08 haha" most will understand this as you laugh at Sony (or who it would be) in a negative way. If thats not what you ment, its best not to use "haha" or write the sentence differently since it can easaly be understood in other ways too.

But speaking of Folksoul, i'm alittle suprised it dropped that fast. Hopefully its still within the top 50 :)

norinrad21 said:

"Atrocious DK 64 ???" I found it a great game. Not as good as the three DK Country, but still good. But I agree that since Rareware, the series has gone to waste. Jungle Beat was great, but too short and quite frankly I hated the Bongos.

Top Bottom