• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 | We Don't Need Roads

nemiroff

I can't believe I missed the updates to this thread.. I wasn't hot for this release, but it turns out this actually looks to be a true next generation flight simulator. Good stuff.

Last edited:
So how accurate is the world? If it's using fancy satellite footage, would I be able to see my house? Maybe not the exact same paint colour or anything, but at least see my street and see that the second house from the corner is basically mine?

In these games, is there a free roam camera? Forget about flying planes, just roam around and see your own city?

Last edited:

Mattyp

Review by Froogle Sim

In development for 5 years already, The muscle that was used by Azure AI to create the world must be insane.

Now we just need to import these entire World into Forza Tech engine :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Last edited:

Myths

Somehow the recent vids and coverage flew off my radar (FULLY INTENDED), but I heard it uses Bing Maps to generate the environment. Gold! Just imagine what they could do with this tech.

CyberPanda

Banned

petran79

Banned
So will they dumb down the game to make it more console friendly, in contrast to previous versions? I'd rather stick on X-Plane and spend the money on its dlc

Schmick

So will they dumb down the game to make it more console friendly, in contrast to previous versions? I'd rather stick on X-Plane and spend the money on its dlc
Huh, why are you even asking? It's a simulator. Its says so in the name.
No they won't dumb down. The developers have stated that this will be the most realistic simulator. If anything there will likely be assists that can be toogled on and off for those who need it.

petran79

Banned
Huh, why are you even asking? It's a simulator. Its says so in the name.
No they won't dumb down. The developers have stated that this will be the most realistic simulator. If anything there will likely be assists that can be toogled on and off for those who need it.

Good luck using a gamepad

uv56ca34e0.jpg

Makariel

I should head to the attic and check if my old Virtual Pilot is still working...

Virtual_Pilot_Tietokonemuseo.JPG

Will need a joyport to USB adapter though, also for my old Flightstick Pro.

Skyr

The technology in this sim is incredibly impressive.
I can totally see why Microsoft decided to revive the series. It’s a huge advertisement of a bunch of their tech in perfect synergy.

MadYarpen

This looks awesome. Looking at some sensible hotas setups lol. I think I'll be buying thrustmaster t. 1600m as it is supported by Ace combat... And it comes in gamepass. Christmass.

lefty1117

pretty rare to see universal acclaim on a pre-alpha, but every review I've seen has included words similar to "mind blowing". really pumped for this

Schmick

pretty rare to see universal acclaim on a pre-alpha, but every review I've seen has included words similar to "mind blowing". really pumped for this
True VFR flying will be possible even those who don't know really know what it is will likely fly like that naturally. This game could be massive for MS.

Mattyp

Good luck using a gamepad

The devs have alreadys said this is a simulator first, nothing changes from the previous ones just hopefully not having to add 1,000 DLC packs. I'm sure they will make an xbox version that flys easier with a controller but, will get a lot of new people into it.

I loved playing Flight Simulator X for hours on a daily basis... Knew everything inside the cockpit and taking off like a pro..... Untill the landing part. My pops who rarely played FSX always knew how to land them. He should have been a pilot. I was jealous that he could do what I couldn't do... Land that bitchass plane.

Last edited:
Top Bottom