• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

If you plug the seed into chunkbase.com's Mansion finder app you can see where they are. However since the world is so old I don't know how accurate the finder is, even for newly generated stuff. I used the biome finder when flying around the unexplored southern regions and I was flying over a ton of snow plains that chunkbase said were supposed to be roofed forests.

Ok, I just checked the mansion finder and there are actually 2 within the 12k boarder and one is right near spawn, oddly enough. I'd confirm this in a single player world before even thinking about a world reset though. As for expanding the existing boarder I was only able to find two after a couple minutes of scanning the map and one is around 28000, -49000. The other one in the SE that I think my map was pointing too is around -17000, 17000.

Personally, I'm not too bummed about not having them and the idea of starting over isn't really appealing, especially since not many people seem to play nowadays. All the cool infrastructure would be gone.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Would one be able to take the .mca file of a mansion location and rename them to an existing location on the map?
No. I tried that once. The game checks the file name against each column's expected X and Z locations and if they're wrong, i.e. you renamed the r.24.16.mca file to something like r.14.94.mca for example, the region gets filled with an unusable empty void filled with a 16x16x16 grid of single dirt blocks and no collision.

Also, mansions and other structures are defined in a file separately so even if you move the mansion to another location using a tool to move large groups of blocks around, it won't act like a structure anymore. It'll just act like you built it yourself. Basically you can build a witch hut but it doesn't guarantee a witch will spawn there. That information is stored in a separate file when their chunks get created.

-Minsc-

I just checked the mansion finder app and if I did it correctly there's one located at x: -2950 and z: -7300. According to the current map there is a base at x: -2800 / z:-7750. While it's close there's a possibility I could delete the .mca at the mansions location and leave the base untouched. The other option would be for someone to load the world in MCedit and more precisely delete chunks.

edit:

Here's some irony, one corner of Dry's expansive estate rests on a mansion location.

steveovig

After playing DQ Builders, I thought about giving this a try. I've tried the XB1 demo before and couldn't get into it a lot but I'm willing to try again because of the cheap Black Friday sales for the game. The Wii-U version looks very interesting with the Mario DLC. Do you guys think it is worth it to get that version or should I grab the XB1 version instead?

Also, does this feature blueprints or anything to help guide me through building specific buildings, etc?

Spent some time today flying across The End raiding cities for shulker shells (got enough for over 20 boxes so far!) and damn if it wasn't some fun times. I enchanted a new, less badass, set of armor just in case the void swallowed me up but so far so good. The chunks in The End aren't as complex as the overworld so punch bow flying is a bit safer because load lag doesn't seem to happen, but it's still a tense flight from island to island.

Fuchsdh

Spent some time today flying across The End raiding cities for shulker shells (got enough for over 20 boxes so far!) and damn if it wasn't some fun times. I enchanted a new, less badass, set of armor just in case the void swallowed me up but so far so good. The chunks in The End aren't as complex as the overworld so punch bow flying is a bit safer because load lag doesn't seem to happen, but it's still a tense flight from island to island.

I am amazed you'd risk bow punching anywhere where the terrain is more pit than actual land :p

I am amazed you'd risk bow punching anywhere where the terrain is more pit than actual land :p
All the shells and dragon heads are safe in my ender chest so I'm prepared to lose everything on me if I fall. I've become pretty good at flying though and the lack of lag makes it even easier to maintain altitude.

EDIT: Also FYI for anyone who may want to seek out end cities, they generate in lines along the east/west axis. I've raided 5 or 6 of them going almost straight west from the main island out to about x = -5500.

EDIT2: I finished my End adventure. The last city I found was a big one and near a portal back to the main island so it was the perfect time to stop. I got enough shells to make 44 shulker boxes!

Gone are the days of setting up a "work chests" near every thing I build to hold all the relevant materials I'll need that need to be moved back and resorted afterwards. I can just grab the relevant boxes for wood, stone, redstone, metals, etc. out of my ender chest and work out of those. :D

r1chard

Now I'm having PTSD flashbacks to computer science class, thanks :p

(All you people are trying to create the Matrix inside Minecraft, aren't you?)
I'm actually working on the "cloaking" aspect of the mod right now - replacing the block/entity models and textures with player-supplied data :)

Cmagus

Just put in a month donation for the server. I wanna ask though if there is a solution for allowing people to either teleport from home to start or a way to allow people to manually switch between survival and creative?

Right now on the server you need to go far out to find a spot to build and creative is good for finding a spot and is almost needed at this point but the issue is when you find one you get stuck in creative. Is it possible to implement something like this with the new coding now?

Fuchsdh

Just put in a month donation for the server. I wanna ask though if there is a solution for allowing people to either teleport from home to start or a way to allow people to manually switch between survival and creative?

Right now on the server you need to go far out to find a spot to build and creative is good for finding a spot and is almost needed at this point but the issue is when you find one you get stuck in creative. Is it possible to implement something like this with the new coding now?

Not right now. If we ever put the server back on Spigot or similar that'd be an option, but right now if you want on-the-fly game mode changing you need commands and/or a mod to use them for you. We can put a TARDIS are your base location and hook it up to the network so you have a roundabout way of quickly getting back to spawn/other remote locations, but that's about as good as it'll get right now.

-Minsc-

There is the Sponge API.

https://www.spongepowered.org/

If you want to figure out how to set up the mods that allow /home, /spawn, etc. I'd be willing to give you the access to do so.

Server needs updating, please.

I'm conflicted on the elytra flying change. The challenge of punch bow flying was fun and also inventory space efficient. Flying with rockets is neat though and now I have a use for all the gunpowder I've been farming.

Thanks!

Turns out they didn't remove punch bow flying, which is awesome. Rocket flying is definitely easier but behaves a bit different. You are propelled forward for a time based on the rocket's flight time which is based on the amount of gunpowder you use to make it - 1, 2, or 3. During this time (flight time 1 seems to be around 1-2 seconds) you cannot reduce your speed by turning, pitching, or hitting a wall like you can with punch bow flying so if you use it in tight spaces or when you are coming in for a landing you can crash and take damage and then still be flying full speed and crash more.

So ummm...

I reloaded my end and now half of it is missing and I have an invisible ender dragon...

I float over the chunks that don't load and take void damage along the way.

Vita version...

2016-12-22-195453.jpg
2016-12-22-202244.jpg

Fuchsdh

Not entirely sure. :) Someone took me down the elevated rail track and dropped me off "in a good spot to build"...maybe 1+ year ago? Is there an online map that's kept up to date? (Like a Mapcrafter)

We used to have dynamic maps, but we lost those. Then I was updating a Minecraft World Map version but the Minecraft world grew too large to upload reliably :p

Looks like most of the still-updated mapping options require compiling from source and other nonsense. Will have to take a look.

Well, looks like my 2 year map is corrupted...

Part of a chunk moved and some stuff was duplicated. Now when I leave the map and try to go back into it, the app crashes in the PS vita version.

Edit: now the map won't open at all...

Holkin

I had this one. Spent few days to fix.
What basically work:
- remove all entities like sheep or zombie from area with NBT editor
- find glitched chunks with map fixer (can't remember exact name, it pretend to fix all errors, basically only says you have some chunks mislocated)
- remove glitched chunks in MC Edit
- run the game
- if it crushed view game log and find coordinates of object causing errors, remove that object or that chunk

Hope it will help.
Worked with PC 1.7.

PS. Do backups.

I had this one. Spent few days to fix.
What basically work:
- remove all entities like sheep or zombie from area with NBT editor
- find glitched chunks with map fixer (can't remember exact name, it pretend to fix all errors, basically only says you have some chunks mislocated)
- remove glitched chunks in MC Edit
- run the game
- if it crushed view game log and find coordinates of object causing errors, remove that object or that chunk

Hope it will help.
Worked with PC 1.7.

PS. Do backups.

PS Vita version.

I was doing a backup to the cloud save to switch between Vita/PS3. Tried downloading my last one to the PS3 but that one was corrupt as well apparently, That one was from a month ago. Fails at 3% downloaded.

fester

Banned
I spent a couple hours this morning exploring another part of the server. Everything continues to impress and amaze me. I put together a collection of screenshots if you're curious where I visited. The album can be found here:

https://flic.kr/s/aHskSv3nGu

And here are a few of my favorites:

Ranger X

Hey, it was very cool to see my museum and penthouse on the hills to make the photoshoot!

Man this made me remember when we were like 15 Gaffers every night all together building all of this...

Fuchsdh

Train your kids to play Minecraft and use them as digital laborers, duh.

On a side note, I've been playing through Minecraft: Story Mode and enjoying it. It's a Telltale game, you know what you're getting, but it's kind of fun to squint at the game and see what Minecraft 2 or the game with updates could look like. They're mostly very faithful to the game, but there's little things like lecterns, being able to stack different slabs on top of each other, and some special half-height blocks that would be nice additions, in addition to generally looking similar to shaderized versions of the game.

Kept getting disconnected from the server just now when playing from my work computer. Found this reddit post about it and it seems to be router related. Maybe someone in IT changed up the settings.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/432m1f/fix_for_internal_exception_javaioioexception_an/

Anyone else seeing this or have in the past? I'll post more info when I get a chance to play from home and see if I still get disconnected.

EDIT: Played this morning for about an hour and didn't get this error.

Fuchsdh

This might be interesting to people: a mostly-complete transit map. Unlike the tube map, this follows actual distances accurately to a fair degree (although the trip down to Arkyoto is truncated slightly) and also shows the major and local roads plus many of the active TARDIS. Full size link.

Fuchsdh

New stuff in the snapshot:

tpT8HB7.png

We now get a true black block (time to rip up all the streets in Gaffopolis!) concrete, terra cotta pattern blocks, and a savable hot bar.

Sadly, doesn't look like we get concrete slabs or stairs to finally fulfill one's dream of complete color building, but still a lot of neat stuff.

Top Bottom