• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT3| Dig Your Way to Fortune! Build Your Way to Glory!

Unicorn

I haven't played in a year, but I can't get a password reset email. I see I got one a year ago when this happened last time, but I am not receiving anything when submitting my email now...

Fuchsdh

I haven't played in a year, but I can't get a password reset email. I see I got one a year ago when this happened last time, but I am not receiving anything when submitting my email now...

Good luck. I was going to give a friend access to my second account I haven't used in a year or more, and just realized I registered it to a Gmail account I cannot for the life of me remember the password to (and didn't put in my Password manager for some reason.) Oh well... :|

Unicorn

I sent a support request out just now. I have access to my email, so I don't know. Maybe it got hacked and someone transferred? I found my receipt of initial purchase though - 2010 when it was only 12.90$ lol

Fuchsdh

I sent a support request out just now. I have access to my email, so I don't know. Maybe it got hacked and someone transferred? I found my receipt of initial purchase though - 2010 when it was only 12.90$ lol

Rikui on the server when I told him my woes: "It only costs like $10, right?"

Unlike the old chaps of the server, I came in at full price (plus I bought the 360 version as well :p)

Unicorn

Yeah, I got it when it added online or something when it got bumped up a couple bucks. it was 10 euro which was about 13$ US at the time.

Last year I did buy it for my SO at 30$, but stopped shortly because I was having server woes off my laptop. Trying again now that I have a desktop to set as the server, but can't login now. :(

huh i was just able to migrate it....

Cmagus

Hey everyone,

Four years and five months, it has been that long since I hopped on the NeoCRAFT server and was blown away. I wander around old spawn and see this blonde haired fellow named CharmingCharlie building a massive rail system. The scale of things was beyond anything I imagined in my single player world. Dome City and Sky City, they were sights to behold. Wandering out and about in the world and stumbling upon some groups castle, it was quite an experience.

I came into NeoCRAFT shortly before I went in to have surgery on my jaw, this was at a time in my life when I was most certainly less sure of myself. Minecraft, like many games before, gave me a virtual online world to escape into. Over time I became the guy who keeps our world here running. I wanted to do it and the people who didn't handed over the keys.

These past couple years I've stepped more and more into the background. Now it's time for me to begin the process of passing the keys to somebody else as my heart is no longer in it. Since there has been no one like me asking to take on the job I open the floor to the community to see who's interested in taking on the role of admin. I have the server paid up for the next three months so I'll continue keeping watch on the place until then. After that I leave the place in your hands.

That guy who sometimes chats from the console,

Minsc

Hopefully you don't become a stranger and still visit. You did a good job keeping it all together so thank you for that and your dedication.It's been a while since I've been on the server but I'd like to jump back in now I'm getting back into Minecraft.

Whoever takes over the server make an announcement I'll help pay for a month or so as I like to do that each year it's only fair. Id do it but my time is uncertain to garuntee I could look after it all the time.

Fuchsdh

I've been playing a fair amount of Minecraft Windows 10 and Minecraft 360 versions again (because the latter had new achievements, the former because I just set up a W10 partition for Halo 5's Forge anyhow.) The W10 version definitely feels damn smooth—it runs better in a VM than the standard Java version does natively. Only downside besides the interoperability stuff is that it doesn't have custom keyboard shortcuts, and I normally play with the left and right mouse buttons swapped. Drat.

On the server side of things, I realized that aside from Nihon's videos, I haven't really seen much that shows off all the cool stuff people have done in video form, and I wanted to make a video for the GAFland server. I've got a bunch of obvious stuff to highlight, but if anyone wants me to show something off the beaten track, they should let me know with coordinates. :)

-Minsc-

On the server side of things, I realized that aside from Nihon's videos, I haven't really seen much that shows off all the cool stuff people have done in video form, and I wanted to make a video for the GAFland server. I've got a bunch of obvious stuff to highlight, but if anyone wants me to show something off the beaten track, they should let me know with coordinates. :)

Any of the places I know I say you already know. If you are up for it how about doing a video series? I considered showing off stuff on the server (including the old maps) but I just haven't been willing to put the time into it.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I've been playing a fair amount of Minecraft Windows 10 and Minecraft 360 versions again (because the latter had new achievements, the former because I just set up a W10 partition for Halo 5's Forge anyhow.) The W10 version definitely feels damn smooth—it runs better in a VM than the standard Java version does natively. Only downside besides the interoperability stuff is that it doesn't have custom keyboard shortcuts, and I normally play with the left and right mouse buttons swapped. Drat.

I’ve not booted up the W10 version since the week it came out, lol. It ran very nice but it was missing so much content that the java version has, too much for me to tolerate.

Have they added any of the missing content to the W10 version since it came out, or is it still many versions behind the PC game?

Fuchsdh

I’ve not booted up the W10 version since the week it came out, lol. It ran very nice but it was missing so much content that the java version has, too much for me to tolerate.

Have they added any of the missing content to the W10 version since it came out, or is it still many versions behind the PC game?

Seems like it's at 1.9ish now. It's got newer stuff like the desert zombies, but it's still got Pocket edition simplified mechanics in spots. It has all the redstone options with pistons now, and they added jungle temples. Not sure what else is missing.

Caayn

Welp, my girlfriend just bought the Windows 10 edition of Minecraft because she really enjoyed playing the XB1 version.

But she's confused about the crafting, she can't craft anything because of the crafting UI of the W10 version. I've checked to see if the Java version is the same and sadly it is.

Is there anyway to get the console crafting UI on the W10 or Java version without mods? Is it coming in a future update? She can't play the game without it, it's too hard for her.

Fuchsdh

Welp, my girlfriend just bought the Windows 10 edition of Minecraft because she really enjoyed playing the XB1 version.

But she's confused about the crafting, she can't craft anything because of the crafting UI of the W10 version. I've checked to see if the Java version is the same and sadly it is.

Is there anyway to get the console crafting UI on the W10 or Java version without mods? Is it coming in a future update? She can't play the game without it, it's too hard for her.

For the Java version there are at least mods, e.g. QuickCraft: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ods/1287252-continue-of-cjb-mod-fml-modloader

I doubt they're going to simplify the crafting for the W10 or Java versions officially, however.

Caayn

For the Java version there are at least mods, e.g. QuickCraft: http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum...ods/1287252-continue-of-cjb-mod-fml-modloader

I doubt they're going to simplify the crafting for the W10 or Java versions officially, however.
I've already tried Quickcraft but it keeps crashing during start-up. I've ensured that all the versions are compatible with each other and the MC version I'm running.

It'd be a major bummer if they didn't add the simplified crafting to the PC versions.

She's currently going through it with a recipe list, far from the ideal solution but it works. Thanks anyway :)

Fuchsdh

I've already tried Quickcraft but it keeps crashing during start-up. I've ensured that all the versions are compatible with each other and the MC version I'm running.

It'd be a major bummer if they didn't add the simplified crafting to the PC versions.

She's currently going through it with a recipe list, far from the ideal solution but it works. Thanks anyway :)

Even longtime Minecraft players tend to not remember a lot of stuff, it helps to have two monitors like I do so you can keep the minecraft wiki up for such reasons :)

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Even longtime Minecraft players tend to not remember a lot of stuff, it helps to have two monitors like I do so you can keep the minecraft wiki up for such reasons :)

I use my Samsung tablet to look recipes up. I honestly just can't remember all of them, lol.

Fuchsdh

I didn't realize, but there was a lot of 1.11 stuff in the Minecon stream. Reddit has all the details, but a summary:

*New villager jobs, and they now sell treasure maps that show stuff like biome areas, ocean monuments, and woodland mansions.
*Helpfully, portals now spawn on end islands so you don't have to fall out of the world to easily leave.
*Woodland mansions, with new mobs:
OLHeQYr.png
*llamas!
*A totem that insta-resurrects you from death if you hold it, dropped from one of the new mobs.

Those mansions look really cool, and go along with my wish that there were more elaborate tutorial world-like structures scattered about.

masud

Banned
Wow I haven't been on the server in ages. I think I've finally lost the itch.. Maybe a fresh server restart when all that new stuff comes out would get me back into it.

I didn't realize, but there was a lot of 1.11 stuff in the Minecon stream. Reddit has all the details, but a summary:

*New villager jobs, and they now sell treasure maps that show stuff like biome areas, ocean monuments, and woodland mansions.
*Helpfully, portals now spawn on end islands so you don't have to fall out of the world to easily leave.
*Woodland mansions, with new mobs:

*llamas!
*A totem that insta-resurrects you from death if you hold it, dropped from one of the new mobs.

Those mansions look really cool, and go along with my wish that there were more elaborate tutorial world-like structures scattered about.
Sweet! Been away for a while because I got sucked back into Hearthstone but this stuff looks cool. I am wondering though if we can actually get forest mansions on the server because I believe most of the world is explored.

Yeah 1.11 looks pretty good so far. Cool to see "backpacks" of some form in. Super excited for this new vanilla version.
I've always used an ender chest for a backpack. I guess these are a bit better since you can carry multiple of them and don't need Silk Touch. It will be interesting to see what kind of redstone stuff people come up with since you can move them and place them automatically.

Fuchsdh

There's also still unexplored areas in the 11K square that can be regenerated as well.

The world has been in use for two and a half years, so at some point if people want to start over it's something that could be discussed, although I'd want to port over bits of the old world if that happened.

Effect

Has anyone been playing the Wii U version of Minecraft? Map size ever become an issue for you after you've played it for few months or weeks?

Want to finally by a console version. Playing the PC version doesn't really work for me because my attention starts to wonder but with the the Wii U version I can use the Off TV Play feature. Will be playing solo though. Any mulitplayer I can still mess with the PC version I guess.

I dunno if anyone saw but we were supposed to get a new update for Wii U today (and maybe Xbox too?)

I don't seem to have it though and I was just wondering if anyone had. Supposed to have Polar Bears, banners and new blocks.

Fuchsdh

Has anyone been playing the Wii U version of Minecraft? Map size ever become an issue for you after you've played it for few months or weeks?

Want to finally by a console version. Playing the PC version doesn't really work for me because my attention starts to wonder but with the the Wii U version I can use the Off TV Play feature. Will be playing solo though. Any mulitplayer I can still mess with the PC version I guess.

With the console versions I tend to just remake multiple maps but for solo play I think the Wii-U/XB1/PS4 sizes are perfectly fine.

I dunno if anyone saw but we were supposed to get a new update for Wii U today (and maybe Xbox too?)

I don't seem to have it though and I was just wondering if anyone had. Supposed to have Polar Bears, banners and new blocks.

It's out for Xbox already. No idea for the timetable for other platforms?

thenexus6

I only recently started playing Minecraft and I have a question.

I have been playing with two friends, and we've been in one of their worlds. He has gone off playing lately, but i'd like to continue building stuff. Is there any way to still access the world? Like can I import it or something?

We are on PS4.

Fuchsdh

I have been to Gafland in VR and it's glorious

There's a VR mode for MC? Or is it a mod?

I only recently started playing Minecraft and I have a question.

I have been playing with two friends, and we've been in one of their worlds. He has gone off playing lately, but i'd like to continue building stuff. Is there any way to still access the world? Like can I import it or something?

We are on PS4.

By default there's no way to do that, since the player whose world it is has to host a game—those peer-to-peer multiplayer sessions don't have persistent states like PC servers would. I'm less familiar with the pS4's file system, there might be a way to migrate his save to another account and use it.

-Minsc-

Hey everyone,

Four years and five months, it has been that long since I hopped on the NeoCRAFT server and was blown away. I wander around old spawn and see this blonde haired fellow named CharmingCharlie building a massive rail system. The scale of things was beyond anything I imagined in my single player world. Dome City and Sky City, they were sights to behold. Wandering out and about in the world and stumbling upon some groups castle, it was quite an experience.

I came into NeoCRAFT shortly before I went in to have surgery on my jaw, this was at a time in my life when I was most certainly less sure of myself. Minecraft, like many games before, gave me a virtual online world to escape into. Over time I became the guy who keeps our world here running. I wanted to do it and the people who didn't handed over the keys.

These past couple years I've stepped more and more into the background. Now it's time for me to begin the process of passing the keys to somebody else as my heart is no longer in it. Since there has been no one like me asking to take on the job I open the floor to the community to see who's interested in taking on the role of admin. I have the server paid up for the next three months so I'll continue keeping watch on the place until then. After that I leave the place in your hands.

That guy who sometimes chats from the console,

Minsc

Despite my ramblings I've gone ahead and renewed the server once again. The place is safe until the new year. I suppose part of me doesn't want to let it go.

With that I'll take this opportunity to drop this little reminder.

Donated. I've been off the server because I fell back into Hearthstone and LoL for a while. I've been getting back into it though playing Captive Minecraft 4 so I'll probably resume my server play after that's done.

Sarcasm

I haven't played in like months, what is the best source for a consolidated last of new things?

Especially for someone that English is their third language.

Fuchsdh

Well crap.

Can't use a zombie spawner to get villagers anymore.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/5d2vo0/possible_111_spawner_issue/

I'm really pissed about this, I built a whole curing system around a spawner to get them and now it's useless. Guess I'll have to use creative next time I need them.

Mojang giveth, Mojang taketh away.

On the plus side, with the new observer blocks you can drastically shrink the footprint of a lot of stuff, like sugarcane farms: https://gfycat.com/DeficientAnchoredBushbaby

Would take up less than half the room of the farms I built at my two builds on Gafland, and having them automatically harvest is far less redstone intensive (had to do all this monostable circuit stuff I could only figure out with a tutorial.)

Doesn't look like we'll be seeing any woodland mansions without a boarder increase. I flew to the south eastern corner of the world and player icon (white dot) on my map is still really small so it's probably 1000s of blocks further out.

Fun easter egg I saw a video about: if you dye a sheep blue in range of one of the new illiger mobs, I think the Invoker, he will "woo-lo-lo" like the priests in Age of Empries and turn it red.

I went into a single player world just to track one down in creative and it was over 20k blocks away in the X direction. Afterwards, I threw some lava down on top just for fun. Good times.

Fuchsdh

Doesn't look like we'll be seeing any woodland mansions without a boarder increase. I flew to the south eastern corner of the world and player icon (white dot) on my map is still really small so it's probably 1000s of blocks further out.

Fun easter egg I saw a video about: if you dye a sheep blue in range of one of the new illiger mobs, I think the Invoker, he will "woo-lo-lo" like the priests in Age of Empries and turn it red.

I went into a single player world just to track one down in creative and it was over 20k blocks away in the X direction. Afterwards, I threw some lava down on top just for fun. Good times.

Haha the same sound effect too. That takes me back to some bad days when I called in those auto-cannon convertibles and the enemy priests converted it :(

I apologise if this has been asked / discussed before but I'll ask anyway, sorry.
Why doesn't the client downloaded from minecraft.net support the X360 controller natively where the Win10 version does? I've seen that there is an update and would prefer to play on the controller.

-Minsc-

What method were you using to find the mansion?

-Minsc-

Spawned a cartographer and traded with him to get the map. Then I used /tp in the direction of it until I got close enough to see the player icon on the map get bigger and then I just flew there while following the map.

Ahh. Are these mansions so rare that even if I reset world (while keeping the seed) they would not appear within the current world border?

Top Bottom