• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft PS4/Xbone |OT|

Won't give me access to daylight sensor? Fine! I'll build my own. With blackjack and hookers.

But seriously, I built my own. Using the BUD method. Tutorial & Video here (Video is very helpful). . (It's that water source you see in pic)

Love my new night power system. Already set up 4 little lamp posts using redstone lamps. As you can guess. I set up a nether portal. Boy was I not ready! lol. But eventually got what I needed. Even went back and made the nether entrance safe with that special stone. I can make 20 more redstone lamps before I need more. I'll likely set up a little control room up top (2nd floor as seen in this pic or the previous one) to make it an OR gate so I can manually turn it on even during day time.

To think, that 10x13x4 mechanical redstone monster that is just below the surface there could have easily been done with 1 simple redstone daylight sensor...

can a boat survive the lava?

can a boat survive the lava?

just tried it on ps4, no, it burns up but allows you to pick it back up though.

also with manual saving enabled, when you want to leave the game you arent forced to save anymore, thats rather good imo. I do wish you could toggle no autosave by default rather than having to disable it each load.

alterno69

Banned
Anyone playing this on Xone that has kids that could play with my kid. He's 8 and is pretty good at it but he has no one to play with online. We could ad each other first and verify such a kid exists. Only problem is my son doesn't speak english.

Can you play split screen online? I could add some of you and join with my son that way maybe.
PM me if interested.

One question guys...I bought the PS3 version a while ago and today I was checking the web psn store....it shows the PS4 version for free! I thought you had to pay 5€ or something like that for the upgrade.

MattyG

Banned
Welp, finally got the PS4 upgrade aaaaaand can't transfer my PS3 world over. Come on, 4J.

And where's that Vita version?!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I've been googling around, and I can't really find an answer-

What features does the PC version have that the PS4 version doesn't? Mainly just gameplay/content features... not mods, etc. The only thing I've read is that the PS4 version is two years behind PC...

GulAtiCa

Went exploring yesterday, finally found a village in a desert. Got a lot of decent stuff, like lots of coal, which I need to help make stuff, lot of gold bars via desert chests and some diamond. Then I died on my way back being lost. :(

At least this death only lost me stuff that was easy to get instead of having to work for it.

I expanded my floor lights a bit. I put it in the ground so I could walk on. Looks nice. Might start adding them closer together.

MattyG

Banned
I think I'm going to try to build Kanto. Full scale and everything. The lower part with the water near Cinnabar Island's gonna be a bitch itll be worth it for a 1:1 Kanto that can be explored in first person. I'm sure someone's done this at some point before though.

Krilekk

Banned

What features does the PC version have that the PS4 version doesn't? Mainly just gameplay/content features... not mods, etc. The only thing I've read is that the PS4 version is two years behind PC...

underwater temples, more mobs, horses, leashes, better enchanting (uses Lapis and 1 to 3 levels instead of up to 30 levels of XP), many more ressources/blocks, Nether is 8x acceleration instead of 3x on consoles, worlds are unlimited on PC instead of 5.000 x 5.000, fishing gives items and not just fish, name tags keep enemies from despawning, hoppers suck items in and can transport them, more redstone features, ...

GulAtiCa

Yep. console versions really are quite behind. Really sucks to look up neat redstone ideas to only realize I can't do them. I mean the daylight sensor being missing means I had to dig a big ass hole for a giant machine to take advantage of 1 bug (dirt to grass or grass to dirt causes pistons to be activated) instead of making a single block..

MattyG

Banned
Apparently a ton of people have already done Kanto, and it looks like it'd be really hard to do. I can't think of anything else to build though. Any ideas?

Apparently a ton of people have already done Kanto, and it looks like it'd be really hard to do. I can't think of anything else to build though. Any ideas?

Anor Londo.

Anor-Londo1.jpg

GulAtiCa

Just start building and go from there? All stuff I'm working on wasn't originally planned.

I made a small dirt house. Then a basement, which now has all my chests and crafting areas. Then 2nd floor. Then giant glass staircase that just goes up and up.

I then made a sub basement to be a train station with idea of building a straight rail to the desert pyramid. Then I made a t junction at a midway stop in between to head to the looming jungle and decided to make it a sky rail. Took it around and back down to a swamp.

Then started dealing more with red stones and made connected traps that drop lava and drop mob on water, depending on which door they are at.

Went back to my 1st jungle sky rail stop and made the turn part into complicated triangle rail and went left to mountains. Made those 2 stops able to control destination.

Then made a lava most and draw bride while slowly upgrading outside floor to stone bricks. Finally completed complicated daylight sensor machine to power my new redstone lamps in floors.

See. No plan, just build! Build! Build!

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
underwater temples, more mobs, horses, leashes, better enchanting (uses Lapis and 1 to 3 levels instead of up to 30 levels of XP), many more ressources/blocks, Nether is 8x acceleration instead of 3x on consoles, worlds are unlimited on PC instead of 5.000 x 5.000, fishing gives items and not just fish, name tags keep enemies from despawning, hoppers suck items in and can transport them, more redstone features, ...

Hmmm damn that's a pretty big list.

I REALLY want to play comfy couch Minecraft, and I love the controller-specific UI and crafting interface on the PS4. All the controller mods on the PC are awful.

I wish Mojang would just put fucking controller support into the PC SKU. Err I mean Microsoft.

MattyG

Banned
Heh, I was half joking when I suggested it. I've wanted to build it for awhile though. At least the main castle would be doable.
Yeah, you could definitely do that easily enough. Could you imagine making all the buildings you can see when you first enter the city though. Daaaaaamn. I'd love to see that.

DeviantBoi

Has anyone had to contact Sony customer support and email them a copy of your receipt to get the $5 price for the PS4 version?

If so, how long after you emailed them did you get a response?

Ferr986

Any reasons why my Eye of ender keep shattering when used? I though they were supposed to guide me to a stronghold.
My house is near my spawn point (I did read strongholds form aroun 1000 blocks where you spawn and if you're too far from it the eye wont work).

EDIT: Holy fucking hell at dat Anor Londo...

Any reasons why my Eye of ender keep shattering when used? I though they were supposed to guide me to a stronghold.
My house is near my spawn point (I did read strongholds form aroun 1000 blocks where you spawn and if you're too far from it the eye wont work).

EDIT: Holy fucking hell at dat Anor Londo...

They only have limited uses and after so many they will disappear. When looking for strongholds I usually bring 4-5 in case I run into trouble finding it. Usually it can be found after a couple throws.

Can someone explain if I can do the following.

Have a map that me and a friend can play on?

Then one of us, when the other person is not there, continue to change that map?

And then the other person can join back onto that map and things have changed?

HGStormy

Banned
By the way, if you're making, say, a floor out of something rare like brick, you can just make brick slabs instead and put it on top of something common like stone slabs. Looks the same but you use half the bricks!

GulAtiCa

i've noticed the map you carry doesnt actually cover the entire worlds territory

yeah, apparently you need to make multiple, and only open a new one in a new section. I need to do that more. As well as make large light-houses/etc so when I randomly explore, I don't get lost. The low draw distance plus huge lakes sometimes makes me mistake a lake for an ocean.

MattyG

Banned
I'm having a really tough time even starting to build anything right now. I always try to go too big in creative mode and just give up, and I can never decide where I want to build in survival.

Has anyone had to contact Sony customer support and email them a copy of your receipt to get the $5 price for the PS4 version?

If so, how long after you emailed them did you get a response?
Yeah, I did. It took 10 days to get a response, and even then I had to contact them again to get the process speeded along.

Can someone explain if I can do the following.

Have a map that me and a friend can play on?

Then one of us, when the other person is not there, continue to change that map?

And then the other person can join back onto that map and things have changed?

Nope, the person who created the world has to be online for both of you to play it. PC Minecraft has been moving away from this with Minecraft Realms but there isn't anything like that on consoles. Though with Microsoft purchasing Mojang I could definitely see this happening, for a monthly fee of course.

i've noticed the map you carry doesnt actually cover the entire worlds territory

You need to create more maps to cover areas outside of the initial map. Just step outside the map's zone and craft a new one.

DeviantBoi

Yeah, I did. It took 10 days to get a response, and even then I had to contact them again to get the process speeded along.

Damn. I was hoping it would be quick.

I'll just have to wait. If I haven't heard anything in a weeks time, I'll contact them again.

Thanks for the response.

PC worlds aren't really unlimited anymore; there's a world border at 30 millions blocks from 0,0. Oh, and we have world borders that we can expand, contract, etc., not to mention the new blocks, chicken jockeys, ender mites, fences and doors for all wood types now and a few other things I assume haven't been mentioned yet.

Nope, the person who created the world has to be online for both of you to play it. PC Minecraft has been moving away from this with Minecraft Realms but there isn't anything like that on consoles. Though with Microsoft purchasing Mojang I could definitely see this happening, for a monthly fee of course.

PC Minecraft has left that in the dust; static servers have been around for years. But I am always so surprised that the console folks don't have that feature yet, since it is a big part of the popularity on PC.

Mastperf

A compass will always point to the first spawn point from when you first entered the world. If you can remember where your house is in relation to the first map, you'll always be able to find home.

redhot_

So what happened to our ps3 worlds getting bigger on ps4? because I'm hitting an invisible wall still.

Edit: nvm checked their twitter and it's coming in a later update. Hopfully being able to save my world when I exit it is available too because that shit isn't working.

Top Bottom