• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My friends smoke pot, I do not, and I suddenly find them annoying.

C4lukin2

Banned
So this is old, 20 years old opinion.

But my friends divided in two parts, the drinkers and the pot smokers...
Snx the pot smokers mostly turned into cunts.

The drinkers would make embarrassing mistakes, and apologize the next day, or more likely question the people in the room regarding memories, dark memories, unsure if it happened or not..

But the smokers. Nah I hate to rag on the smokers. It is just that drinkers and smokers do not mix well. They both bore the hell out of each other. And that sober friend who does neither, they probably hate both of us.

poodaddy

I enjoy both but mainly only drink these days, but honestly I agree. Although I do enjoy weed, I fucking hate weed culture and self proclaimed stoners and "potheads" are some of the most cringey, annoying human beings on the planet. I went on a hike with a buddy once and we smoked four bowls apiece together in the woods. That should have been awesome man. It should have been a great moment to just clear your fuckin head and calm down while in nature ya know? Just quietly relax and think. Tell me why my buddy keeps looking at a tree stump and talking about "the systems inside the tree" and pretending he's some deep fuckin thinker when he's considering some of the most basic, elementary concepts on the fuckin planet. Shit was so fucking annoying, that even four bowls in I still wanted to strangle him.

Suffice to say, on the rare occasions that I partake of bud these days, I do it alone. I ain't trying to hear about any more tree stump "systems."

teezzy

Banned
Straight edge for life.

Whatever you say, Bender.

tenor.gif

Why don't you just give it a try? Literally makes everything better. Listening to Tool or watching the entirety of Planet Earth S1 while high were great highlights of my life.

No wonder you hate it. Because you are the one guy in the corner who is sober. Either try it, or get new friends who align with your interest.

Last edited:

Blond

Banned
Honestly be happy you learned this early in life. I use to be a casual smoker turned addict (but according to everyone you can’t get addicted, fucking idiots) until I got high with someone who was a complete imbecile. He was everything those old movies like reefer madness we make fun of tried to warn you about, a complete deadhead who just should’ve stayed away.

No real sense of maturity, intelligence or drive to better himself he was just... retarded on weed and always use to say shit “yeah bro you’re wrong weed makes you smarter!” Even when I explained weed retards your intelligence level and short term memory when you smoke as much as he does he just wouldn’t hear it.

I’m happy for people who can smoke and code, do calculus, workout, etc but for the majority of people they should honestly just stay far, far away.

Last edited:

teezzy

Banned
It doesn't sound like drugs are the problem anyway, it sounds like you all need new friends.

I'm working on it.

When I was younger I hung out with a rowdier crowd. Spent a lot of time in Detroit: Newports, weed, booze, benzos, blow, MDMA, shrooms, salvia, kratom, LSD, 2cb, whip its, VCR cleaner, etc. Then the heroin started coming around more and more.

I never touched it personally, but it was an eye opener. I'd lost two uncles to that crap as a kid. Hell to the no.

I've been sober since and started to hang out with boring nerds. It was so relieving.

Those nerds evolved into woke vegan pothead nerds and I just turn my phone off and shit post here instead of hanging out with them. Yeah come over my house and tell me what Youtube videos you wanna watch on my TV on a Saturday night... get bent.

I can't stand compromise. It's why my relationships never work out. I'm too controlling.

I'd probably do a few shots of whiskey if someone offered 'em to me in a social setting though. Whiskey, blow, and xanax were my favorites.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Honestly be happy you learned this early in life. I use to be a casual smoker turned addict (but according to everyone you can’t get addicted, fucking idiots) until I got high with someone who was a fucking idiot. He was everything those old movies like reefer madness tried to warn you about, a complete dead head who just should’ve stayed away.

No real sense of maturity, intelligence or drive to better himself he was just... retarded on weed and always use to say shit “yeah bro you’re wrong weed makes you smarter!” Even when I explained weed literally retards your intelligence level and short term memory when you smoke as much as he does he just wouldn’t hear it.

I’m happy for people who can smoke and code, do calculus, workout, etc but for the majority of people they should honestly just stay far, far away.

Two weed stories.

I had a friend who was a right proper cunt. When he smoked weed, it made it function as a normal person would and he was all the better for it. He gets his girlfriend pregnant, gets married to her and inherits two kids from her pervious marriage. She makes him stop smoking. Guess how long that marriage lasted?

I smoked pot twice. First time nothing happen. Second time was magical. Everything slowed down and it was so calming/euphoric. I definitely wouldn't be able to function (drive a car, work) while high but that high was one of the greatest feelings I ever had. I swore off the drug at that point.

I'm working on it.

When I was younger I hung out with a rowdier crowd. Spent a lot of time in Detroit: Newports, weed, booze, benzos, blow, MDMA, shrooms, salvia, kratom, LSD, 2cb, whip its, VCR cleaner, etc. Then the heroin started coming around more and more.

I never touched it personally, but it was an eye opener. I'd lost two uncles to that crap as a kid. Hell to the no.

I've been sober since and started to hang out with boring nerds. It was so relieving.

Those nerds evolved into woke vegan pothead nerds and I just turn my phone off and shit post here instead of hanging out with them. Yeah come over my house and tell me what Youtube videos you wanna watch on my TV on a Saturday night... get bent.

I can't stand compromise. It's why my relationships never work out. I'm too controlling.

I'd probably do a few shots of whiskey if someone offered 'em to me in a social setting though. Whiskey, blow, and xanax were my favorites.

Not you, the OP and they guy that got violent while high (how is that possible?) in the woods with his dumbass friend.

Besides, I'm your best friend. You have excellent taste in friends which is contrary to your taste in food and television shows.

Last edited:

poodaddy

Honestly be happy you learned this early in life. I use to be a casual smoker turned addict (but according to everyone you can’t get addicted, fucking idiots) until I got high with someone who was a fucking idiot. He was everything those old movies like reefer madness tried to warn you about, a complete dead head who just should’ve stayed away.

No real sense of maturity, intelligence or drive to better himself he was just... retarded on weed and always use to say shit “yeah bro you’re wrong weed makes you smarter!” Even when I explained weed literally retards your intelligence level and short term memory when you smoke as much as he does he just wouldn’t hear it.

You just described the buddy I mentioned above who was talking about the "systems." I agree man, some people just literally can't handle it; they live their entire lives in a constant goal to get more of it, (my buddy has two kids and he still spends literally all his money on weed, he's fuckin pathetic), and they just lose all personal drive and determination as a result.

I'll say this for it though. I'm a disabled vet, and I've had many repair surgeries. Right foot, left shoulder, I've had stomach surgeries, toe surgeries; we'll just say I've been cut on a lot. I've got a laundry list of injuries, and I still lift hard and heavy as it's one of my favorite hobbies, (even though I'm weak as fuck lol), so you can say I kind of just live with a ton of pain all the time. 1:1 THC CBD edibles are absolutely amazing, in my own personal experience, for pain management, and they have far less weird side effects and are way more natural than stuff like ibuprofen or the oxycodone the VA had me on for years after I got out of the Army. Just my two cents. Potheads are fucking lame and annoying, but the stuff can be genuinely amazing for pain management, and it really helps me a lot. I just wish the culture surrounding it wasn't so goddamn awful. Fuck I even hate being in dispensaries man. Surrounded by terrible people wish terrible music blaring through the speakers, everyone smells like they haven't showered in months, everyone's either fat or just completely skinny as fuck, and the places are just generally filled with drama seeking idiots. The herb is honestly a beautiful thing in my eyes, but the culture that permeates the herb is so goddamn annoying and awful that it just further reinforces any negative stereotypes or perceptions about the herb that people have. Just sucks.

On a semi related note, I've legit thought about opening my own dispensary that "dispenses" (eh? eh?.....shit I thought it was clever), with all the gross ass hood rat bull shit that permeates the culture of all the dispensaries and just presents a nice, respectable store front where anyone from a geriatric to a veteran can feel that they're in a professionally run and operated store that doesn't have any real "culture" associated with it. Like a Walgreens or just pharmacy kind of feel, but for THC and CBD products. I imagine it's a very hard industry to get into though.

DISABO

Neo Member
I would suggest finding friends where you have more of a relationship beyond getting intoxicated.

or....

Its possible for stoners and drinkers to go to bowling. The stoners can get high beforehand on their own time, and bring along some joints/pipes if they want. The drinkers can drink at bowling.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Believe me, we do.
Depends I know my mates well enough so I don’t care if they get drunk. It’s the other drunk idiots who get aggressive or really silly that do my nut in. Scratch that it’s the loud hen parties/groups of ladies screaming all the time that do my head in
Plus the aggressive/Racist idiots
But if you ain’t hurting no one or being dicks. Do what you want me. Fill your boots.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Non smokers need to understand that weed is not all the same, smoking a strong indica is totally different than smoking a sativa.

The couch lock effect is indica, sativa is more like light cocaine if you get a real good sativa and not an hybrid.

Keihart

iu

I don't do either but the couple of close friends that do are pretty chill when we hang out.
BTW, i hate the fucking smell...smells like strong manure.

Last edited:

Orpheum

I only drink and never even touch pot as it does nothing for me. my best buddy and his GF are more into pot (granted he still enjoys his beer) and it works out just fine

Rien

Jelly Belly
I only drink and never even touch pot as it does nothing for me. my best buddy and his GF are more into pot (granted he still enjoys his beer) and it works out just fine

ofcourse it does.
All my friends are drinkers and I am the only one who smokes. We have the same great time as when we are all sober.
It goes together just fine.
If not, you should find new friends. If I hang out with someone who drinks that is annoyed by me on weed they are probably not the people I want to hang out with anyway.

highrider

Banned
I enjoy both but mainly only drink these days, but honestly I agree. Although I do enjoy weed, I fucking hate weed culture and self proclaimed stoners and "potheads" are some of the most cringey, annoying human beings on the planet. I went on a hike with a buddy once and we smoked four bowls apiece together in the woods. That should have been awesome man. It should have been a great moment to just clear your fuckin head and calm down while in nature ya know? Just quietly relax and think. Tell me why my buddy keeps looking at a tree stump and talking about "the systems inside the tree" and pretending he's some deep fuckin thinker when he's considering some of the most basic, elementary concepts on the fuckin planet. Shit was so fucking annoying, that even four bowls in I still wanted to strangle him.

Suffice to say, on the rare occasions that I partake of bud these days, I do it alone. I ain't trying to hear about any more tree stump "systems."

Don’t drag stoners just because you’ve personally chosen to associate with doofuses.

Peggies

I usually get really aggressive when I drink and I usually get really lame when I smoke pot. So I figured out, the best and only way is to combine both drugs. Worked for me.

DESTROYA

And that’s why I mostly smoke by myself to chill after a long day, I don’t smoke to think deep thoughts about the workings of the universe but to relax and put me in a chill state of mind.
Ive been smoking for a while and dont get the dudes that smoke all day and have no motivation to do anything the rest of the day but eat and smoke more weed. Maybe I’m not your typical smoker but I like to do shit not just smoke all day and be glued to the couch.
Don’t drink much, not that I’m against it just doesn’t appeal to me as much as it did my younger years.
In general I find drinkers more annoying than smokers because if your buddy drinks too much you basically have to baby him the whole day and they pay price the whole next day while making a ass of themselves a smoker will just want to eat a bag of chips and a couple of cookies and be OK in the morning.

Super Mario

Banned
I agree completely. Obviously, there is no such thing as a stereotype that applies to everyone. The act of smoking weed does not define you either. However, I can't fucking stand the "pot culture" people. They are beyond annoying.

Nymphae

Banned
Over the top potheads are a young person thing, once you grow up it stops being like "Duuuuuuuuuude" and you just enjoy the high without having the negative effects you get from alcohol. I mean some people are just assholes, but I haven't been around an annoying pothead since like high school, my friends and I smoke a joint casually and we're the same people we are sober essentially. Booze is another matter.

Last edited:

Thirty7ven

Sony make cringe trainers.
What's this thread about again? That people who drink are alcoholic losers who slap their wives and piss their money away down the drain while those who smoke are braindead retards who can't have a decent conversation without shrinking into a ball of smoke?

Sounds like you need to expand your horizons. I don't know anyone like this that I would call a friend, and all my friends either drink or smoke and are functioning adults.

Last edited:

Amory

If I smoked 4 bowls out in the woods I'd be fuckin terrified

DrJohnGalt

Banned
Back when I was younger and a drinker, I used to find the pot heads more annoying because they would never shut up about it (kinda like vapors and the crossfit crowd) and they always smelled skunky. Now that I'm older and don't drink in public, I find the boozers a lot more annoying and unpredictable. Will I get an "I love you man" drunk? Or somebody that wants to fight everyone in the room? Or somebody that will puke on my shoes? Pot heads seem a lot more chill. Especially now that we've all grown up and nobody feels the need to remind everyone all the time they enjoy weed. I think legalizing it here a long time ago decreased the novelty somewhat. I actually prefer edibles over drinks now. Besides alcohol is the real gateway drug, not weed. It's more dangerous for the user and those around them.

I guess I don't understand why people still want to hang onto friends they find annoying. I've cut out a lot of people from my old circle of friends for various reasons. Sometimes you just grow apart. If your ganj crew is getting annoying, stop hanging out with them and don't feel bad about it.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
tree stump systems may sound like stoner stupidity but it's also almost word for word the same justification scientists usually give for their passions. "When you contemplate how all these systems work together" blah blah blah. even the simplest natural thing has a level of complex design that dwarfs anything humanity has created. there is nothing wrong with curiosity or being impressed by nature.

at any rate, when doing drugs in the woods i find it is better to do mushrooms. when you are on shrooms and other psychotropics, nature and natural surrounding are super awesome, and man-made environments like indoor rooms feel artificial and fake. all the pretensions of the human race kind of fall away and experiencing the natural world in a pure state is prioritized. i think on some level this is the realization of an objective truth, the sublime miracle of the world. true beauty illuminates God, and nature most directly does this. lots of people are too concerned with daily bullshit like politics, bills, internet, etc. drugs help you get out of that headspace. or they can. (of course if used properly, but then this is a universal law, you can also make yourself sick by gorging on chocolate).

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Drugs are silly and being locked up for them is a problem, I treat pot smokers like anyone else but OP is right there’s stereotypes btw psychonauts (can be good people) are particularly snobby.

MaestroMike

I generally have no problems with the "friend that does neither," but if you sit around while everyone else is enjoying themselves and contribute nothing then maybe consider having a drink or two to lighten up

That straight-edge shit misses the point for people who do it on some force-fed principle and then are surprised that they don't fit in

teezzy

Banned
I generally have no problems with the "friend that does neither," but if you sit around while everyone else is enjoying themselves and contribute nothing then maybe consider having a drink or two to lighten up

That straight-edge shit misses the point for people who do it on some force-fed principle and then are surprised that they don't fit in

I appreciate being the sharpest one in the room. I'm good at owning a room and if everyone is under the influence I'm suddenly much funnier to them.

I appreciate being the sharpest one in the room. I'm good at owning a room and if everyone is under the influence I'm suddenly much funnier to them.
I have a friend like that--doesn't need anything and he's always the most social one. More power to you

Top Bottom