• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My friends smoke pot, I do not, and I suddenly find them annoying.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I will never understand either vice.
I appreciate being the sharpest one in the room. I'm good at owning a room and if everyone is under the influence I'm suddenly much funnier to them.
Handicap on!

NinjaBoiX

I used to smoke A LOT of weed for far too many years, was fully becoming a problem. I just found myself become less engaged with actual life, and just wanting to be high and playing video games all the time. So I stopped altogether when I moved to a new city.

I’ll still dabble from time to time when friends offer it, but I’d never go back to be a habitual smoker.

Dark Star

I used to smoke a lot during my late teens early 20s but I never got into drinking and still don’t drink at all. I’ve only had bad experiences with alcohol TBH. Either babysitting drunk friends or having a terrible time myself.

I’d say pretty much everyone in my social circle during those years was into smoking, and I guess it was a turn off for the more sober individuals who knew me (I don’t consume weed like that anymore and I’ve reconnected with these sober friends over the past few years and we have a lot more in common now, like education, work, videogames, hobbies, etc)

Around 21/22 I realized weed was just holding me back from my potential, even though it did make doing outdoorsy activities like hiking and skating more fun, as well as listening to music and watching movies. Eventually I cut off most of my stoner friends (not in a harsh way, just stopped hitting them up for weed and stuff, we’re still friends and on good terms) and started taking college more seriously, picked up music production/making beats as a hobby after lazily playing guitar for a decade, and life overall just got a lot more clear and focused.

I still do occasionally eat an edible when vacationing or at a concert or something, but it’s rare and usually a well deserved treat. I think CBD and very low doses of THC for daily use is fine for the most part. I still love it and think it can be used a medicine. I just don’t like the “DUDE BRO 420” party culture that surrounds weed, which is basically a psychedelic and should be treated with more respect.

Last edited:

GeorgPrime

Banned
So this is old, 20 years old opinion.

But my friends divided in two parts, the drinkers and the pot smokers...
Snx the pot smokers mostly turned into cunts.

The drinkers would make embarrassing mistakes, and apologize the next day, or more likely question the people in the room regarding memories, dark memories, unsure if it happened or not..

But the smokers. Nah I hate to rag on the smokers. It is just that drinkers and smokers do not mix well. They both bore the hell out of each other. And that sober friend who does neither, they probably hate both of us.

its easy. Accept or or get new friends. DOnt look back.

Some of my friends who take weed are unreliable and lazy.

Mobilemofo

Seems I'm the opposite of most when people have a smoke. Was never a lazy person anyway, but I get shit done when I've had a smoke. Has the same effect as Wiz without the other bollocks that goes with it. Controlled the munchies thing years ago..have frozen fruit with a sprinkle of sugar or frozen yoghurts. Always stay away from chocolates. Usually end up cooking a meal..mostly tho, I always end up listening to music and dancing around like a dick..and I'm good with that 😅

DESTROYA

I watch like 4 eps a week. Your average hulu/netflix binger watches entire series in one sitting.

sjGqn8Q.gif

OP,

Either join in, or make new friends. If you hang around like a fart in a sauna, they're gunna get fed up with the smell and open the door to let you out. Then you'll have neither group.

Pick the drinkers, the smokers or neither and find a new group of friends. Don't expect to grow at the same rate as your old HS buddies.

Kiwicha

Lame story coming up:
I had a good friend who I used to play Tetris attack with. Then we met some guys who wanted to play against us 'cause we were really good, and we used to hang out with them kicking their asses. Then my friend started to hang out with them by himself and the next time we got together to play, they were all smoking pot, including my friend, who untill that point, never try any.
And being the goody two shoes that I was, I just got out of there and never came back not even to my friend's house 'cause he got really into pot.
And to make your eyes roll even more, I ran into my friend a couple of years later and he was just gone.
He was on his way to some guy's roof to watch some UFOs land on Earth.

Grinchy

Banned
I can be in a room with stoned people and not get overly annoyed. But put me in a room with drunks for 5 minutes and I'm ready to throw a chair through the nearest window to make my escape.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Lame story coming up:
I had a good friend who I used to play Tetris attack with. Then we met some guys who wanted to play against us 'cause we were really good, and we used to hang out with them kicking their asses. Then my friend started to hang out with them by himself and the next time we got together to play, they were all smoking pot, including my friend, who untill that point, never try any.
And being the goody two shoes that I was, I just got out of there and never came back not even to my friend's house 'cause he got really into pot.
And to make your eyes roll even more, I ran into my friend a couple of years later and he was just gone.
He was on his way to some guy's roof to watch some UFOs land on Earth.
Was your friend perhaps Canadian?

C4lukin2

Banned
We could have been friends...

The snake needs, hey yah, super fun jokes.

Your colon is backed up..

sorry, I like goofy fun

Elektro Demon

Shits and Giggles
Pot smokers are generally cunts. In my experience. I had a few friends back in the day who smoked that shit and they were so boring. They just wanna lie down and laugh. Such boring people. Now alcohol on the other hand is much more fun.

DESTROYA

Pot smokers are generally cunts. In my experience. I had a few friends back in the day who smoked that shit and they were so boring. They just wanna lie down and laugh. Such boring people. Now alcohol on the other hand is much more fun.
Yeah because all drunks want to do is fall down and laugh or maybe get into fights with total strangers because why not......drunks are so much more fun :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Either drunk or high a cunts going to be a cunt no matter what.

I grew up in one state, and wasn't really around pot too much. I moved states last year, and have been around it more. Frankly for me, it goes like this

I don't care if it's legalized. I don't need to be preached all the pros because I've heard it a million times before. I just ask that if it's in public, edibles only. Smoke all you want in your own home and stuff. But don't make the rest of us non smokers have to deal with it. "Just don't walk near it" is such a 6th grader answer. You're missing the point. I just want the actual smoking indoors and no driving while under the influence. I don't think I'm being unreasonable

Oh and it's been more than 5, so i can't edit. But, i also don't get the people who make pot smoking their whole identity/defining character trait. It's so 1 dimensional. And I've met a lot of those since i moved here.

teezzy

Banned
People shouldn't rely on any hobby or interest to become their defining characteristic. It's so gross. Human beings are far more nuanced and complex.

It's like my friend who insists on being "the Gundam guy". I wanna strangle him. He smells so bad, and is van is a mess, and he never shuts the fuck up about Gundam.

It's like my friend who insists on being "the Gundam guy". I wanna strangle him. He smells so bad, and is van is a mess, and he never shuts the fuck up about Gundam.
What's his best Gundam pick-up line to the ladies/gentlemen? (I don't know which way he swings)

teezzy

Banned
He actually has a fiancee. She equally makes me want to vomit, but her cousin is a total babe. If there was one chick I was crushin' on IRL, it'd be her. Long story though, there's a lot of grey area there.

teezzy

Banned
She's the worst, and I'll leave it at that.

Seriously though - her cousin - oh my. We went on a date once. I should have dialed down the 'TeezzyD' a bit. lol

teezzy

Banned
Lol no 2nd date huh?

It's a long story, like I've said. We've both had a lot on our plates since. She's notoriously finnicky when it comes to dating, but we're not on bad terms or anything.

I once ran into her when she was on a date with some other dude and my friend's fiancee invited them both to my fav local Detroit dive bar. I remember that night specifically because I literally kicked her date's chair aside and took his place immediately. It was one of the most alpha thing I've ever done. She was fascinated and this twerp had to sit there on the other end of the table silently as some random bald due macked on his date right in front of him. I also started going over there for holidays and she seems interested in me and giggle - yknow girl stuff. But it's family. She's been over my house since with my friend's fiancee and all that, and we sorta clear the room because we just talk to one another.

I have her number, but she manages a bar and takes care of some blind lady at night for extra dough. I don't know. I can't really get a read. I also have all sorts of weirdo mental quirks myself. I'd love to just spend some time alone with her though one way or the other.

It's a long story, like I've said. We've both had a lot on our plates since. She's notoriously finnicky when it comes to dating, but we're not on bad terms or anything.

I once ran into her when she was on a date with some other dude and my friend's fiancee invited them both to my fav local Detroit dive bar. I remember that night specifically because I literally kicked her date's chair aside and took his place immediately. It was one of the most alpha thing I've ever done. She was fascinated and this twerp had to sit there on the other end of the table silently as some random bald due macked on his date right in front of him. I also started going over there for holidays and she seems interested in me and giggle - yknow girl stuff. But it's family. She's been over my house since with my friend's fiancee and all that, and we sorta clear the room because we just talk to one another.

I have her number, but she manages a bar and takes care of some blind lady at night for extra dough. I don't know. I can't really get a read. I also have all sorts of weirdo mental quirks myself. I'd love to just spend some time alone with her though one way or the other.
Imma PM you since I don't think this is the right thread for this lol

Tschumi

I'm working on it.

When I was younger I hung out with a rowdier crowd. Spent a lot of time in Detroit: Newports, weed, booze, benzos, blow, MDMA, shrooms, salvia, kratom, LSD, 2cb, whip its, VCR cleaner, etc. Then the heroin started coming around more and more.

I never touched it personally, but it was an eye opener. I'd lost two uncles to that crap as a kid. Hell to the no.

I've been sober since and started to hang out with boring nerds. It was so relieving.

Those nerds evolved into woke vegan pothead nerds and I just turn my phone off and shit post here instead of hanging out with them. Yeah come over my house and tell me what Youtube videos you wanna watch on my TV on a Saturday night... get bent.

I can't stand compromise. It's why my relationships never work out. I'm too controlling.

I'd probably do a few shots of whiskey if someone offered 'em to me in a social setting though. Whiskey, blow, and xanax were my favorites.
"Get bent" you rude fellow you :messenger_tears_of_joy:

---

I don't think smoking has as much to do with why you are bored of those friends, OP, i think it's more about the archetype they might feel obligated to fill.. so like any middling movie you watch too much, or whatever, you've had your fill and you're over their brand. You might swing back towards them one day~

Maybe not.

I for one, spent my teen nights dating dem Chinese honeys and never spent enough time with a bunch of dudes to develop drinking or drug habits, as social identifiers. So I'm kind of a null..

Top Bottom