• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community [OT3] Surely You Saw This Coming

Regardless, I don't think I'll re-follow that tumblr. I expect that this sort of thing will happen again.

I don't usually post foreign dub compilations anymore, but holy shit, that Ukrainian dub at the end of this "Make a Wish" compilation. I forgot that dub did that.

And cute art
make_up__by_sion_ara-d96n87x.png

PaulloDEC

Not sure why I did this, but here it is anyway. Tracking the top 20 posters from OT1 to OT3.

Not very scientific given this OT is still in progress, but whatcha gonna do.

OT 1

Continuing on: 7
Not continuing on: 13
New arrivals: 20 (all)

OT 2

Continuing on: 10
Not continuing on: 10
New arrivals: 13

OT 3

Continuing on: Unknown
Not continuing on: Unknown
New arrivals: 10

• Only five top-20 posters from the first OT are still top-20 posters in the third: DrForester, Owlowiscious, Slamtastic, Orcastar and Myke Greywolf.

• Half of those who continued on from OT2 into OT3 are new arrivals ($200, PaulloDEC, Cheerilee, brian577 and Rhomega Beta), while the other half are the five who carried over from OT1 into OT2 (DrForester, Owlowiscious, Slamtastic, Orcastar and Myke Greywolf.)

so what did you guys talk about during the hiatus anyway?

Well, the IDW comics have still been going on, and recently there have been the Equestria Girls: Friendship Games shorts. Plus, some previews and fan projects will pop up every once in a while. All things considered, it hasn't been too bad.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Well, the IDW comics have still been going on, and recently there have been the Equestria Girls: Friendship Games shorts. Plus, some previews and fan projects will pop up every once in a while. All things considered, it hasn't been too bad.
I see. my mlp outside of the show has pretty much been reduced to fimfiction and /mlp/ cyoas, neither of which ever seemed to be particularly worthwhile topics here. still love all you guys. <3

McNum

I actually thought I had been more active in the first two threads, especially the second one, but apparently not. Been part of PonyGAF nearly since it began to call itself that.

PaulloDEC

I actually thought I had been more active in the first two threads, especially the second one, but apparently not. Been part of PonyGAF nearly since it began to call itself that.

I did feel kinda bad that vets from the earliest thread who just missed out on the top-20 might be being portrayed as newbies later on, but top-20 data was all I could find unfortunately.

DrForester and Pandaman are correct, red lines indicate they didn't appear in the next top-20 (for whatever reason, sometimes bans I guess!) and gold star indicate new arrivals in the top-20.
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

(I assume ban because anytime someone posts hundreds or thousands of times in one thread, the only way I assume they stop is if they are banned lol)

I'll never make the Top 20, but I do enjoy visiting this thread (and the ones before it) every now and then.

PaulloDEC

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

(I assume ban because anytime someone posts hundreds or thousands of times in one thread, the only way I assume they stop is if they are banned lol)

I'll never make the Top 20, but I do enjoy visiting this thread (and the ones before it) every now and then.

It's nice having regulars here, but its great to see some less frequent posters pop in now and then too.

I'm not sure being a top-20 poster is even such a great thing anyway, ha.

When I was searching for previous Magic the Gathering OTs, I came across the previous season OTs and was startled to find just how many more posts were in them than the season 5 OT, even just looking at the halfway point of the 26-episodes seasons. It is unfortunate, but there are definitely far less people discussing the show now.

Crocodile

I came across this cool fanart and I wanted to share it. I'd post it in the SU thread, a show I actually follow, but the last time something MLP came up in there things got kind of ugly so I'm posting it here:

my_little_crystal_gems_by_kilala97-d949r4f.jpg

Source

I came across this cool fanart and I wanted to share it. I'd post it in the SU thread, a show I actually follow, but the last time something MLP came up in there things got kind of ugly so I'm posting it here:

my_little_crystal_gems_by_kilala97-d949r4f.jpg

Source

Pretty neat, and I like how some of the existing Gem designs have been used as inspiration. And you should go ahead and post it (as a link), it's only one or two people complaining.

Plus, I get the feeling that less people will object if someone besides me posts it.

Ooh gem ponies, I love it! Especially gem Rarity, she looks so cool.

But that reminds me, I found this one day while browsing Skullgirls fan art.
For those unfamiliar with Skullgirls, it's Fluttershy and Discord as Squigly and Leviathan respectively.

Great art! I can't see the Skullgirls art right now, but I know that at least two of the characters got alternate color schemes to resemble Fluttershy (the one with the sweater) and Rainbow Dash (the robot).

From Equestria Daily's Drawfriend today, this comic-based art stood out to me. I did think those two pastry chefs deserved more fan art.

13_by_akuama-d95wfco.png

Source Film Maker recreation of "A True True Friend". As someone who made CG animations for a class once, I can tell this took a lot of effort, but it's still pretty janky looking.

Also, planning on having the OT title changed during the weekend. I think I'll just go with a straightforward one, but feel free to give suggestions.
My Little Pony: FiM season 5 |OT| 100+ episodes and better than ever!

PaulloDEC

Title sounds fine to me, Sigma.

As for the True True Friend video... man, I just can't get past those SFM models. I can see the uploader has put a ton of work in, but the models have just never looked right to me.

Source Film Maker recreation of "A True True Friend". As someone who made CG animations for a class once, I can tell this took a lot of effort, but it's still pretty janky looking.

Also, planning on having the OT title changed during the weekend. I think I'll just go with a straightforward one, but feel free to give suggestions.

Well, the title speaks the truth

UberTag

Title sounds fine to me, Sigma.

As for the True True Friend video... man, I just can't get past those SFM models. I can see the uploader has put a ton of work in, but the models have just never looked right to me.
The manes looking wonky and some of the facial expressions simply not matching the charm of their 2-D counterparts are the biggest drawbacks, IMO... but I'm otherwise very impressed.

The art style doesn't lend itself to 3D well. Rarity in particular looks balding except that piece of purple hair jutting out of her scalp.

This title works.

I'll have to listen to that later. Another thing I'll have to watch later is the newly released 107 Facts about Friendship is Magic. Surprised it took this long for it to be made.

And also, 45 minutes of Animaniacs PMVs.

The second one just plain confused me.
Coco eating coco, of course.

This artist has been doing cute Mega Man X crossover art.
First
Second
There are others, but the artist didn't group them together.

I'll have to listen to that later. Another thing I'll have to watch later is the newly released 107 Facts about Friendship is Magic. Surprised it took this long for it to be made.

And also, 45 minutes of Animaniacs PMVs.

Listened to the "Make This Castle a Home" remix and it was good.

Also got around to watching the 107 Facts video. It was interesting, though there were some mistakes like saying Spike appeared in every MLP version (he wasn't in Tales), and more so a lot of cases of failing to mention things that relate to facts mentioned. For instance, he mentions Wilhelm screams in Equestria Girls but fails to point out that they appeared in almost every season 3 episode and other episodes; and when mentioning Doctor Whooves, he fails to bring up that he actually got a speaking role in "Slice of Life". I am glad that he only spent one fact to talk about bronies, though it was to mention the nonsensical explanation that bronies were drawn to the show by the adult references.

Still haven't watched the Animaniacs video.

More importantly, I came to post this

Cheerilee

Off topic, but I just watched the latest Barbie movie, the Jem-inspired "Rock'n Royals".

A mixup sends Princess Barbie to Rock Star Camp while Rock Star Jerrica Erica gets sent to Princess Camp. The two camps then engage in a battle of the bands.

It was both better and worse than I expected. I should have expected the low points, having watched other Barbie movies, but somehow I keep cutting this franchise some extra slack. But then again, the movie had high points, so I'm content.

This song alone says to me that Barbie has already beaten Jem's upcoming big-budget live-action movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLPzEY899f0

Off topic, but I just watched the latest Barbie movie, the Jem-inspired "Rock'n Royals".

A mixup sends Princess Barbie to Rock Star Camp while Rock Star Jerrica Erica gets sent to Princess Camp. The two camps then engage in a battle of the bands.

It was both better and worse than I expected. I should have expected the low points, having watched other Barbie movies, but somehow I keep cutting this franchise some extra slack. But then again, the movie had high points, so I'm content.

This song alone says to me that Barbie has already beaten Jem's upcoming big-budget live-action movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLPzEY899f0
Animation is bland and the song is generic, but yeah, it's probably better sung than anything that will come out of the Jem movie.

Them's Fightin' Herds crowd funding page is finally up.

Some new info is provided of course, but they seem to be missing a character... although they mention on their tumblr account she should be revealed soon.

Yeah, the Rainbow Dash equivalent is still missing. Some are suggesting she will be a flying pig. By the way, there is a topic over on the Gaming side for Them's Fightin' Herds, if you weren't aware.

EDIT: WeLoveFine's adorable Chibi Applejack figure is up for pre-order.
rJAxIJZYYiVbGAY2qQipsvVwQreQgw7u5toMFjwLAFg.jpg

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Someone leaked the art assets from season 1/2.

This might have been the original plan for twilight pre-alicorn:

There's a whole bunch of concept art and flash assets in the leak, pretty good stuff.

Someone leaked the art assets from season 1/2.

This might have been the original plan for twilight pre-alicorn:

There's a whole bunch of concept art and flash assets in the leak, pretty good stuff.

It might be more accurate to say that was the plan for the season 2 finale before Shining Armor's wedding was turned into a two-parter, since I don't think they would have season 3 assets already made.

EDIT: Well-made fan animation about Fancy Pants' own clothing store

Top Bottom