• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community [OT3] Surely You Saw This Coming

Looking through the production images:

* It occurs to me that Twilight in a cap and gown may just have been a dress design for "Suited For Success", given the outfits of the other girls in the same image.
* The flight attendant look for the Wonderbolts(?) is unexpected.
* Trixie not looking super cocky is weirding me out.
* That art of Applejack looking really wrinkled and tired must be from the version of "Applebuck Season" where instead of kicking trees, she hit them with her head. That was meant to be the original explanation for why she got so wonky as the episode went on. Also, back legs bending the wrong way even in old concept art.
* The squirrel and rat look very creepy.
* I admit, when I saw the parasprite art, I at first thought, "Oh, season 2 stuff," but then I remembered that the parasprites were from the first season. My current rewatch session started from season 3, since I was thinking I had to refresh my memory as to what happened in it but I wouldn't have to for the first two seasons, but maybe I do have to rewatch those seasons after all.

I don't usually post Equestria Girls fanwork, but I liked this comic.
sunset_helper_by_uotapo-d9ahvt7.jpg

This Source Film Maker video posted on ED reminds me, while a lot of fans hate the idea of Twilight outliving her friends, what I hate is the idea of Twilight giving up her alicorn status. You could maybe make a case for this at the start of season 4 (or rather, during the long break between seasons 3 and 4), but Twilight has grown comfortable in her new role and her new wings, her relationship with her friends hasn't been impeded (heck, her number of friends has more than doubled since then), and I dislike the idea of giving up power and responsibility just for some sense of nostalgia. Resurrecting her friends and apparently not their other friends and families is also pretty bad to me; that's also why I'm not a fan of the "solution" of the other main six becoming alicorns. You still get a dead Apple Bloom unless you make her an alicorn too, and so on. I'm also not a fan of making everyone immortal, BTW.

I've mentioned before that I'm actually strongly for Twilight being long-lived. I also mentioned that my ideal final episode for the series would be based on the Star Trek: TNG finale, "All Good Things", with Twilight's mind bouncing back and forth between three time periods: shortly before the series started, the "present", and the future. In this case, it would be neat for the future to be about 1000 years in the future, with Twilight more closely resembling Celestia and Luna with their flowing manes. In that future, the other main six are remembered but not alive, and Twilight is teaching a student of her own, with her own friends, and Twilight herself has other friends in the future. When the time trouble is fixed, Twilight in the present talks about how she was hesitant about living a long life, but now she wants to meet all those new friends in her future.

During the first season, people talked about the final episode being about Twilight moving away (quite an absurd premise now) and the lesson being about leaving your friends and how you make new ones at your new place. A story of Twilight outliving her friends should be like that; this season in particular has shown that the worlds of the main characters don't end with each other.

PaulloDEC

This Source Film Maker video posted on ED reminds me, while a lot of fans hate the idea of Twilight outliving her friends, what I hate is the idea of Twilight giving up her alicorn status. You could maybe make a case for this at the start of season 4 (or rather, during the long break between seasons 3 and 4), but Twilight has grown comfortable in her new role and her new wings, her relationship with her friends hasn't been impeded (heck, her number of friends has more than doubled since then), and I dislike the idea of giving up power and responsibility just for some sense of nostalgia. Resurrecting her friends and apparently not their other friends and families is also pretty bad to me; that's also why I'm not a fan of the "solution" of the other main six becoming alicorns. You still get a dead Apple Bloom unless you make her an alicorn too, and so on. I'm also not a fan of making everyone immortal, BTW.

I've mentioned before that I'm actually strongly for Twilight being long-lived. I also mentioned that my ideal final episode for the series would be based on the Star Trek: TNG finale, "All Good Things", with Twilight's mind bouncing back and forth between three time periods: shortly before the series started, the "present", and the future. In this case, it would be neat for the future to be about 1000 years in the future, with Twilight more closely resembling Celestia and Luna with their flowing manes. In that future, the other main six are remembered but not alive, and Twilight is teaching a student of her own, with her own friends, and Twilight herself has other friends in the future. When the time trouble is fixed, Twilight in the present talks about how she was hesitant about living a long life, but now she wants to meet all those new friends in her future.

During the first season, people talked about the final episode being about Twilight moving away (quite an absurd premise now) and the lesson being about leaving your friends and how you make new ones at your new place. A story of Twilight outliving her friends should be like that; this season in particular has shown that the worlds of the main characters don't end with each other.

The problem with every single idea I've come across on this topic is that none of them are compatible with the style of Friendship is Magic. Twilight outliving her friends is too sad. Twilight and her friends outliving everyone else is too sad. All of them living ordinary lives and then dying is too sad. Any scenario that touches on "they're gone, and they're not coming back" territory would just seem out-of-place, to me, regardless of who the "they" actually is.

I guess you could establish an afterlife of some sort to soften the blow, but I think leaving those big questions unanswered remains the best available option.

I really like this look for Fluttershy

And on another note, random thoughts about whatever the next My Little Pony series after Friendship is Magic will be.

It occurs to me that even after Friendship is Magic ends, Equestria Girls could continue as is. It would actually be pretty interesting if that was used as a way to have G4 and G5 characters interact. I mean, it would be odd that the characters apparently never graduate, but they conveniently ignore things already.

I wonder if it would be better for G5 to not share many character names with G4. The creators would surely count on a lot of G4 fans carrying over to G5, and having little overlap between names both makes discussion of both series much easier and makes fans a bit less inclined to immediately dislike a character for not being the same as the previous iteration. Shared character names already makes discussion of Equestria Girls somewhat bothersome.

I imagine that they would be more inclined to make a crossover between G4 and G5 at some point than with previous series. G4 actually has characters that people would want to see again, and it has both dimensional portals and Discord established. However, I would hope that they'd wait until G5 season 2 at least. When Q appeared on Deep Space Nine, the entire episode became about him and that other woman from TNG, since the DS9 crew weren't thought to be established well enough to hold their own, and as a result, the only memorable scene was the part where Sisko punches Q.

The G4 comics would probably continue for a bit after the show ends. My hope is that when it comes time to make G5 comics, they actually hold off for at least a year. A big reason why the G4 comics worked so well is because so many of the people who took part in them were already fans and the characters were established well enough to support several stories.

Even when G5 starts, I hope that G4 doesn't completely stop to make room for it. An annual TV special would be nice.

PaulloDEC

I love the art-style on this one. As you said, Flutters looks great too.

And on another note, random thoughts about whatever the next My Little Pony series after Friendship is Magic will be.

It occurs to me that even after Friendship is Magic ends, Equestria Girls could continue as is. It would actually be pretty interesting if that was used as a way to have G4 and G5 characters interact. I mean, it would be odd that the characters apparently never graduate, but they conveniently ignore things already.

I wonder if it would be better for G5 to not share many character names with G4. The creators would surely count on a lot of G4 fans carrying over to G5, and having little overlap between names both makes discussion of both series much easier and makes fans a bit less inclined to immediately dislike a character for not being the same as the previous iteration. Shared character names already makes discussion of Equestria Girls somewhat bothersome.

I imagine that they would be more inclined to make a crossover between G4 and G5 at some point than with previous series. G4 actually has characters that people would want to see again, and it has both dimensional portals and Discord established. However, I would hope that they'd wait until G5 season 2 at least. When Q appeared on Deep Space Nine, the entire episode became about him and that other woman from TNG, since the DS9 crew weren't thought to be established well enough to hold their own, and as a result, the only memorable scene was the part where Sisko punches Q.

The G4 comics would probably continue for a bit after the show ends. My hope is that when it comes time to make G5 comics, they actually hold off for at least a year. A big reason why the G4 comics worked so well is because so many of the people who took part in them were already fans and the characters were established well enough to support several stories.

Even when G5 starts, I hope that G4 doesn't completely stop to make room for it. An annual TV special would be nice.

It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens in the next few years. FiM and EG both share a fairly distinctive art style, so it'd be quite odd if the later was replaced by a new generation with a new look, while the latter continued on as it is. Would G5 inherit the look of G4? Would EG change to match G5? Many questions.

Re: the names, that just leads me to wonder whether or not G5 will actually have ties to G4. Will they choose to totally reboot, or try to ride the success of G4 by simply jumping to a different place or time within the same established world?

I doubt the G4 comics would continue for long after G4 ends, sadly. I think the best hope for now is that G5 winds up being a worthy successor.

EDIT: Thinking about all this, I figured I'd have a look at the history of Transformers on TV. Man, what an insane mess. Seems like that IP got rebooted about a dozen times, sometimes due to poor performance, other times for no obvious reason at all. Sometimes the reboots pick up and continue the storyline left behind by the previous series, while other times they're completely separate. I'd always understood that people cited this IP as an example of how Hasbro operates in terms of rebooting their franchises, but this stuff seems a million miles away from what the MLP brand has endured.

I'm actually less sure that G5 will be a clean break from G4 now than I was before. MLP seems like a new IP when you put it next to Transformers.

McNum

Comparing Friendship is Magic with Transformers shows does run into an issue after Slice of Life was broadcast this season. That is, we're in uncharted waters now. Before FiM hit the big 100, the longest animated show by Hasbro was G1 Transformers at 99 episodes. And with a sixth season of pony confirmed, it looks like Friendship is Magic will hold that title for quite a while to come.

I do hope that FiM will be allowed to end when the time comes, though. A good proper ending, wrapping up everything nicely. The Transformers series have, thankfully, been allowed to have that final battle between Optimus Prime and Megatron nearly all of them. Both Prime and Transformers Animated got to end properly, with Prime getting a movie epilogue to wrap up one big dragon-shaped loose end and explore the fate of Cybertron itself.

As for what comes after, I believe I've read that part of why Friendship is Magic was created was that Hasbro was lamenting that they didn't have any big recognizable characters for My Little Pony as they do with Transformers (Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream). I would not be surprised to see a new spin on the Mane Six. I mean, only Twilight Sparkle and Rarity have original names, the rest are named after older generations of pony and in Twilight's case, there have been several variations of Twilight [something], just no Sparkle yet.

So I do expect this current, and most successful My Little Pony cartoon to date, to be used as a template going forward. But comparing just how many Optimus Primes there have been, what they share, and how they differ, I'm pretty sure the next Twilight [something] will be familiar, but different. But there will be one, I'm sure. And likely 4-5 of the Mane Six will have variants, too. And Scootaloo, because that's such a wonderfully trademarkable name.

PaulloDEC

Comparing Friendship is Magic with Transformers shows does run into an issue after Slice of Life was broadcast this season. That is, we're in uncharted waters now. Before FiM hit the big 100, the longest animated show by Hasbro was G1 Transformers at 99 episodes. And with a sixth season of pony confirmed, it looks like Friendship is Magic will hold that title for quite a while to come.

I do hope that FiM will be allowed to end when the time comes, though. A good proper ending, wrapping up everything nicely. The Transformers series have, thankfully, been allowed to have that final battle between Optimus Prime and Megatron nearly all of them. Both Prime and Transformers Animated got to end properly, with Prime getting a movie epilogue to wrap up one big dragon-shaped loose end and explore the fate of Cybertron itself.

As for what comes after, I believe I've read that part of why Friendship is Magic was created was that Hasbro was lamenting that they didn't have any big recognizable characters for My Little Pony as they do with Transformers (Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Starscream). I would not be surprised to see a new spin on the Mane Six. I mean, only Twilight Sparkle and Rarity have original names, the rest are named after older generations of pony and in Twilight's case, there have been several variations of Twilight [something], just no Sparkle yet.

So I do expect this current, and most successful My Little Pony cartoon to date, to be used as a template going forward. But comparing just how many Optimus Primes there have been, what they share, and how they differ, I'm pretty sure the next Twilight [something] will be familiar, but different. But there will be one, I'm sure. And likely 4-5 of the Mane Six will have variants, too. And Scootaloo, because that's such a wonderfully trademarkable name.

Lots of interesting points in here. This whole IP has become such a fascinating thing over the last few years. What you said about this being uncharted territory for MLP rings especially true; audiences are used to the idea of Transformers being rebooted again and again with key characters remaining present, but is that something they'll accept with MLP? Would Hasbro even care if they lost the prestige they earned by having FiM stand up as a fresh, unique TV series, or would selling toys remain enough? So many questions.

Something else I keep coming back to on this subject, is that Hasbro by this point must surely have a plan for the MLP IP, and had it not been for the film announcement it would've seemed like a really simple one: make FiM on TV until the marketing people say it's time to refresh the brand.

The film is such a weird aberration, though. At five seasons with a sixth locked in, FiM is surely closer to the end of its life than the beginning. Logic would dictate (to me, anyway) that if that were the case, I'd be saving my money for launching the next generation, not spending it on a generation I'm about to kill. And yet here's the FiM movie, Hasbro's first foray into in-house film production, with it's own brand-new film unit no less.

Which just brings me back to the original question: what's the plan? Is the film a bridge between G4 and G5? Is G4 simply not ending, with the film being Hasbro's attempt to build upon what the TV series started? Is it really just a parting gift for G4 fans before the generation ends, with no ulterior motive on Hasbro's end (besides making a few standalone bucks)? Why a FiM film, here, now?

Cheerilee

EDIT: Thinking about all this, I figured I'd have a look at the history of Transformers on TV. Man, what an insane mess. Seems like that IP got rebooted about a dozen times, sometimes due to poor performance, other times for no obvious reason at all. Sometimes the reboots pick up and continue the storyline left behind by the previous series, while other times they're completely separate. I'd always understood that people cited this IP as an example of how Hasbro operates in terms of rebooting their franchises, but this stuff seems a million miles away from what the MLP brand has endured.

I'm actually less sure that G5 will be a clean break from G4 now than I was before. MLP seems like a new IP when you put it next to Transformers.

Transformers gets a lot less complicated when you ignore the stuff Takara was making to keep the Japanese market busy, and just focus on Hasbro. Also, combine some matching sets.

- G1.
- Major movie event.
- More G1, with a different flavor.

- Beast Wars. Loosely a sequel to G1. Showrunners get fired after a great run. Attempted rebrand under new showrunners fails.

- Unicron trilogy. A reboot (it's one show with three names to try and make it seem more important). Does well targeting younger kids, but they don't develop the kind of attachment that G1 got.

- Transformers Animated. A reboot. A lighthearted attempt to cater to dual audiences with a show for kids featuring G1 nostalgia. Got cancelled because Hasbro Studios wanted to start making exclusive new TF for The Hub.

- Transformers Prime. A reboot. A more serious two-audience show for older kids, making it easier to accept by adult standards. It crashed and burned and lost it's showrunners around the time that Twilight Sparkle got her wings. An attempted rebrand under new showrunners has shifted the target audience back to younger kids.

Unlike MLP (which got steadily worse over the years), Transformers G1 has lasting appeal, and all of it's subsequent iterations have been popular, in different ways, until they crash and burn, which is inevitable.

I think MLP:FIM is like the new G1 of MLP. It already survived two pitfalls (the loss of Lauren Faust, and the S3 crash), but I'm sure there are more troubles waiting in the wings. All good things must come to an end. Either that, or they live long enough to become the villain like the Simpsons.

MLP will soon have trouble balancing it's current audience of little girls with a brand new audience of little girls, with bronies. If even one starts to fade (and everything fades), I'm sure Hasbro will try to "fix it" and probably end up breaking it worse.

I expect that the major movie event is going to be a shakeup to try and "fix" MLP:FIM, not a series ender or a reboot.

Oh right, I forgot about Hasbro wanting recognizable characters for the franchise, meaning that the next series would likely have characters with similar names and roles--a point that I've made myself in the past.

As for what they're intending with the FiM movie, it's hard to say. Well, they clearly have the goal of gaining more mainstream popularity for the show, since the show in the US still only airs on a network few people get, but what they plan on using the new popularity for is unclear. I don't think they'd use the movie to introduce G5, since establishing the cast of G4 alone for an audience expected to be unfamiliar with them would probably take some time. Plus, I think Hasbro learned their lesson about using movies to switch generations. If they attempt to "fix" the franchise with the movie, I don't expect it will be too bad, since we still have the same show crew working on it.

The reasonable assumption given that is that they want G4 to continue on for a few more years, and the thing holding that back is the fact that Hasbro has never had a generation run on this long before. But as stated, this is uncharted waters for Hasbro, so who'd know what they'd do? Perhaps introducing Equestria Girls was enough of a "refresh" for the franchise for now? I hear that it sells well with little girls.

PaulloDEC

Transformers gets a lot less complicated when you ignore the stuff Takara was making to keep the Japanese market busy, and just focus on Hasbro. Also, combine some matching sets.

- G1.
- Major movie event.
- More G1, with a different flavor.

- Beast Wars. Loosely a sequel to G1. Showrunners get fired after a great run. Attempted rebrand under new showrunners fails.

- Unicron trilogy. A reboot (it's one show with three names to try and make it seem more important). Does well targeting younger kids, but they don't develop the kind of attachment that G1 got.

- Transformers Animated. A reboot. A lighthearted attempt to cater to dual audiences with a show for kids featuring G1 nostalgia. Got cancelled because Hasbro Studios wanted to start making exclusive new TF for The Hub.

- Transformers Prime. A reboot. A more serious two-audience show for older kids, making it easier to accept by adult standards. It crashed and burned and lost it's showrunners around the time that Twilight Sparkle got her wings. An attempted rebrand under new showrunners has shifted the target audience back to younger kids.

Unlike MLP (which got steadily worse over the years), Transformers G1 has lasting appeal, and all of it's subsequent iterations have been popular, in different ways, until they crash and burn, which is inevitable.

Thanks for posting all that. The Transformers wikipedia page is well-written, but the whole thing is still pretty confusing.

I think MLP:FIM is like the new G1 of MLP. It already survived two pitfalls (the loss of Lauren Faust, and the S3 crash), but I'm sure there are more troubles waiting in the wings. All good things must come to an end. Either that, or they live long enough to become the villain like the Simpsons.

MLP will soon have trouble balancing it's current audience of little girls with a brand new audience of little girls, with bronies. If even one starts to fade (and everything fades), I'm sure Hasbro will try to "fix it" and probably end up breaking it worse.

I expect that the major movie event is going to be a shakeup to try and "fix" MLP:FIM, not a series ender or a reboot.

As for what they're intending with the FiM movie, it's hard to say. Well, they clearly have the goal of gaining more mainstream popularity for the show, since the show in the US still only airs on a network few people get, but what they plan on using the new popularity for is unclear. I don't think they'd use the movie to introduce G5, since establishing the cast of G4 alone for an audience expected to be unfamiliar with them would probably take some time. Plus, I think Hasbro learned their lesson about using movies to switch generations. If they attempt to "fix" the franchise with the movie, I don't expect it will be too bad, since we still have the same show crew working on it.

The shakeup/fix explanation seems like a logical one, and after six seasons with the same formula maybe they're not wrong to consider that.

The reasonable assumption given that is that they want G4 to continue on for a few more years, and the thing holding that back is the fact that Hasbro has never had a generation run on this long before. But as stated, this is uncharted waters for Hasbro, so who'd know what they'd do? Perhaps introducing Equestria Girls was enough of a "refresh" for the franchise for now? I hear that it sells well with little girls.

It's a good question. Would they reboot a successful generation in anticipation of slumping sales/success, or actually wait for the slump? And how EG fits in is another good question; do the sales/success of that line affect the FiM line, or is it considered entirely its own thing?

PaulloDEC

Oh hey, that Friendship is Epic fangame is still coming. New video released, showing the title screen and lobby. I forgot how great that fan remix of "Celestia's Ballad" was. Even if the gameplay is dull and repetitive, like in the gameplay trailer, at least it will be visually impressive.

Oh hey, I'd forgotten about this one. Love the Tree of Harmony scene, super pretty. As you say, pity the game itself looks so dull. I'm partial to Horse Game myself.

And yeah, Melodic Pony's orchestral remixes are incredible, and I refuse to pass up a chance to repost them.

Return of Harmony

Princess Twilight

History of Ponyville

Love Conquers All

Huh, the first two Equestria Girls movies got Japanese dubs, despite the show's dub stopping at season 2. They're apparently exclusive to Japanese Netflix.

Sunset Shimmer in Japanese (first movie transformation scene) - Sounds fine, given the scene used.
Dazzlings in Japanese (Rainbow Rocks opening scene) - They have pretty good voices.

I guess this partially explains why an oddly high percentage of Japanese fan art is based on Equestria Girls.

EDIT: Such as:

EDIT: And in not-pony news, Littlest Pet Shop will end with season 4, at 104 episodes, which notably still means it will be longer than Transformers, thus becoming the second-longest running single Hasbro TV show after FiM.

Cheerilee

Is Littlest Pet Shop any good?

I'd say it's a definite step down from MLP:FIM or even Equestria Girls.

The songs (from Danny Ingram, same as MLP) are good, and it shares some voice actors with MLP (Ashleigh Ball gets top billing), but the characters and stories leave a lot to be desired. I felt that the primary villains, the Biskit Twins, were the only interesting characters, so I spent most of my time bored, waiting for them to show up and burn the world down (I know they never will, but that just makes me root for them even harder, knowing that their undeserving world won't ever give them a fair chance to win).

LPS isn't as bad as some of the stuff out there, but there are better ways to spend your time.

Is Littlest Pet Shop any good?

Also, just found out that one of my local cinemas here in the UK is going to be showing Friendship Games, woo!

It's decent. Note that the opening two parter is significantly worse than the rest of the series, and that season 2, for whatever reason, felt weaker than the others to me. However, there are some fun stories and characters, some good songs, and a decent amount of continuity. However, the world isn't particularly interesting, and some of the random animal designs are kind of creepy or take too many liberties with the original animal.

... Did this already come out? Is it a special or a series? I don't even know.

From TV Tropes:

Filly Funtasia is an upcoming All-CGI Cartoon show based on Filly, a German line of pony dolls (which has been around since 2006) and produced by the Spanish company BRB Internacional, who also made The World of David the Gnome and Around the World with Willy Fog. It is about a group of royal ponies who attend a magic academy. The show is subject to some controversy due to its similarity to the My Little Pony franchise.

It even has it's own Equestria Daily-esque site: http://www.funtasiadaily.com/

Tritroid

OMG, the
CMC finally got their marks.

:*( :*( :*(

Great episode to celebrate the show's 5th anniversary...even though the songs were pretty underwhelming.

The CMC's all having similar marks was smart, but each of them being different adds to further development down the road. Like, why is Sweaty Belle's mark a music note inside a star..? The same goes for a heart inside an apple, or a lightning bolt inside a wing.

PaulloDEC

OMG, the
CMC finally got their marks.

:*( :*( :*(

Great episode to celebrate the show's 5th anniversary...even though the songs were pretty underwhelming.

The CMC's all having similar marks was smart, but each of them being different adds to further development down the road. Like, why is Sweaty Belle's mark a music note inside a star..? The same goes for a heart inside an apple, or a lightning bolt inside a wing.

If you're interested in chatting about the new episode, you might want to check out the Season 5 OT :)

Oh hey, for the fifth anniversary, someone recreated the Night of Pony video using sources from season 2 instead of season 1 (original). The original is better at keeping a high energy, and generally has better editing and clip choices, but I like the idea. By the way, looking back on the original, it's funny how for the "more male characters than K-ON" gag, they had to did down to incidental characters with only one line.

And this song is nice. "My Wings", about Cadance and Shining Armor.

brian577

Banned
Picked up the Art of Equestria book, it's pretty comprehensive. There's an interview with Faust, concept art for pretty much every location, creature, and major and minor characters. Also some fan art and a forward by Jayson Thiessen. Very impressive.

PaulloDEC

Picked up the Art of Equestria book, it's pretty comprehensive. There's an interview with Faust, concept art for pretty much every location, creature, and major and minor characters. Also some fan art and a forward by Jayson Thiessen. Very impressive.

Gah, I'm jealous. Ordered mine from Book Depository this afternoon, but I doubt I'll have it in my hands for a good while yet.

Orcastar

Oh man, didn't know she'd taken it down entirely. You win this round, Orca.

Extra glad I downloaded everything as it appeared.

It happened a while ago, last year maybe. Or the year before? Anyway, I remember her saying that it had become a source of anxiety for her or something and that she didn't want to work on it anymore. That's fine and all, but I still don't get why she had to take the entire thing down because of it. It's a real shame since Slice of Life was was easily the best MLP fan comic ever made, better than many of the official comics even.

PaulloDEC

It happened a while ago, last year maybe. Or the year before? Anyway, I remember her saying that it had become a source of anxiety for her or something and that she didn't want to work on it anymore. That's fine and all, but I still don't get why she had to take the entire thing down because of it. It's a real shame since Slice of Life was was easily the best MLP fan comic ever made, better than many of the official comics even.

I knew she'd given up working on it, but I hadn't realised (or remembered, possibly) that it'd been taken offline entirely. As you say, it's probably the best MLP fan comic in existence, so it's a shame it won't be as easy to find now.

Still, very little that gets posted online is ever really gone for good. That's something, at least.

draetenth

I actually thought Ego had completely left after Slice of Life, didn't realize she was still around. Glad to see as she is a talented artist.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Just try to avoid the huge spoiler it has.

Orcastar

I actually thought Ego had completely left after Slice of Life, didn't realize she was still around. Glad to see as she is a talented artist.

Not to mention a talented storyteller. I hope she attempts a new narrative project sometime soon.

She still posts her art on Tumblr fairly frequently, although not all of it is related to ponies. Then there's Steamequestria, which has shown signs of having an overaching narrative, but at the rate she's updating it nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually suffered the same fate as Slice.

The impression I've gotten elsewhere is that the Art of Equestria book doesn't actually cover anything from the second half of season 5, so I too am curious about this spoiler.

Nohar

Well, turns out a fanmade sequel is currently being made to Turnabout Storm (made by NeoArtimus). It is called Elements Of Justice, and is headed by TheAljavis. New and old characters will appear, most will be new voice actors, but TheGoldCrow will be reprising his role as Phoenix Wright.

I'm a little excited, though still quite cautious. NeoArtimus's writing was top notch, and I am not familiar with TheAljavis, so I don't know if he/she will be able to do as good as her predecessor (that being said, the revamped songs of Turnabout Storm are quite nice).

There will be 5 cases in total. He wants to release a trailer by the end of the year, and release the first case by Spring 2016.

Wait and see I guess.

Nohar

Well, personally, I found Part 3 (Phoenix & Twilight) to be too long. Thanksfully we got Part 4 right after that (that cross examination of
Gilda
was amazing) and Part 5, both of which were very, very good.

Top Bottom