• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"NAG" gaming forum steals GAF layout, ToS, announcements, even tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

traveler

Not Wario
Kaijima said:
This makes a fair amount of sense, so I'm not sure how much impact it's going to have around here ;)

NeoGAF is a little too Internet Hawkish and always looking for something to dig claws into and rip apart, I think, however much it is deserved.

Thing is, as far as I know, Miktar has never /hidden/ his NeoGAF influence on NAG or where he gets the quoted text from, over on that forum. Everybody /knows/ about the whole deal and always has. Dare I suggest that GAF is freaking out in part because it takes itself a little too seriously? On the Internet? (Never!)

Of course, there is the now-discovered "furry" factor, which, being the Internet, means for a lot of GAF it is somehow reason enough to never drop it and squeeze as much blood as possible from it. And forum invade, wank off on IRC, whatever. It's times like this when I get a kick out of how much more evolved GAF likes to think it is over places like Gamefaqs.

(I'm actually amused by this angle. And for posterity, Ed Kock / Miktar is 27 years of age.)

Oh God, it's too obvious:

"touching his inner dragon nightly"

:lol :lol :lol

Hmm, maybe. I can't lie, I think it's kinda funny feathers are being ruffled because of this, because they shouldn't be.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery & obviously it's an ex-Gaffer who appreciated the GAF layout and set up. relax just ask him to change the words up a bit and enjoy that GAF has left a positive impact on the guy and let it be.

It's no big deal and besides all this is going to do is give his forum a huge spike in hits and also new members migrating from GAF, esp ones that are banned or will be soon. (hopefully not me , lol)

Dragons don't have feathers.

BobTheFork said:
Single handedly fighting the GAF armies, :lol :lol :lol
this is getting weird
You know, I have lost all words that might describe this situation. Props to Miktar. Weird, strange props, but props nonetheless.

DJ Sl4m

Miktar said:
Because I like the curve.

[image]http://members.cox.net/djslam/Temp/hippo34dr.gif[/image]

Coverly said:
imitation.jpg

There is a difference between Imitation and flat out shameless rip-off.

Of course, that goes without saying, but giving them the attention he needs for more hits and new members isn't the solution.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Artadius said:
The folks who usually say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery are the folks doing the imitating, not the imitated...
If Miktar wants his own forum with minimalist styling and similiar mindset, that's fantastic. I just wish he'd kill signatures as all forums should.

The problem is that he can't think of any of this shit up on his own and thinks copy/pasting passes as merely "imitation". :p

itxaka

Defeatist
Kaijima said:
This makes a fair amount of sense, so I'm not sure how much impact it's going to have around here ;)

NeoGAF is a little too Internet Hawkish and always looking for something to dig claws into and rip apart, I think, however much it is deserved.

Thing is, as far as I know, Miktar has never /hidden/ his NeoGAF influence on NAG or where he gets the quoted text from, over on that forum. Everybody /knows/ about the whole deal and always has. Dare I suggest that GAF is freaking out in part because it takes itself a little too seriously? On the Internet? (Never!)

Of course, there is the now-discovered "furry" factor, which, being the Internet, means for a lot of GAF it is somehow reason enough to never drop it and squeeze as much blood as possible from it. And forum invade, wank off on IRC, whatever. It's times like this when I get a kick out of how much more evolved GAF likes to think it is over places like Gamefaqs.

(I'm actually amused by this angle. And for posterity, Ed Kock / Miktar is 27 years of age.)

Kaijima

touching his inner dragon nightly

The jokes...

Miktar said:
Hey, I always quoted the original thread authors - and everyone on NAG knows I get it from NeoGAF as a favour (since we get internationally hardcapped if we go over a certain amount of bandwidth, ISP defendant).

The ToS and forum descriptions I'll changed, and all the FAQ stuff.

Anything else?

Yes, there's just one thing:

supersuechan_uberbunny.jpg

DO I MAKE YOU HORNY, BABY? DO I!?

Z_Y said:
What about satisfying us GAF users? We are scarred. I'd rather you not be a furry. Shit is creepy as hell.

Considering the pagecount on this thread - I think you got as much blood from my stone as you can, really. Without using powertools.

Kosma

Banned
Everybody has custom tag on NAG. Fail.

I really hope Miktar doesn't get one now here. I would be most upset.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
pje122 said:
Kaijima
touching his inner dragon nightly
(Today, 03:25 PM)
Reply | Quote

:(

What, you never noticed this tag before? I've had it for years here :lol I think Dragona might have come up with it, I'm not sure.

I'm happy with it; it both services GAF's furry paranoia (*tips hat*) and inadvertently means more than GAF would imagine, and not to do with furry fans :lol

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
What kind of a fucking retard replicates a forum? Seriously. Get a fucking grip, Miktar. You've created a new meaning for the word 'pathetic'.

oo Kosma oo said:
Everybody has custom tag on NAG. Fail.

I really hope Miktar doesn't get one now here. I would be most upset.

My platform is "free tags for everyone I like".

Osaka said:
What kind of a fucking retard replicates a forum? Seriously. Get a fucking grip, Miktar. You've created a new meaning for the word 'pathetic'.

Hey - that means I've actually done something for once. Rock.

muckhole

Miktar said:
My platform is "free tags for everyone I like".

Hey - that means I've actually done something for once. Rock.

C'mon man. When I first came into the thread, I thought maybe GAF was being hard on you. But with the wholesale copying you've got going on....

gutshot

General Lee D. Mented said:
Actually I've left as of the 31st, need to update that. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm also Miktar's husband BTW.

So where do you work? Or are you just one of those basement dwellers who browses forums and digs up people's history on google all day?

You're a dragon?

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Had to post in this thread... simply another hilarious chapter in the history of GAF....

eznark

Banned
Actually I've left as of the 31st, need to update that. Thanks for the reminder.

So where do you work? Or are you just one of those basement dwellers who browses forums and digs up people's history on google all day?

oh no

Ferrio

Banned

Are you the curve?

itxaka

Defeatist

Are you the one who got booted for being a drunk? :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom