• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"NAG" gaming forum steals GAF layout, ToS, announcements, even tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
EviLore said:
Please remove the copied Terms of Service, the copied forum descriptions, the copied announcement(s), the copied FAQ forum posts, the copied threads, and anything else taken from here.

Hey, I always quoted the original thread authors - and everyone on NAG knows I get it from NeoGAF as a favour (since we get internationally hardcapped if we go over a certain amount of bandwidth, ISP defendant).

The ToS and forum descriptions I'll changed, and all the FAQ stuff.

Anything else?

General Lee D. Mented said:
But it's not an exact copy. For instance, I don't think I've seen a thread on there with nearly as much hate and immature bashing as this one. So guess GAF's always gonna win out in that category.

You're an idiot.

bud

Miktar said:
Yeah, I modelled those forums (our little corner here in South Africa) after NeoGAF, which has been the inspiration for me to even try and have a gaming forum around these parts again.

I appreciated how NeoGAF does things, and wanted to emulate that.

I'm sorry if I ripped NeoGAF off, and I'm willing to make any changes that'd satisfy the NeoGAF admins.

dude, you're a furry

change yourself

eznark

Banned
Miktar said:
Do you really want to know?

is the dude sleeping with the dragon already gay, or does sleeping with a male dragon make him gay? And what about the fire breathing, that has to pose problems.

Ferrio

Banned
NAG won't be complete without Peach...

peach2.jpg

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
EviLore said:
Please remove the copied Terms of Service, the copied forum descriptions, the copied announcement(s), the copied FAQ forum posts, the copied threads, and anything else taken from here.

And that'll leave.....what?

edit: damn, beaten.

Coverly

DJ Sl4m said:
Hmm, maybe. I can't lie, I think it's kinda funny feathers are being ruffled because of this, because they shouldn't be.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery & obviously it's an ex-Gaffer who appreciated the GAF layout and set up. relax just ask him to change the words up a bit and enjoy that GAF has left a positive impact on the guy and let it be.

It's no big deal and besides all this is going to do is give his forum a huge spike in hits and also new members migrating from GAF, esp ones that are banned or will be soon. (hopefully not me , lol)

imitation.jpg

There is a difference between Imitation and flat out shameless rip-off.

DJ Sl4m

TheExodu5 said:
New NAG member: Dehsurc...CONFIRMED!

Nah, I'm content with a mix of GAF, OA & FG. I don't think I could stomach a forum filled with beefcake dog faced dragon fuckers. :rollin

Artadius

The folks who usually say that imitation is the greatest form of flattery are the folks doing the imitating, not the imitated...

Z_Y

Miktar said:
Yeah, I modelled those forums (our little corner here in South Africa) after NeoGAF, which has been the inspiration for me to even try and have a gaming forum around these parts again.

I appreciated how NeoGAF does things, and wanted to emulate that.

I'm sorry if I ripped NeoGAF off, and I'm willing to make any changes that'd satisfy the NeoGAF admins.

What about satisfying us GAF users? We are scarred. I'd rather you not be a furry. Shit is creepy as hell.

AdamBot

EviLore said:

Sweet, sweet vindication.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
DJ Sl4m said:
Hmm, maybe. I can't lie, I think it's kinda funny feathers are being ruffled because of this, because they shouldn't be.

Imitation is the highest form of flattery & obviously it's an ex-Gaffer who appreciated the GAF layout and set up. relax just ask him to change the words up a bit and enjoy that GAF has left a positive impact on the guy and let it be.

It's no big deal and besides all this is going to do is give his forum a huge spike in hits and also new members migrating from GAF, esp ones that are banned or will be soon. (hopefully not me , lol)

This makes a fair amount of sense, so I'm not sure how much impact it's going to have around here ;)

NeoGAF is a little too Internet Hawkish and always looking for something to dig claws into and rip apart, I think, however much it is deserved.

Thing is, as far as I know, Miktar has never /hidden/ his NeoGAF influence on NAG or where he gets the quoted text from, over on that forum. Everybody /knows/ about the whole deal and always has. Dare I suggest that GAF is freaking out in part because it takes itself a little too seriously? On the Internet? (Never!)

Of course, there is the now-discovered "furry" factor, which, being the Internet, means for a lot of GAF it is somehow reason enough to never drop it and squeeze as much blood as possible from it. And forum invade, wank off on IRC, whatever. It's times like this when I get a kick out of how much more evolved GAF likes to think it is over places like Gamefaqs.

(I'm actually amused by this angle. And for posterity, Ed Kock / Miktar is 27 years of age.)

besiktas1

Dude your avatar has a new but creepier meaning.... :/
Sorry for my crappy dragons, they are no way as well drawn (read: wierd) as yours

24zj81i.jpg

Also we need to think of a tag for him,
I vote for:
Dragon-loving copycat wierdo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom