• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2.0 Error Reporting & Feedback Thread

PtM

Banned
My ignore list is gone.
So is my watch list? I deleted one selection from it, and now it's empty.

Oh wait, the upper option is for deleting all of your watch list? I didn't read that, if only not for the confirmation dialogue going wider than my phone screen.

Ugh.

Last edited:

Ultimadrago

I'm not sure if things were skipped over since the threads were merged, but an option to block/hide threads would be appreciated.

Coreda

It's a shame the original avatars weren't carried over. Appears uploading a non-square avatar with the current software forces it into a square.

Also only on the light theme are additional user details like date of registration and the like counter beneath user handles hidden, on the dark theme it's still visible.

freoleo29

The page seems quite a bit more zoomed in on Gaf now, can't fit as much writing on the page and can't see as many threads on the threads page.

On a 13 inch Mac, is there any way to fix this?

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I don't know if this is a glitch or done deliberately, but when I click on "Your content" to see my posts, I'm missing everything since November of 2012.
On the plus side, turns out I've been posting since 2011.

Another "issue" is that many people's names are oddly word-wrapped. I think just shrinking the font size or increasing the left margin should fix it, but it currently looks pretty weird.

Check the search now, remember at the last page there is a button with "See older results"

Gromph

Staff Member
Whats the problem with avatars? Can anyone explain to me so i can debug it?

Thank you.

Gromph

Staff Member
By the way all old links should redirect now to the corresponding thread or post in the new forum.

All links which have m.neogaf.com need to be converted to www.neogaf.com/forum/ for the redirection work.

OrionFalls

Thank you.
Unable to upload or change via the mobile site, at least on mine. It just displays the first picture you upload.

I also think transparency doesn’t work.

Last edited:

Shifty

The page bottom ads are blowing out the page width for me on mobile. Everything else displays at the correct page width, but the ad extends halfway off the screen and turns on horizontal scrolling.

+1 for the font size complaints too, it looks good on my desktop monitor but the entry height in the thread list is too big on mobile. I can't see as much as on the old site.

Thank you.

I uploaded mine and it cropped the bottom off. Not sure what the native res is offhand, but it's not 400x400 exactly.

The upload page allows you to drag the preview around and choose which subregion of the image you want to use, but it doesn't appear to actually change anything when you save it.

Last edited:

Alx

In the old mobile version, I liked the right arrow next to each thread title, that let you jump to the last message. I don't think it's there any more, but it would be nice to have it back.

Btw avatar issues seem to be solved on my end (it's slightly annoying that you can't use non-square images without having them cropped, but I can do with that).

Last edited:

Artistic

Easier access to the theme options? Or better implementation so I don't have to constantly change it each time I log in?

Alx

You can choose it from the very bottom of every page via the footer.

Oh there's a small issue with that footer in the Edge browser btw : the browser usually displays in the lower left corner the transcription of the link under the mouse cursor. Since it's the exact same position as the "change theme" link, you can't easily click on it since it is hidden by its own context hint (it works if you double-click, but it's not too intuitive).

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Maybe I just need to delete my temp files, but I'm no longer getting the Gaf logo top left on any page? Its just white.

Also, now there's no way to get to the last page of a thread from what I can see? You have to click the thread, scroll down or hit the go to bottom button, then hit the last page button. Bit long winded.

jdforge

Not sure if already mentioned but if you pinch the screen on iOS mobile - the screen doesn’t reset to the normal size.

Rox598

Thank you.

Seems that when you upload a new one it still shows the one you had previously. Even when deleting the old one and uploading one it still shows the first one you uploaded and sometimes a cache clear didn't work

Daffy Duck

Looking fresh.

EDIT: What's up with the avatar? What size should it be now? It's my old avatar but it should more and not be focused in like that, is there a new resolution it should be?

Last edited:

Shifty

Not sure if already mentioned but if you pinch the screen on iOS mobile - the screen doesn’t reset to the normal size.

I'm getting this too, I think it's the big-ass ad at the bottom making the page too wide.

Interesting that it's only happening for some users- probably a device profile / screen size thing.

This was suppose to be an improvement over the original design? Could have fooled me.

Constructive.

Last edited:

educator

Yea, I hope this gets fixed soon.

As for the mobile version, I miss being able to jump to the last page in a thread. Hopefully that should be easy to fix.

Nice job!

This forum has more features, but the old layout looked more elegant. I do miss the old layout already. And I recommend since you have this software, doing visual warnings/bans like they do on resetera.

I'm happy with the back to top button though.

Last edited by a moderator:

lil puff

The new white look blends in better with opened windows at work, so I like it!

And thanks to the mods that allowed me to post here again.

I used to click on the logo behind the thread title to jump to the new posts. It doesn't seem to work anymore, is there any way to do it without having to enter the thread and click on the "jump to new" button?

Edit: Nevermind, clicking on the thread title does it now. Wasn't working due to the upgrade, everything's unread :)

Last edited:

Pejo

I can't find how to turn off avatars and images like on old GAF, will that be possible?

Also when I try to click that animated avatar thread in the OT, I get this:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator.

Grinchy

Banned
The avatar uploading still seems to be funky. I'm starting to wonder if there is just a time limit on how often it is allowing us to upload or crop an avatar.

Yesterday, it wouldn't let me change or crop mine after the first upload. Today, I was able to get it to crop, but after doing so, it is back to not letting me change or crop it again.

I'm doing a test now where I've uploaded a 400x400 red square and I'll see how long it takes for the server to actually display that image instead of the one that's currently showing.

Last edited:

OrionFalls

Avatar transparency seems to be disabled across the board, too.

Members who previously had transparent avatars, myself included, no longer do.

pWmWzJx.png

My avatar isn't showing properly even after edit. Like the new look.

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
OrionFalls OrionFalls
I think that's actually something else. It does look like they're still transparent but there now seems to be a square space where the avatars are shown which can make them look like they're actually square.

If you try dragging your avatar across the screen it should still show as transparent. That's how it looks to me anyway.

The Main Event The Main Event
I'm wondering if that's actually due to a caching issue as it looks different on my screen.
1206.jpg

Blam

Any particular reason why you don’t want post times? And what constitutes spamming the like button?
Because I like to post in multiple threads, and contributing to them with a 45 (30?) second timer is a bit slow, and I think the forum would benifit from maybe a 20 or 15 second timer then what it is now. I'm not wanting it gone but just lowered. Also k91191 has literally spam liked a bunch of comments.

longdi

Banned
I still dont like the new fonts and blank spacing.
Quoted post have too small fonts.
Main page thread titles are too bluish, too boldy and stubby.
The poster status on the left is taking too much space, joined: likes: name: member and tons of wasted space. Too much empty space for my eyes.

reading on PC mode here.

Top Bottom