• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF 2.0 Error Reporting & Feedback Thread

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Themes are back! Nice.

Also, I’d wager that quite a few of the people that are complaining about the “like” button have never used one on a forum before.

I’ve been frequenting another forum for 3-4 years. It uses a very similar setup (probably Xenforo too). It took some getting used to, but I love it now.

Let’s say someone posts a classic GAF hilarious gif for example. Instead of post after post, clogging up the thread of “you so funny” and “I luv gaf gifs”, you can just like the original post instead and it sends the author the same message.

There are also many times where you may be conversing with somebody and you can “like” their post, to let them know that you’ve read what they have wrote, when a response from you is not required.

There are a ton of examples and situations like this. Comparing it to Reddit is silly imo, Reddit is a shitty mess of a website.

I hope the button stays.

Last edited:

JaxBriggs

Everything looks good but I agree with others saying they're not fans of the 'like' system. That sort of thing seems at odds considering the old toxicity that GAF is trying to distance itself from.

Looks great. Looking forward to dark theme.

Edit: didn't realize dark theme was already available. Looks good.

Last edited:
I noticed that my original email, which I used to sign up for an account but then changed after a while, became my account email again (had to re-change my email).

Keihart

Notifications for when you get quoted seems great, i don't have to stalk a thread to be aware now.

Last edited:

shpankey

not an idiot
The Like system is fine. It has no effect other than allowing a user to see his/her post was appreciated by others. There’s no consequences or effects.

Reizo Ryuu

Mind posting a screenshot, might be a caching issue with XF2 right now...

91ded09700.png

MaKTaiL

How do I switch to Dark Mode again? Can't seem to figure it out. (mobile mode)

EDIT

Nevermind, just found it under Preferences.

Last edited:

SDCowboy

The dark style has the same quote styling as the light style, making it really hard to read.
I just wish I knew how to even switch to the dark theme. I had it this morning, now it's the white and I don't know how to change back.

edit: nvm I found it

Last edited:

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Experiencing this too.

I applied a fix for this, it should be working now.

this thread just doesnt work for me. says "oops something went wrong, contact an administrator"

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/mobilegaf.1460447/

There was a cache problem at the beginning of the migration, basically because how the old environment was set and some users didn't saw the forum closed so they were able to post and that was not included in the migration.

I noticed that my original email, which I used to sign up for an account but then changed after a while, became my account email again (had to re-change my email).

That's sounds estrange, please PM the email you had before, and i will check.

Timan

Developer
The my quotes highlight should be fixed on the dark theme now.

You can change your theme in the footer

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
Currently I can't edit old posts, is this just a temp issue that will be resolved or is it a decision you guys made that won't be reversed?
Can you do this now?

There did seem to be a delay with some of those buttons appearing but the themes are bing worked on as we speak so it may have changed for you now.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I applied a fix for this, it should be working now.

Nice, it's working for me now. Thanks! A couple of things I posted in the other thread that I guess might be bugs and better addressed here:

Old links to posts/threads don't seem to work at the moment (they just redirect to neogaf.com). Will those eventually be restored or are they lost forever?

Also when I look at my own personal post history, it's missing...a lot. It seems to be a random slice of posts from 2012.

Since then I've noticed my history also includes all new posts I've made since the migration. But the huge gap between 2012 and now still remains, as does the gap between my join date (2006) and 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Nice, it's working for me now. Thanks! A couple of things I posted in the other thread that I guess might be bugs and better addressed here:

Since then I've noticed my history also includes all new posts I've made since the migration. But the huge gap between 2012 and now still remains, as does the gap between my join date (2006) and 2012.

No, adding that import log delayed the migration a few days.
For the search the index is actually rebuilding, so will be ok in a few hours.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
No, adding that import log delayed the migration a few days.
For the search the index is actually rebuilding, so will be ok in a few hours.

Great! I was hoping (and sort of assumed) that would be the case, but it's nice to have confirmation.

Mr. Grumpy

Grumpy see, Grumpy do.
I've just noticed that there are two versions of these feedback threads, one in gaming and one in Off Topic and they aren't connected. I didn't realise there was two separate unconnected threads.

This is the link to the one in the Off-Topic thread, some of your questions may already have been answered there - NeoGAF 2.0 Error reporting

I really like the overall aesthetics of the new forum, though I'm torn on it filling the width of the page. That happened before of course, but it didn't extend to the "Create Thread" page. Given the larger typefaces it also means you see less when composing a thread.

As with others I'd rather have the term 'Likes' out of the picture:
  • Rename Likes to "bookmark" or "watch post"
  • Have/keep this information unavailable to other users - so it is basically a personal library. It would be nice to bookmark super-resourceful posts that I'd like to refer to later or quote later, but I'm not a fan of it having some kind of emotional attachment to it.
---

I am having issues creating threads though on the latest version of Microsoft Edge. I can enter a title, but the box for the message doesn't appear. Is this a known issue?

Edit: Tried creating a thread again and it's fine!

Last edited:
Top Bottom