• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Geoff since I know you are reading this thread.

What game was it that you thought was Disappointing? You know the one that spawned this thread that you responded to but NEVER said which game it was.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=448821

Or do you just love the attention and there really wasn't one?

I thought that was Assassin Creed Revelation. but I'm not sure. I didn't played it, but hearing from podcast and all, seems like there's disappointment that it didn't follow up to AC Brotherhood ending or something

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Out of interest, what is the last biggest involvement of a title Kojima has had since MGS4? (on consoles)

He spent all his time making Peace Walker and then worked on porting that over to PS3 while the rest of the team spun their wheels on Rising.

At some point they decided to make Fox Engine so they could have a technology base that actually allowed them to make games in an efficient manner.

His primary focus now is Project Ogre, which will "take a long time". By his own words in video form, both the engine and the project itself are multiplatform.

He is also advising the team on Rising when he feels it isn't Metal Gear-y enough.

V_Ben

Banned
Wasn't there that weird rumour a while ago that cliffy b was working on a ps3 exclusive horror game? What if this game is a collaboration between epic games and Sony Santa Monica, and that's why it's such a surprise. Who knows, but I am intrigued about what this could be...

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Wasn't there that weird rumour a while ago that cliffy b was working on a ps3 exclusive horror game? What if this game is a collaboration between epic games and Sony Santa Monica, and that's why it's such a surprise. Who knows, but I am intrigued about what this could be...

He says he's not.

OXM said:
OXM: You hint at these ideas that you have not explored. What are the game ideas that have gotten away while you've been focusing on Gears?

CliffyB: Well, this is getting a bit much, but there was a rumor about me doing a survival horror game, which I have absolutely no idea how that hit.

OXM: Somebody wanted you to make a survival horror game.

CliffyB: I know! And that's a genre that's very near and dear to me. I love Silent Hill 1, 2 and 3. The other ones didn't happen; it's like Highlander sequels. I'm sorry, I know that's dickish.

I'm a huge fan of Condemned; I think it's one of the most underrated franchises and one of the most poorly marketed franchises. I thoroughly enjoy Resident Evil 5; yes, people have their crits, but they should f*** off because it's a stellar game. Fatal Frame - Jesus, I had to stop playing Fatal Frame 2 because it scared me too much. Maybe I'm just a big p****.

But that's a genre that's near and dear to me and I would love to somewhere down the line get around to doing something like that. But it's a tough sell when you start making something psychological, single-player oriented, very nuance-based.

And that will be a challenge, because in case you haven't noticed, at Epic, we're not always that good at nuance. We tend to paint with large brushstrokes. So no, I'm not making a horror game next. Gears is very much near and dear to me.
Source: http://www.oxm.co.uk/11448/features/cliff-bleszinski-interview/

The amount of scepticism in this thread is frigging ludicrous.

Either way, SSM + Move has me hyped, and I prefer teasers that are like this, as opposed to BioWare's Generals 2 tease.

Would love an ARG, though.

This hardly has anything to do with that Move game that was teased a few months ago. The trailer in the forest with the floating hand and possibly a door... can't find the vid on youtube :(

This hardly has anything to do with that Move game that was teased a few months ago. The trailer in the forest with the floating hand and possibly a door... can't find the vid on youtube :(

we're not talking about that, that floating hand video is made by plastic, the team that make linger in shadows. we're talking about Until Dawn, the flashlight game we got a very brief clip of it in Playstation Move montage a couple years ago.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope this is not a Rise of Nightmares-esque game...

Although a solid, proper survival-horror game would be awesome, as we haven't had a good one this generation (and don't say Dead Space, that was an action game dressed up as a zombie game).

BY2K

Membero Americo
de9mp.png

Sony wont be stupid enough to make it Move only. The best they can do is have as an option and market it the Move along side it

Well, Nintendo just released Skyward Sword, the biggest (only) Wii game this year, and required an add-on (or you could buy the bundle for $20 to include another remote). Obviously riskier with the more expensive move setup and a new IP, but who knows, maybe Sony'll do the same.

The one thing is that if it is a Move only game, it's safe to assume the reason for its existence is to be a Move game. Meaning it has meaningful implementation and couldn't be done with a controller. That could be interesting.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
So, have we established that all the hype was for some survival horror zombie game by SCEA? If so, bailout.gif and nothanks.jpg

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Wonder if it's a 3rd party developer...

Poker360

I have read minimal responses here, I just thought I'd give my take on this.
First off, I HIGHLY doubt this is some move horror game or whatever is being speculated. Geoff Keighley is acting like this will be a big deal. A lot of people don't have move, and they're not going to waste a huge major announcement on something for PS Move. Move support? Maybe, but as a side thought. Geoff also stated this announcement will "have people talking."

Secondly, It's important to view what is said in the video. Here are some quotes:

"Lying on the couch watching sunday football."
"That greasy smell of a downtown hotdog."
"Fourth of July family barbecue."
"The sound of a plane flying overhead."
"Just one, peaceful night."
"A clean conscious."
"All gone."

-- Text shown: The Last of Us.

Places / Images shown:

- Railroad tracks
- Quarantine zone - (WITH CHILDREN IN THIS AREA)
- A crashed truck
- Lots of people wearing masks
- People rioting against police
- Fire, destruction
- People destroying stuff
- Police officer with a filter mask on (sorry, not sure the name of this)
- A cross / grave (someone burying someone?)
- More rioting / police

Some obvious things we can conclude based on these:
The beginning quotes are relating to things in America: football, hotdogs, 4th of july, etc. I do not believe that "sound of a plane overhead" is there terrorist attack of Sept 11th, instead a new attack on American Soil. I'm not entirely sure what lines 5 and 6 mean (possibly a peaceful night where tons of innocents die?), but line 7 is implying that everything American is lost, so maybe after the peaceful night, there is an attack and America is forever changed.

Next, although this is probably irrelevant, the video was uploaded on December 1st, 2011. It was probably listed as private until todays reveal. More interestingly, the youtube account "thelastofus" was created on July 12, 2006.

Out of curiosity, I simply googled July 12th 2006. I found a lot of results for the "2006 Lebanon War"

More info about the Lebanon War can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Lebanon_War

I'm not exactly sure what the Lebanon War would mean here, but Lebanon and Israel were involved in this war. Both sides did claim victory of the war:

Hezbollah victory according to Hezbollah, Syria, Iran, and groups sympathetic to Hezbollah[2][3][4]
Israeli military victory according to Israel, the United States and political parties opposed to Hezbollah

I believe it's impossible to truly say what all of this means, and a lot of what i pointed out could be completely irrelevant. This is just speculation. It's hard to say this is a new IP due to the fact that it would have crazy amazing gameplay footage reveal, but it is definitely possible
. I'm not sure what sequel it would be to any other sony franchise, which leaves me to believe almost has to be a new IP, focused around American going to hell (Chemical Warfare?) and being attacked by other countries. Also, I'd say this will be an RPG.

One again, this is all speculation and I really have no clue what i'm talking about.

Takao

Banned
I think dude is looking into the date of that Youtube account a bit much. Sony could've just randomly paid for some guy's account for marketing purposes.

milesdm

I know it's not typeset as such from the text at the end of the video, but has anybody viewed 'The Last of Us' as 'The Last of U.S.'?

tag line under the gametrailers video is "What will you believe?"

do I smell moral choices?

You cant make a open world game without moral choices.

Also I really want to know what that comment made 20 hours ago on the youtube video was....

Anyway I am going with that zombies/mutating illness or some edgy "what if" story on a world set after the world economy collapse in 201x and we all start killing each other for food and people are rioting and stuff.

it seems like a new IP so I am on board the hype train.

Majanew

Banned
Wait, isn't it supposed to be a "PS3 exclusive we won't believe"? A new zombie IP isn't unbelievable, even if Epic were making it.

NeoUltima

Am I the only one who has not gotten the website (lastofus.com) to load all day? At first I just thought it might be a traffic issue. :/

mango drank

Would you believe the U.S. could be invaded?

"Megaton" biological(cordyceps bioengineered to control and kill humans) bombs will drop...

The controversy will have people talking...

I got it. This isn't a videogame at all. Sony is planning on invading the U.S. They've contracted with Squeenix to stage ... *drumroll* ... World War II-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom