• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Spike VGA Teaser Video For PS3 Exclusive [Troll Levels Approaching Maximum]

Status
Not open for further replies.

sublimit

Banned
Honestly, I couldn't care less about the tech now. This generation is coming to an end. We've already seen the best that all three consoles can put out.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.Some of the best looking games on PS2 came in its twilight years.Same could happen with PS3.

I don't think it will be "zombies" per say.

They will be perfectly normal human beings, but infected and with a death sentence. Just like the ants purge the infected, humans would do that too.

And since that makes the world go to shit, they will try to walk the line of psychological terror, putting you up to harsh decisions, while doing the survival horror thing.

Which if well done and not tacky, may be pretty fucking cool.

it'll be more interesting if we/the main character is actually the infected and we got 3 weeks before fungi come out of your body and kill you. the game start with you getting cast out by human.

Okey then why are you in here? Why do you play games? Seriously...

We've seen the best that the console can put out... I still enjoy playing NES games so what are you talking about? Perhaps you need to ask yourself why you are here? Is it all about visuals for you because it sure as hell isn't about that for me.

I'm not gonna lie, if this game is like deadmund's quest functionality wise(using the move) I'm all in. Coupled that with some great gestures based on what's in your inventory and not on rails, that too me is innovation.

Gameplay:

if its not in your inventory you can't use it, and if you inventory is limited makes for great horror.

Flash light

shake the move too see if batteries are in it, pull trigger it lights the area that you're looking at.

Reaching over your shoulder into your quiver and holding a button to select the right weapon, i.e. hold x reach over your shoulder to grab the shotgun, hold circle move facing down reach for your hip to get the pistol.

Hold X reach for your quiver to grab the axe(sword) and you must swing it like an axe to do damage.

Tell me that isn't a great way too play, acquiring weapons and discarding others all gesture based. Requiring know thought just you making the correct move with the right weapon.

Globox_82

Banned
We've seen the best that the console can put out... I still enjoy playing NES games so what are you talking about? Perhaps you need to ask yourself why you are here? Is it all about visuals for you because it sure as hell isn't about that for me.

so tech = visuals?
Lol visuals have always been the least important thing to me.
It could be also the scope, size of this world. I would be glad to finally get fallout/skyrim type of game running properly on my PS3 (also tech).
But whatever.

sublimit

Banned

If you were talking purely about gameplay then your quote was a couple of years too late.

WinFonda

I don't know what else to say other than I like the idea of ants propagating a virus.

Ants vs Humans vs Human Ant Zombies

Feep

Banned
I might be able to get a ticket to the VGA's.

On one hand, it's the VGA's.

On the other, there's an open bar.

I'm really curious about what part of this last of us game would be unbelievable seeing as it being exclusive isn't really unbelievable now since it's looking like a game from SCEA.

Allard

I'm wondering if the people who are complaining about it being 'possibly' a move only game actually own one >_>. A proper survival horror game done in the likes of Amnesia where you have more precise control over your hand movements yet also have a lot more limited arsenal of stuff to work with (more grounded in reality) could be the ultimate nightmare fuel especially if they can add 3D into and could actually be a fresh experience on the genre.

The only thing that would actually disappoint me is if its something that focuses more on gunplay aspects and less about tension. That I would agree would be a big disappointment.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Well I remember that Uncharted 3 got revealed before the event so I thought it might happen again

Maybe this isn't the game Geoff has been hyping up?

3DIcq.gif

Globox_82

Banned
I'm wondering if the people who are complaining about it being 'possibly' a move only game actually own one >_>. A proper survival horror game done in the likes of Amnesia where you have more precise control over your hand movements yet also have a lot more limited arsenal of stuff to work with (more grounded in reality) could be the ultimate nightmare fuel especially if they can add 3D into and could actually be a fresh experience on the genre.

The only thing that would actually disappoint me is if its something that focuses more on gunplay aspects and less about tension. That I would agree would be a big disappointment.

I won two. And yes I don't want it to be move exclusive(it wont be I am sure) . When it comes to core games regular controller >>> move/any motion stuff

Why does it say 12.07.11 on the site? early reveal?

Zombie ants!

why do people keep saying zombie ants? that bbc video indicate the main culprit is fungi, but now it attacks human instead of ants.

btw, the imagery of fungi coming out of your body killing you in the process can be pretty horrific. I feel squeamish just thinking about it.

Phenomic

Why does it say 12.07.11 on the site? early reveal?

Zombie ants!

I hope the Zombie ants aren't actually what's going on in the game or anything in the realm of giant bugs that attack the world.

Regardless, I look forward to seeing whatever it turns out to be. Would love to find a new horror game that enthralled me as much as Resident Evil 1 did first time through. Not jumping on the hype train though before I see it.

I really fickle with the horror genre. It's gotta be this weird blend of enough action, but enough atmospherics and the hints of feeling like you aren't going to get out alive.

why do people keep saying zombie ants? that bbc video indicate the main culprit is fungi, but now it attacks human instead of ants.

btw, the imagery of fungi coming out of your body killing you in the process can be pretty horrific. I feel squeamish just thinking about it.

This is a crazy cool idea, but it could easily just turn into a gore fest if all they did was focus on the infection process. It would have to be handled with some serious tact.

I won two. And yes I don't want it to be move exclusive(it wont be I am sure) . When it comes to core games regular controller >>> move/any motion stuff

I'm all for Move only game if it's genuinely offer something that dualshock can't provide. I love move only games like Sports Champion, and even onrail shooter played better with Move even if you can use Dualshock controller to play it.

I just hope it can be played while sitting down. you kinda have to stand up to play sports champion.

RPGCrazied

No way is it RE6. Unless its a timed exclusive. It will be on 360 as well. But will pass if its just another Zombie game.

Blah.

Phenomic

No way is it RE6. Unless its a timed exclusive. It will be on 360 as well. But will pass if its just another Zombie game.

Blah.

Probably safe to assume we won't see RE6 until after Revelations and Operation Racoon City are launched. No reason to take away potential hype from your own spinoff series with a more main console installment in your own series.

So whatever this game is it has got Keighley's gamer boner hard.

I guess its probably from a well known and well respected studio so SSM seems like the safe bet unless its some 3rd party studio like Valve or Epic working with SCEA or something crazy.

I guess there must be some crazy new hook to this game we wont see coming if its getting him so excited.

Hope we see more teasers and maybe some cool viral stuff through the week.

I am officially intrigued Mr Keighley.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Sony wont be stupid enough to make it Move only. The best they can do is have as an option and market it the Move along side it

Raoh

Sony wont be stupid enough to make it Move only. The best they can do is have as an option and market it the Move along side it

But we need Move only games eventually.

Hard to move forward with gameplay if you have to possibly remove/hold back a move feature because it wont translate well to controller or there are too many motions in the game and not enough ds3 buttons so remove some of the motions etc..

Move should have Move only games every now and then and not just mini games, big budget titles too.

hopefully it will be MOve-optional (how scary can a motion "horror" game be? see Fatal Frame Wii and that Kinect "horror" game...)

and lol@ the zombie haters in this thread....i wonder how many are the same posters who gush about the new ALan Wake "expansion" in that thread?

Derrick01

Banned
But we need Move only games eventually.

Hard to move forward with gameplay if you have to possibly remove/hold back a move feature because it wont translate well to controller or there are too many motions in the game and not enough ds3 buttons so remove some of the motions etc..

Move should have Move only games every now and then and not just mini games, big budget titles too.

You may think that but there's plenty who don't, including me. I think it'd be a huge waste of time and money to dump a ton of money into a big motion only game unless sony's ready to bundle everything you need with the game for no extra charge. But there's still a bunch of people who won't even play it if there's mandatory motion otherwise Sony would just go full out on Move and dump dualshock support.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I feel it's noteworthy that unlike Sony Smash Bros., Keighley hasn't implied that we guessed the wrong game, but rather insisted that the game is of very high quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom