• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo E3 2006 Conference Thread (start at reply ~#1300)

carlos

This machi kuru domino wouldn't have anything to do with the ps1 game "no one can stop mr domino" right?

anyway, if someone gets to inteview reggie or some other bigwig, can you request the Startropics franchise to be revived (New game, virtual console or smash brothers trophy at least) It's so obvious that the yoyo mechanic could be easily done with the wiimote

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
neo2046 said:
- Nintendo can transfer NDS games demo to your Wii through Wii Connect 24 function during the midnight,
and you can get the demo in the morning
that pretty damn awesome.

studio810 said:
Does anyone know anything about that game "Open Season"?
I was just watching a trailer on gamespot. The graphics look pretty good and the gameplay looks hilarious. It's for Wii by the way.

This is the first i've herad of it - so I'd also be curious if anyone knows anything more than what the trailer offers up.

dkeane

Clever Pun said:
This is the first i've herad of it - so I'd also be curious if anyone knows anything more than what the trailer offers up.
After looking around it looks like it's coming to most of the consoles and handhelds. Still looks funny though.

Saoh

neo2046 said:
and he is not willing to reveal the CPU's clock frequency,
he says the number is not significant to the consumers :lol

to consumers, is not. consumers dont ask for specs when they buy a console.

jarosh

Xristot said:
actually on nintendo's website they say monolith, not monolith soft. I'm assuming it actually IS monolith inc.
no no no no no. how many times did element already post it?

NO, it is not the western developer monolith from condemned and fear. NO.

Xristot

jarosh said:

yeah, your right, I just read the other threads. Sorry for the misinformation.

TheGreatDave said:
Has there been any video footage of Elebits anyway? I'm interested in it, but IGN has nothing, and neither does Gametrailers.
There's a few seconds of it in the second montage from the press conference.

And that's why you're a junior member. That news came out Tuesday.

Anyone found a way into the newsmarket site? Broadcast quality videos is good...

guise

jarosh said:

Which Monolith is it? What other games have they done?

dreamkats

if someone could make a thread for this

http://gamekult.com/articles/A0000048577/

Interview of Laurent fisher, new director of marketing for Nintendo of Europe

Comment avez-vous réagi à la présentation de la manette PlayStation 3 et son système de "gyroscope" ? Est-ce que cela vous a fait sourire, grincer des dents, est-ce que cela vous a conforté dans votre volonté de ne pas rapidement tout dévoiler ?

C'est vrai que je me suis dit, d'une certaine façon, le moins on en dit, le mieux on se porte. Mais je pense que je n'ai aucun commentaire à faire sur la manette de la PS3 : il suffit de mettre son nez dans les journaux, sur internet ou dans les forums pour se rendre compte que cette fonctionnalité n'est pas un atout pour eux.

To sum up, he says that ps3's gyroscopic possibilities is not good for sony :lol

Game-Biz

Translated:

Q: "What was your reaction to PlayStation's 'gyroscope' controller? Did it make you smile, grind your teeth, or stengthen your will not to reveal things quickly?"

A: "It's true that I said myself, in a certain way, that if one - (hard to translate) the best one goes. But, I don't think I have any comments to make on the PS3 controller; it is enough to put its nose in the newspapers, in the internet or in forums to realize that this functionality is not an asset for them."

yoopoo

Banned
These games look pretty nice.

wii02.jpg
wii03.jpg

wii05.jpg
wii12.jpg

wii16.jpg
wii17.jpg

wii14.jpg
wii12.jpg

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Those pictures are a bit misleading.

One Peice didn't look that good in motion (had jaggies), and don't get excited for Excite Truck.

Prime 3 was AMAZING though. Finally got to play it today!
Damn, it sold me on FPS. Red Steel - as of THIS DEMO (I highly expect it will change) - kind of scared me, but Prime? GOLD Jerry, GOLD!)

Tony Hawk was fast and smooth, but nearly unplayable on the harder levels - easy was fun though. Anything with cliffs you can fall off doesnt work too well yet, since controller still needs sensatiivty adjustments.

Sonic Wild Fire - albiet limited in control - was awsomely slick and super fast :)
PS3 Sonic sucked in comarpison (though there is more freedom, uh... damn was it awful to play)

Zeenbor

I played bombermanland...

One mini-game was were you shot these boulders emitting from the volcano and you had to shoot them with the wiimote. The speed ramped up pretty fast and became increasingly more difficult and rewarding to shoot.

Jasoco

Banned
Seeing as we can use our Cube controllers if we want, does anyone know if we'll be able to plug our WaveBird's into our Wii's? Will the transmitter fit at the top slots? Or will it recognize it without the transmitter (Would be the best thing ever if it does.) or are we SOL with the WaveBird's?

There's an interview on Revolution Report with someone from Konami that said that Wii has some built in physics simulation. I was wondering why animation for Red Steel seem to be pretty good.

jarosh

OG_Original Gamer said:
There's an interview on Revolution Report with someone from Konami that said that Wii has some built in physics simulation. I was wondering why animation for Red Steel seem to be pretty good.
i guess you're talking about the target render trailer

Jasoco said:
Seeing as we can use our Cube controllers if we want, does anyone know if we'll be able to plug our WaveBird's into our Wii's? Will the transmitter fit at the top slots? Or will it recognize it without the transmitter (Would be the best thing ever if it does.) or are we SOL with the WaveBird's?
They fit. The controller ports are upside cown compared to GameCube, so there's not a problem with the open flap.

John Harker said:
Those pictures are a bit misleading.

One Peice didn't look that good in motion (had jaggies), and don't get excited for Excite Truck.

Prime 3 was AMAZING though. Finally got to play it today!
Damn, it sold me on FPS. Red Steel - as of THIS DEMO (I highly expect it will change) - kind of scared me, but Prime? GOLD Jerry, GOLD!)

Tony Hawk was fast and smooth, but nearly unplayable on the harder levels - easy was fun though. Anything with cliffs you can fall off doesnt work too well yet, since controller still needs sensatiivty adjustments.

Sonic Wild Fire - albiet limited in control - was awsomely slick and super fast :)
PS3 Sonic sucked in comarpison (though there is more freedom, uh... damn was it awful to play)

JOhn did you use the expert controls

Emotions

John Harker said:
and don't get excited for Excite Truck.

Why shouldn't people get excited about Excite Truck? From the videos i've seen in various sites it looks gorgeous, so does the sense of speed , it's very fast, plus it has gotten quite descent impressions. So i don't get why you're saying this.

Error

OG_Original Gamer said:
yeah the elebits vid I saw practically confirms this.

Error2k4 said:
yeah the elebits vid I saw practically confirms this.

I don't know about that... the physics in Elebits looked good, but not really anything that couldn't be done without any special SW or HW. And the animations in Red Steel were pretty close to, say, XIII.

If Nintendo doesn't release a punchout that takes advatage of the nunchucks I will officially hate them for life.

This thing is BEGGING for a fucking punchout game.

Error

Pedigree Chum said:
If Nintendo doesn't release a punchout that takes advatage of the nunchucks I will officially hate them for life.

This thing is BEGGING for a fucking punchout game.
fucking stupid if they don't do a punch out game.

PkunkFury

OG_Original Gamer said:

They used it to GREAT effect in Elebits, you should check out the video if you haven't.

Do we know if by "Built in" they meant built into hardware???

GC|Simon

New Info form Nibris: (translated by babelfish form the German)

We received just fresh post office from Nibris, were approximately therein hot High Res of pictures and information around the Trailer and Sadness. We do not want you naturally these withheld...

Here the exciting information to the horror Kracher of Nibris: To the Sadness Trailer:

- it was realized by cinema technology by one the best Polish Filmmachern, i.e. Stanislaw Maderek.
- the Teaser Trailer should be a presentation of some ideas, which are used in the final play. - sound Peter Or?owski understandable

- white all ideas, which one wants to integrate in the final play, could not be shown. Also the atmosphere is to be somewhat different, then the Trailer more is focused on Action, the play should however more on the experience with the main characters be focused.

- in the Teaser Trailer one sees Maria, one of the two main characters in the play. Second is to represent perhaps somewhat new for the horror category, this is to be presented later.

- it is again said that Sadness is a play for adults with good nerves. The play takes some kinds of ' diseases ' as topic, e.g. schizophrenia, Narcolepsie and the like.

- Sadness like already admits in black-and-white kept complete, the play is a little like a film to work, however everything is done that the player does not feel, as if it a normal film would watch. It is to become one of the characters, so Marek Okon.

- the play is 1914 ago (beginning of the 1. World war) in the Ukraine play. In addition Adam Artur Antolski meant that the Ukraine was so interesting, because several different cultures from the east and the west meet one on the other.

- the First World War was therefore one of the largest disasters of the European civilization, which the society had very much changed. In this time the probability for schizophrenia was clearly higher. Nibris over the presentation of the Wii:

- the Wii is to represent a new class of electronic devices, it is attractive for people, which normally play no video games. - the Wii is a turning point for the whole industry, in some years is completely normal it, if the grandfather with its grandchild together Wii play.

- Nibris wants to express its large respect opposite Iwata and Nintendo, there it the courage in addition has not only the trend to follow. - Nintendo looks not on the decisions of the competition, but created even new trends.

Go to trailer and high-res screens:

http://www.gamescathedral.de/gamescat/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=5539

jax (old)

Banned
Can I ask if Nintendo released their online hookup details for multiplayer (if any) for wii games? I'd hate to be inputing friends code in a NEW GEN console.

Top Bottom