• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

No Man's Sky VR is coming Summer 2019

I am really looking forward to this. Hopefully they nail the comfort settings because I never knew how much my body would hate VR.

I just can't play games with teleport and static turning options. That takes me out of the game way more than any VR implementation can put me in it. So I try to play with smooth turning and such but of course this makes me nauseated. Some games I can find a good balance and this one is slow paced enough that I am very hopeful!

The fact its a free update helps too.

Skyfox

I am really looking forward to this. Hopefully they nail the comfort settings because I never knew how much my body would hate VR.

I just can't play games with teleport and static turning options. That takes me out of the game way more than any VR implementation can put me in it. So I try to play with smooth turning and such but of course this makes me nauseated. Some games I can find a good balance and this one is slow paced enough that I am very hopeful!

The fact its a free update helps too.
Blood and Truth is the best at solving this so far imo

Wonko_C

Hahahaha.

its just saying.

i dont like no mans sky. But for other people is a nice add on.
OH... *thinks hard*

I still don't know what did the ceiling falling in RE4 had to do with it you not liking NMS. =p

BTW new NMS player here started playing last month, loving the game so far. Love GR 1 & 2 too :p (2's ending left me melancholic for weeks, not even NieR Automata did that)

With news of Beyond hitting, I finally decided to pick up a copy since I found it for $22 after discount and coupon code at Green Man Gaming. I immediately lost a half hour of gameplay after saving at my ship, running around for a while and then off to the hermetic seal objective, scanning a ton of stuff along the way, and half way back to my ship just getting randomly dumped back to the main game menu.

I'm so very not impressed.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
so this really is the way to play, isn't it? i got an Oculus Rift S recently and picked this up on sale because of the VR support.

just got done with my first serious session. travelling around some distant planet, mining with my gun for space rocks, getting in and out of my ship, repairing a ton of equipment, seeing a radiation storm, flying into space, using the warp drive, going to another planet, etc. like it was just so dope to get caught in a radiation storm in VR. flying is as godawful as it always was, but it is still kind of cool to control the throttle with your left hand. really enjoyed all the interactive VR motions that used the VR controllers which were used to do menus and stuff. the menus were actually way easier when you could just point at what you want.

plus i just like sitting in the spaceship in VR and looking around.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
so this really is the way to play, isn't it? i got an Oculus Rift S recently and picked this up on sale because of the VR support.

just got done with my first serious session. travelling around some distant planet, mining with my gun for space rocks, getting in and out of my ship, repairing a ton of equipment, seeing a radiation storm, flying into space, using the warp drive, going to another planet, etc. like it was just so dope to get caught in a radiation storm in VR. flying is as godawful as it always was, but it is still kind of cool to control the throttle with your left hand. really enjoyed all the interactive VR motions that used the VR controllers which were used to do menus and stuff. the menus were actually way easier when you could just point at what you want.

Man this sounds so cool.

Kev Kev

one of my best gaming moments happened when i first got into space with my ship (that in itself was mind blowing) and i was flying around just above a planet. i shooting some asteroids or whatever, and wanted to take a hit of my vape pen real quick. so i parked it just above the planet, flipped upside down, and was looking up at this massive planet above me just hitting my vape pen chilling out.

VR, and specifically a space sim VR, has been a dream of mine since i was a kid, and to finally be there and have that moment was really awesome. the low rumble of the engine and that "space rumble", the bleeps and bloops of the cock pit, the music playing in the background, and looking all around me, behind me, straight up at the planet... it was just so damn good. only wish PSVR had higher resolution, but meh, it'll get there one day (or ill get a nicer headset when im not so poor lmao)

Last edited:

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
Every time I see this thread bumped I hope it is because Hello Games will finally patch it for higher resolution and framerate on PS5.
Me too. I simply can’t play this title on PS4 as it’s far too blurry. Im sure they’ll patch this, the support for this title is unparalleled.

Top Bottom