• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Noby Noby Boy - New PS3 Exclusive from creator of Katamari

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Searched with no results. PTOM has exclusive interview with him (Keita Takahashi) in the new issue. Anyone interested? Of course you are, details added.

It's Noby Noby Boy, can a mod correct this please!

Thanks for this contribution
kenta said:
For anyone that hasn't seen the tech demo:

http://gamersyde.com/stream_5146_en.html

Does the preview include information about the actual gameplay?

Edit: Does it still use the dildo controller?

FROM MAGAZINE

What is Noby Boy?
The central gameplay mechanics to Keita Takahashi's newest game appear to be similar to Katamary. You manipulate the game in a unique way. In Katamary the manipulation involved snowballing junk through a level. In Noby Noby the central character is an elastic tube that can swallow farmyard animals, leap high in the air, and stretch its ends far out before snapping back together! It can jump 20 times its height.

The game is going to look like the more unique game and Katamary the more conventional one. When it comes to visual styles there really has been no intention to make the artwork similar. As more artwork is revealed people will see that.

The game will utilize the network capabilities extensively. Very cutesy game. He gave 4 random attendees at Gamecity (event) the controller to have at the game so 4 player MP, of sorts, is in. Seems like a co-op environment. He talks with confidence but can't reveal his ambitious plans for the online component.

It uses complex physics that the PS2 could not handle with Katamary. As soon as he (Takahashi) saw the specs for the PS3 he realized it would be the ideal platform to play it on.

He speaks on his rep at the company as the "danger man", he rather enjoys that. He goes on to say people really don't understand his projects but Katamary proves he had something very unique in his creativity.

HIs take on violent games......

"I understand the need of violence ot a degree, and I won't deny the fact that the world we live in is often a violent one. To recreate this violence in a videogame is something that I can understand to an extent; it is a recreation of one of the most striking things that can happen to people everyday.

But, I do feel that an indulgence with violence in developing a game will limit the developers. So there is some space, there is some place for violent games, and I don't think they all should be censored just for being violent. I just think that violence limits the developer's ideas on how to grab an audience, and can quickly make a game look samey."

On his bumpy career.....

"Being confident is a key aspect - believing in yourself. If you think you have a good idea nad i is rejected, keep on trying with it, keep on pushing it as far as it can go. No one will understand your putch in one day, so just keep showing them your ideas, showing your pictures and diagrams of what your idea is all about. And if you believe in the game, never take no for an answer!

If you keep on pushing your idea, one day someone will understand it, which is exactly what happened to me with Katamari. The game really struggled off get off the ground and no one could really see my idea, so I looked for better ways of explaining it. If you are confident in yourself and never give up then things are bound to go your way. I feel that is the same with any career, and even life."

Pretty good advice if you ask me.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
LiquidMetal14 said:
Searched with no results. PTOM has exclusive interview with him in the new issue. Anyone interested?

No, nobody interested, please go fuck off somewhere.

WoWcraft

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
Searched with no results. PTOM has exclusive interview with him in the new issue. Anyone interested?

EDIT - It's Noby Noby Boy, can a mod correct this. Sorry for original type I was using PSP to do it. Will post some transcript as the time comes.
It's anything because the English language blows.

So please go ahead and post about this mysterious game. I am very interested.

sprsk

If you've got news, fucking post it. Don't fucking ask if we want it. This kinda shit will easily get your thread creation privileges taken away.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
sp0rsk said:
If you've got news, fucking post it. Don't fucking ask if we want it.

lol

Asking a question like that to gaf is like asking a starving person if he wants food.

Pistolero

sp0rsk said:
If you've got news, fucking post it. Don't fucking ask if we want it. This kinda shit will easily get your thread creation privileges taken away.

Gaf zeriouz buzineez ! :lol

vdo

kenta said:
For anyone that hasn't seen the tech demo:

http://gamersyde.com/stream_5146_en.html

Does the preview include information about the actual gameplay?

Edit: Does it still use the dildo controller?

Wow, hadn't seen that - thanks for posting the link.

As the video progresses, it keeps adding more layers. I am not sure what the gameplay will turn into, but it looks like it could be interesting, especially if it is coop play. It's amazing to watch and think about the complexity and amount of processing that something like that must take.

Edit: aah, see the article text is now posted - it does look like multiplayer play will be a big part and I can see that type of interaction really adding to the game.

Alts

Is "Noby Noby" so much easier for western audiences than "Nobi Nobi." The 'cy' in Damacy drove me nuts.

I was looking forward to more concrete details about gameplay, but eh, I'll probably get it regardless. I saw the tech demo a while ago and I am still dumbfounded by the farm animals.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm not going to lie...this looks awesome. I haven't even watched the streaming video yet (I'm at work) and I think this is awesome!

Not much new information about it, just online.

Would've been nice to get a rough date, some new environments.. maybe some of the goals in the game that he's trying so hard to keep secret. I assume Takaheshi is being his playful self and derailing the interview.

Mdk7

Sorry for the bump, but i've always been intrigued by this one... any news on it?
Is it gonna be at TGS?

sprsk

Why bump this oldass thread? Make a new thread for the video. Preferably one with NOBY NOBY NOBY BOOOOOOOOOY in the title.

Edit: Especially considering the game seems to have drastically changed since this thread was posted.

acm2000

Katamari series was broken and shite, maybe they can make workable controls this time, but the japs sure love to make things awkward, is this confirmed retail? would be better suited to PSN

Mdk7

acm2000 said:
Katamari series was broken and shite, maybe they can make workable controls this time, but the japs sure love to make things awkward, is this confirmed retail? would be better suited to PSN
GTFO, seriously. :D

acm2000 said:

PSN and multiplayer only (dunno if online only or local too), if i heard it right.

acm2000

°°ToMmY°° said:
PSN and multiplayer only (dunno if online only or local too), if i heard it right.

ah thank god, if this has usable controls (unlike that other crap) and... wait, what? online only? meh, oh well, not interested then

sprsk

acm2000 said:

Are you my grandpa?

Top Bottom