• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2007

GhaleonEB

Nintendo DS 471k - Unstoppable monster

Wii 360k - Rising to heaven

PlayStation 2 194k - Still chugging along

PlayStation Portable 183k - Doing okay. Another pricedrop maybe?

Xbox 360 174k - Console Needs Price Drop, Badly [/gauntlet voice]

Game Boy Advance 84k - THE WINNER AND STILL CHAMPION

PlayStation 3 82k - INSTERT ANIHAWK'S ****ED GRAPH HERE

GameCube 13k - Hey guys why am I on this list? Where's the Xbox?

Branduil

Super Paper Mario's numbers are impressive, almost a 100% attach rate for the month.

I said it before, but I think the Elite will continue to hurt the 360 more than help it. It looks like a price hike.

Well, like I said in the other thread, 82K for a $600 system with few games is understandable... 174K for the 360, given it's software lineup, is way too low. Or maybe April just really sucked.

edit: Oh, and the PSP outsold it. WTF?

andthebeatgoeson

Wow, 1.7 million. Pokemon is a terrible fad. 360 will continue to get good SW support but I don't think devs will really be able to ignore Wii in a year. For the next year, I predict 360/PS2 will dominate.

But looking at the SW numbers, many 360 games fell out. Nothing really makes sense. Good show for Paper Mario. I didn't think it would do decent here in the US.

spwolf

PSP & PS2 - nice

PS3 - wow

360 - ok

N - wow!!

Pokemon - i wonder why they even even bother with other games

meltpotato said:
well thats pretty sad. good luck spinning that, Sony.

Sony PR: "April 2007 saw a 82,000 PS3 unit increase over April 2006. We feel confident we can maintain a 5 digit increase in May as well."

Sysgen

MS cannot significantly extend their maketshare at $400 and especially when the hardware is shit. This forun has been screaming for a price cut to expand marketshare for the last few months. They should listen.

donny2112

Wii Sales (Japan / U.S.):

March: 291K / 259K
April: 358K / 360K

Looks like Nintendo is shipping about the same to both territories.

STG!

Damn, crazy number's all around. Pokebomb indeed.

drinkingwtf.gif

Dante

DantesWrath said:
I hope those numbers will make Sony realize that $600 is just too much for the average gamer.

360 numbers say $400 is too high as well.

both aren't gonna put up huge numbers until the prics go down.

tribal24

Banned
umm wow at nintendo sweep, we need price cuts damnit!!? or else were gonna be stuck with ps2 graphcis and waggle>.>

Borys

Banned
:lol :lol :lol

Will 360 EVER outsell the mighty PS2?

Oh, I forgot: it's over for PS3. No <INSERT_PS3_SAVIOUR> game is going to save it now.

R.I.PS3

:''''''''''''''''''''''(

Zzoram

So I really badly hope Microsoft realizes that they need a price cut and do it in June. They won't cut in May because the Elite is so new, but if they cut the price in June or July to $399/299/199 they can probably double monthly sales, and do a million+ month with Halo 3 or GTA4.

Parl

HOLY ******* ****!

Parl said:
In fact, screw this.

If 360 gets above 200,000 or PS3 gets above 100,000, I will shave my balls.

If PS3 gets above 90,000 or if Wii gets above 300,000, I will shave my... armpit hair.

*gets shaver*

Xbox 360 < 200k ;)

_leech_ said:
174K for the 360, given it's software lineup, is way too low. Or maybe April just really sucked.

What this shows me is that Nintendo's arguments about lapsed gamers and the irrelevance of graphics are spot on. The 360's userbase is superconcentrated with hardcore gamers, as we're seeing with the high software sales, but lapsed and casual gamers simply don't care about the upgrade in graphics or "new" versions of traditional software, regardless of the quality. These people are either buying the DS or Wii, or are choosing to stick with their PS2s indefinitely.

Dark days coming for rigid, hardcore gamers and graphic whores.

I find 360 Spiderman 3 outselling its PS counterparts...to be well, Spiderman 3 being Sony's big money making machine and stuff...lol

anyway,

MS needs a 360 price drop pronto.

PS3...well. no comment.

The numbers are in,
Confirm what we suspected.
Sony fans am cry.

I wonder how many people have been saving gifs for this thread, lol.
this will be 10 pages within the hour

Mojovonio

Banned
_leech_ said:
Well, like I said in the other thread, 82K for a $600 system with few games is understandable... 174K for the 360, given it's software lineup, is way too low. Or maybe April just really sucked.

it begins.

500 - Internal Server Error
with close to 3k people total on the board right now, can you imagine the strain if all 20k+ members arrived at once plus the banned members guests?

Holy cow at the numbers. This is less than the Canadian predictions, right? I seem to remember 90k for the PS3 was from extrapolating the numbers.

andthebeatgoeson

_leech_ said:

I get the feeling that the 360 is pigeon-holed. Probably by price, game selection and faulty HW. I do agree that the 360 should be selling more. The entire world is just getting steam rolled by Nintendo.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Just posting in this legendary thread before the internet explodes. I almost feel bad for SE or any other 3rd party with a huge budget exclusive on the PS3.

Chiggs

A few thoughts:

Nintendo is an unstoppable nightmare machine!

Microsoft needs a price drop in the next few months.

Sony needs a ****ing miracle.

Leonsito

Great numbers for Wii and NDS

The Xbox360 and PS3 need a pricedrop, please.

The PSP is pulling good numbers, seems the pricedrop worked a bit.

The Elite impact doesn't work too much (it's reflected in April sales right?)

Spider-Man 3 Xbox360 > Spider-Man 3 PS2

Great SPM numbers

And Pokemon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XxI-hvPRRA

Top Bottom