• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2015 [Up1: Xbox One #1]

Its just that Xenoblade is such an odd case, the original had a limited release as a retail exclusive in NA. With Shulk in Smash Bros, Xenoblade X, and the N3DS release I wonder how much are they trying to push Xenoblade into a franchise, and what expectations they had for each respective title.

Does anyone have an estimate for N3DS Xenoblade numbers?
I imagine we'll have to wait for Nintendo's press release to get numbers. All said though, it's a fairly basic port (though incredibly impressive) so I have to imagine huge sales weren't necessary even if they were expected

Elios83

Weird that PS4 fell below the X1 for the month without a clear reason.
My guess also looking at other numbers (Nintendo's) is that it was just a really slow month and the X1 was greatly helped by the trade in promotions which people here didn't take in proper consideration.
Pretty close for the month but with sales continuing to be down yoy for Sony it clearly shows that the current price point is saturated and a price drop is needed.
Still I don't expect it soon, they will ride it out with the Batman and MGSV bundles which will provide a great boost to sales then hints are there that they are preparing a big party pooper for MS with a 100$ price drop kicking in late October.

Three

Yea, these number are just shocking to me because of how much last gen's market leader (the Wii) was pulling in per month.

But man, potentially only a 13k difference?

When was the last time this gen that the NPD difference was that low?

I think it was 10k at one point (could be wrong).

Welfare

byanose_zpsdcgapblh.png

Abdiel

Yea, I might have jumped the gun.

Didn't realize the difference this month between the 2 was that low.

13k...

-_-"

S'all good, man.

Just don't jump until you have more info to make concrete commentary. It's no fun looking foolish.

That difference in units is so close even just a bigger sales push from Walmart/Target/Gamestop even for a week could have been the changer.

Whether they only won by 13K or not Microsoft has done a great job. Sony as well considering they lead in software. Also Smash Bros has some legs.

Good for Xbox. America still loves Xbox...PlayStation still killing it globally tho. Happy for both brands. Both consoles flourishing is good for the gamer....me!

QaaQer

I could see Xbox taking May as well.

Dat Xbox pre-E3 momentum.

I gotta give Phil and co. credit. They are fighting back and teasing a truely epic E3 showing. Seems like they're ditching their third party reliance and doubling down on Xbox franchises and new IP.

Sony is keeping quite, they havent even formally announced when their conference is yet, and they have some amazing co-marketing deals for this fall but they really need to show off what all their first party studios are working on.

And Nintendo is bringing back the damn Nintendo World Championships!

Goddammit I love E3 season.

And all that from a 13k win in one territory.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
I understand that people get angry when their favorite sports team loses, I just don't understand why people get angry over which plastic box wins or loses.
TBH what's the difference in whether it's sports teams, car makes consoles etc? People always have a preference

Was anyone really expecting PS4 sales to be 1:1 with last year? I figured hitting 30mil by the end of the year was on the generous side, so I don't really get the 35-40 projections. On top of that, some of you seem really.... desperate to make it seem like the PS4 is hopelessly spiraling down into to some abyss that it will never come out of. Both systems are doing great, so there's really no need to add all of this negative narrative.

smurfx

get some go again
PS4 MoM drop was 49%

YoY drop is 13%

Weekly average

March: 340k / 5 weeks = 68,000

April: 174k / 4 weeks = 43,500
this is totally indicative of a healthy console market. sony does not need to drop the price of the console this year because it's selling like hot cakes. if next month has another drop even if sony wins they have to seriously start looking at price cuts. they need to stay aggressive and not let the market stagnate. the market leader shouldn't randomly be losing months.

Top Bottom