• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2016 [Sony, MS, & Nintendo refuse to comment on hardware]

AFCA

Neo Member
Microsoft PR

CiSnK1-WsAAXE7O.jpg

https://twitter.com/kobunheat/status/730892845402349568

Hahahah

icespide

Banned
I own all 4 home consoles, and I have no idea why Ratchet & Clank sold so well. This game is a furbait nostalgia title to get the zootopia and ps2 crowd, doesn't even have open world. Why would sell better than Quantum Break? Time powers are crazy!! And the movie was garbage, but game still sells? Wut? :^/

I dunno why people are saying greatness awaits tbh...none of the titles have been that great except for Bloodborne but hopefully UC4 can prove me wrong, Naughty Doges better put out something good, I use my XB1 for multis and my PS4 has been collecting dust for months

Still at least MLB is a great game and Sony should make more stuff like taht and more stuff like quantum break, maybe they can get people to buy their console it would sell like bonkers even better than the Wii if they just put out some games for it!!! But still grats sony game still sells well gj :^)

cool post

jett

D-Member
That's really impressive for Ratchet.

What's with these companies refusing to comment on hardware though? Must've been a dismal month.

I own all 4 home consoles, and I have no idea why Ratchet & Clank sold so well. This game is a furbait nostalgia title to get the zootopia and ps2 crowd, doesn't even have open world. Why would sell better than Quantum Break? Time powers are crazy!! And the movie was garbage, but game still sells? Wut? :^/

I dunno why people are saying greatness awaits tbh...none of the titles have been that great except for Bloodborne but hopefully UC4 can prove me wrong, Naughty Doges better put out something good, I use my XB1 for multis and my PS4 has been collecting dust for months

Still at least MLB is a great game and Sony should make more stuff like taht and more stuff like quantum break, maybe they can get people to buy their console it would sell like bonkers even better than the Wii if they just put out some games for it!!! But still grats sony game still sells well gj :^)

The narcissism is strong.

Or my sarcasm detector is broken...

With all due respect isn't it impossible for engagement to go down unless Xbox One sold negative numbers?

Even if Xbox One went into the negative, they can spin that global engagement is higher because of Windows 10. Me downloading Killer Instinct and Forza Apex and messing around a couple times on PC counts for all the MAU metrics MS uses nowadays.

Bruno MB

- “The launch of Dark Souls III marked the strongest launch in the franchise’s history,” said Callahan. “Sales for Dark Souls III nearly doubled that of its predecessor, Dark Souls II, when adjusted for days in the market.”

Dark Souls II sold 308,000 units back in March 2014, but it had an extra week of tracking compared to Dark Souls III although it is worth noting that sales are quite frontloaded for these kind of titles, so 1 extra week won't add too much. Considering this, if I had to make an educated guess I would say that Dark Souls III must have sold around 500,000 - 550,000 units.

jdstorm

Banned
Happy for insomniac.

Hopefully this gives them enough cash to consider making sunset overdrive 2 - ideally as a multiplat game

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
I also think ppl are forgetting a game like R&C isnt supposed to have an audience on PS unless its Lego.

Seriously....R&C outselling QB is ...wow. Even if R&C is an established franchise. Being an established franchise doesnt = sale success. Look at Halo 5 when it launched.

New IP is supposed to mean ppl are excited for new, fresh meat. Look how well Splatoon is doing. QB is a system seller for me. At least until I see how my gaming PC project comes along and how the XBO vs PC version does.

I already have Sunset Overdrive. ( I just need an XBO...lol)

Say what you want about Microsoft PR. I've seen some diehard fanboys take the "level of engagement" or "hours of play" as points that people buy more PS4's but don't play them. While less Xbones get played more.

Dark Souls II sold 308,000 units back in March 2014, but it had an extra week of tracking although it is worth noting that sales are quite frontloaded so 1 extra week won't add too much. Considering this, if I had to make an educated guess I would say that Dark Souls III must have sold around 500,000 - 550,000 units.

Careful with that "adjusted for days in market" thing. They just take a daily sales average, and do not account for decay rate.

The same is stated on VentureBeat's article.

Wonder if it's the same source.

Tankard

Now that's just lazy PR from Microsoft, are they really throwing sentences like "best month in history for global engagement on Xbox one" and not even explaining why that is. "We are the best at this, trust us".

Abdiel

What the fuck even is this?

Do... Do you... What?

I mean... You realize... That most people use their PS4s for multiplats, right? Most consumers *aren't* multi console owners.

Ugh...

(temple rub)

TsuWave

what a post.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Say what you want about Microsoft PR. I've seen some diehard fanboys take the "level of engagement" or "hours of play" as points that people buy more PS4's but don't play them. While less Xbones get played more.
To be fair, if I bought a PS4 I would wait a little bit before the firmware gets more stable before I use it.

Oh we have a proof in this very forum that their BS spin works. Just look up that Halo 5 revenue thread.

jdstorm

Banned
I also think ppl are forgetting a game like R&C isnt supposed to have an audience on PS unless its Lego.

Seriously....R&C outselling QB is ...wow. Even if R&C is an established franchise. Being an established franchise doesnt = sale success. Look at Halo 5 when it launched.

New IP is supposed to mean ppl are excited for new, fresh meat. Look how well Splatoon is doing. QB is a system seller for me. At least until I see how my gaming PC project comes along and how the XBO vs PC version does.

Kids and their parents play video games. There are 40 million PS4s in he wild. Not everyone wants the next gritty soulsbourne, gothic murder simulator

Mikey Jr.

$9 BILLION hours?!?!

Thats fucking crazy. Lets say that every user played a million hours of Quantum Break, thats like 9000 copies of QB on PC alone.

That aint too shabby.

Hawkens

Dark Souls II sold 308,000 units back in March 2014, but it had an extra week of tracking although it is worth noting that sales are quite frontloaded so 1 extra week won't add too much. Considering this, if I had to make an educated guess I would say that Dark Souls III must have sold around 500,000 - 550,000 units.

304,000*(21/28)*2= 456,000

So going by their PR, less than 456,000.

Vena

Everyone being mum, weird PR aside, tells me things are flat to down for everyone. Nintendo is obviously down, I doubt any one is buying a WiiU and the 3DS is old. Microsoft must be either flat or down, given the PR... down, and Sony is likely flat to slightly down.

The fact that no one is stepping forth to claim the win speaks volumes.

And like that, a new GAF meme was born.

Bluth54

Also feel bad for Remedy. That game took forever to make and had that tv show. They are probably longs way from making profit on it. Another flop for MS.

Yeah don't forget that Microsoft required them to make the PC version a Windows 10 store exclusive. I have no doubt that if the PC version was released on Steam for Windows 7/8/10 it would of sold far better for Remedy then just the Windows 10 store version.

So I guess Sony is either flat or down slightly YoY and top hardware this month? MS even with their various promotions and price cuts are looking to be down YoY by a decent chunk going by that PR. Wii U exists and someone probably bought it.

Top Bottom