• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for December 2015 [Up1: Super Mario Maker]

Ōkami;192218285 said:
Even if they sold Yakuza 5 for $10 retail it wouldn't have charted.

Not dissing the game, but there was never any chance of it appearing.

And no NPD doesn't track digital.

Nooooooo i wanted a miracle to happen....

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
It becomes difficult for any exclusive game to chart, including all of Nintendo's games, when multiplatform SKUs are grouped together like that.

There are no exclusives in the list, and it really takes a bit impact to even chart now.

pislit

Rainbow Six: Siege!

I summoned courage and bought the game day one and is mightily prepared for disappointment, but oh, boy, one of the best games last year, and probably the best FPS to come out not in 2015.

Buy it everyone! BUY IT!

Is Minecraft the best selling game of all time?

Shit, that's insane.

Right. Further evidence that the whole "Digital is stealing from Physical" is horseshit.

Physical sales are in decline because far fewer titles are being released. The titles that are being released physically are selling as well or better than at any time in history.

Digital is growing a lot, doesn't mean it has to take away from Physical.

How did Halo not make it into top 10 yearly?

It did not sell more copies than 10 other games in the year.

Kyoufu

How is it that after so many NPD months, regulars here still don't understand the concept of software bundles not being included? I am truly baffled.

Bgamer90

Banned
It baffles me that games like Fallout and CoD sell more on Xbox, despite PS4 having nearly double the consoles out there. At some point the match just doesn't add up.

NPD isn't worldwide. America split for Xbox One and PS4 is around 45/55 I believe (I don't know December numbers).

Why does minecrafts full year not include PC, but battlefront does? That's really strange, expecially considering PC is one of the best selling platforms for minecraft.

krioto

can we please have a succinct statement regarding the non-inclusion of bundled software in the OP please?

every thread, every month is brutal with the surprise sale exclamations and then explaining of 'not including bundles'

2015 top 10 is kind of boring aside from Mortal Kombat. I'm starting to get bored of GTAV and Minecraft here.
Cultural phenomenons cannot be stopped.
Was not expecting FO4, BF and COD to sell better on Xbox.
You better fix your expectations then because they didn't. Bundles aren't counted and there was a mistake with Fallout 4. Though Fallout bundle may have sold more.
So where else will people be talking about Halo 5 3 months after its release?
That's the point.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I won't be here for long, and probably I won't get an answer till tomorrow morning here in Italy, so...my personal numbers requests :p

- Xenoblade Chronicles X
- Yokai Watch
- Zelda: Triforce Heroes
- Yoshi's Wolly World

Top Bottom