• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2007

laserbeam

Banned
davepoobond said:
i really dont understand, the "fake" numbers said that PSP was a lot less? are we allowed to say whether or not what ballpark they were in? cause i didn't see them, so i dont understand.

PSP software if i remember didnt break much higher then 50K units for the month and most were a good deal less. All speculation of course since those numbers arent allowed to be shown

AniHawk said:
NDS: 6,639,518
Wii: 4,063,852
PSP: 2,344,147
PS2: 1,947,373
360: 1,366,583
PS3: 1,255,931
GBA: 782,804
128fs3512924.gif

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
laserbeam said:
PSP software if i remember didnt break much higher then 50K units for the month and most were a good deal less. All speculation of course since those numbers arent allowed to be shown

he meant software-wise, not hardware wise then. okay.

Mar

AniHawk said:
NDS: 6,639,518
Wii: 4,063,852
PSP: 2,344,147
PS2: 1,947,373
360: 1,366,583
PS3: 1,255,931
GBA: 782,804

Wii is destroying everything. I'm scared to imagine what happens when Wii Fit hits Japan and NA.

.dmc

Banned
Karma Kramer said:
why did you use LP and DR as examples of 360 3rd party software sales?

Because they're successful 3rd party titles? Because they're held up as examples of why 3rd party on 360 is awesome? Because they didn't contain Halo3 beta keys? If you're pointing at the fact that there are other 3rd party titles that have sold more then fair enough, but the point still stands that 3rd party titles on Wii are selling well even when compared to marquee 360 3rd party titles like LP + DR.

Avrum

Satter said:
Not sure if this has already been posted. This is an email that NOA sent out to all major videogame news websites.

10 Fast Facts from Nintendo – First Half 2007*

--Through the first half of 2007, the total Wii™ hardware sell-through in
the United States and Canada combined is more than 2.3 million units (2.1
million United States, 222,000 Canada).

--For the first half of 2007, Nintendo represents nearly 70 percent of the
industry growth in the United States and Canada combined.

--In June alone, Wii was once again the top-selling home console with
nearly 435,000 units sold in the United States and Canada combined (381,800
United States, 53,000 Canada).

--In June alone, Nintendo DS™ was the top-selling video game system overall
with nearly 608,000 units sold in the United States and Canada combined
(562,000 United States, 46,000 Canada).

--Nintendo remained the top video game publisher in the United States and
Canada in June, as well as the top publisher for all of 2007.

--In June alone, Nintendo has six of the top 10 best-selling games in the
United States, including the top four: Mario Party® 8 and Wii Play™ for
Wii, and Pokémon® Diamond and Pokémon® Pearl for Nintendo DS.

--Of the top 30 best-selling games in the United States for all of 2007,
half are for Nintendo systems.

--The three best-selling games in the United States for all of 2007 are for
Nintendo systems: Pokémon Diamond, Wii Play and Pokémon Pearl.

--Wii already boasts more than 180 games, including 120 downloadable
Virtual Console™ titles. By the end of the year, that total number will
climb to about 330 games, including an additional 100 new games from every
major third-party publisher, along with an additional 50 Virtual Console
titles.

--Approximately 300 games are already available for Nintendo DS, with
another 140 titles expected by the end of the year from every major third-
party publisher.

Damn. No punches pulled...would have been perfect if they had another Nintendo character delivering the information though. :D

legend166

I'm over all this pity for 3rd parties in relation to the Wii. Screw 3rd parties. They don't deserve sales just because they're a 3rd party. Put out content that is compelling and that people want to buy for the platform, and they'll get sales. Keep releasing garbage and you'll keep getting garbage sales. If they want to throw away a potential huge money maker because of their ridiculous paranoia and insecurity, that's their own fault.

vanguardian1

poor, homeless and tasteless
bmf said:
It would have to be Wario I think.

Only problem with that is that announcing the numbers for the month would kill him with laughter when he reached the very bottom of the list, we need Wario alive darnit! ;)

Kevtones

If anything, I hope the nice sales of RE4 will convince Capcom to do a Wii follow up with the same control system (considering how f*cking fun it is). Also, OkamWii plz.

Nintendo remained the top video game publisher in the United States and
Canada in June, as well as the top publisher for all of 2007.

And for the remainder of this year, I'm guessing Nintendo will still be the number one publisher. Nintendo ownage indeed.

legend166 said:
I'm over all this pity for 3rd parties in relation to the Wii. Screw 3rd parties. They don't deserve sales just because they're a 3rd party. Put out content that is compelling and that people want to buy for the platform, and they'll get sales. Keep releasing garbage and you'll keep getting garbage sales. If they want to throw away a potential huge money maker because of their ridiculous paranoia and insecurity, that's their own fault.
Absolutely. Way to give the whiners a pacifier.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
with nintendo making all this money, gotta wonder why anyone else figures its worth it to stay in the industry at all

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
legend166 said:
Bonjour mister obvious.
"Who is this gentlemen?" said the third parties :(

AniHawk

davepoobond said:
with nintendo making all this money, gotta wonder why anyone else figures its worth it to stay in the industry at all

Well Naughty Dog has moved on to making shitty movies and Sega is now haunting the dreams of children everywhere. There's a lot of money to be made in haunting.

Lobster

Banned
Well Good going Nintendo and good going Sony. Ps3 might not be on top but PSP is a worthy competitor in the handheld market.

Good going Microsoft for steady sales. Can't wait to see Halo 3 BUMP though.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
ZealousD said:
:lol
The unchanged woman and the village chief seem a bit off though, maybe you could turn them into Perrin being taken away by Peter Moore?

EDIT:
CreatureX3 said:
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z190/phxladin/wiijack.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i14.tinypic.com/4p2mg77.gif

Willy Wanka said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

AniHawk

Lobster said:
Well Good going Nintendo and good going Sony. Ps3 might not be on top but PSP is a worthy competitor in the handheld market.

No it isn't. All the PSP gets anymore are Sony games and age-old ports/remakes. The last time the PSP mattered was March 2006.

Lobster

Banned
AniHawk said:
No it isn't. All the PSP gets anymore are Sony games and age-old ports/remakes. The last time the PSP mattered was March 2006.

Sales are pretty good for a non nintendo handheld. All im saying really.

Vinnk

legend166 said:

I agree 100% If the lastest movie/anime cash-in, cheap port or lazy minigame collection can't sell 200k, whose fault is that? The cream will rise to the top.

Can we get tie ratios for each system? I don't think going from Top5 cumulative number means much in terms of tie ratio. For example, I don't think X360 tie ratio is as good as Top5 may seem, and PS2 has to be better than its Top5 says. It would help a lot in PSP case, but that one Top5 is so bad that I wonder how much can the overall picture redeem it.

Btw, I low balled PSP skill to do higher HW numbers when SW releases are poorer. Just by 10k though!

J-Rzez

Kbsmoker said:
wow wii/ds/psp numbers make the x360 and ps3 look so bad. Everyone is saying the PSP is a failure yet outsells the x360 every month it seems.

PS3 needs some major help and i'm not even sure a another $100 price cut can help it at this point. It might be a lost cause at this point.

Another $100 price cut won't do it any good until there's enough variety of games for it... Sure if they drop another $100 off of it, it will help it out, but just so that's around when Rachet, Uncharted, Lair, GTAIV, GT5:p, Warhawk, and Heavenly Sword are out for it... Going by various message boards of how many people want a PS3 now after E3 is indicative of this... It'll pick up in sales...

Right now, MS has another problem all together... They have people all worried about the hardware dying on them, warranty or not, going through the hassle of downtime and calling in/sending out process is a major turn off...

legend166

J-Rzez said:
Another $100 price cut won't do it any good until there's enough variety of games for it... Sure if they drop another $100 off of it, it will help it out, but just so that's around when Rachet, Uncharted, Lair, GTAIV, GT5:p, Warhawk, and Heavenly Sword are out for it... Going by various message boards of how many people want a PS3 now after E3 is indicative of this... It'll pick up in sales...

Right now, MS has another problem all together... They have people all worried about the hardware dying on them, warranty or not, going through the hassle of downtime and calling in/sending out process is a major turn off...

Yeah, message boards are a great indicator to see where the market is headed.

jimbo

Banned
Will the graph people care to explain to everyone how come the 360 which was estimated to be around 8.5 million LTD SOLD in January of 07 STILL hasn't crossed 10 million according to you guys, after 6 months? What are you guys basing these wonderfull world wide sales estimates on that for some reason seem to go up every month for everything except the 360?

bud

jimbo said:
Will the graph people care to explain to everyone how come the 360 which was estimated to be around 8.5 million LTD SOLD in January of 07 STILL hasn't crossed 10 million according to you guys, after 6 months? What are you guys basing these wonderfull world wide sales estimates on that for some reason seem to go up every month for everything except the 360?

no

kottila

jimbo said:

Actuall sales numbers? plus some guessing for Europe

jimbo said:
The 360 has been doing 250k-320k(progressive declines from 320k down to a little over 250K sometimes) a month worldwide. 5X300k + 8.5M is 10M and the 360 should just about cross that threshold.

jimbo

Banned
titiklabingapat said:
The 360 has been doing 250k-320k(progressive declines from 320k down to a little over 250K sometimes) a month worldwide. 5X300k + 8.5M is 10M and the 360 should just about cross that threshold.

June = 6 months.

jimbo

Banned
kottila said:
Actuall sales numbers? plus some guessing for Europe

Uh huh. So something like this?

8.5 + 300k(Jan) - 250k(Feb) / 2 + 185K(March) -...+....x.... = 9.9 million.

Next month 9.9 + 300k = 9.99999999 million LTD.

Top Bottom