• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2014 [Up3: NPD Data Error, AC:U #5]

Gestault

If the Microsoft PR used a combination of US and UK to claim a US NPD victory, that's crossing a line. (It's possible they were just highlighting a string of sales performance in both regions).

vesvci

Banned
Let me tell you this story.

Once upon a time, in another life where I wasn't the leader of Xbox, I was a high school gym teacher. And then there was this competition between my class and a class from another high school. I put forward my star student who was able to do the most amount of reps on a bench press. In the end, the opponent did 45 reps, before he exhausted himself. My student had only ever maxed out at 40 in the past.

But that day, I told little Jimmy that he's doing to do 46. Because 46 means he's going to win. And that's all that matters. Little Jimmy didn't have to 60 reps or 90 reps, he just had to do 46 reps.

And that's what he did. Little Jimmy went home with the gold that day.

Fact is, a win is a win. It may have taken everything, every ounce of energy, every drop of sweat, every drop of blood that the Xbox One has, but it did it. At least it wasn't like The Rock at Wrestlemania 17. He just gave up after 20 chair shots.

Cool story, but it doesn't really apply here.

MS did not only cut the price of the XBO, being less than a year on the market, but they were giving out free games with it. And them winning the month by 7-10k is not a victory that even Little Jimmy would be proud of...

Kimosabae

Banned

Once upon a time, in another life where I wasn't the leader of Xbox, I was a high school gym teacher. And then there was this competition between my class and a class from another high school. I put forward my star student who was able to do the most amount of reps on a bench press. In the end, the opponent did 45 reps, before he exhausted himself. My student had only ever maxed out at 40 in the past.

But that day, I told little Jimmy that he's doing to do 46. Because 46 means he's going to win. And that's all that matters. Little Jimmy didn't have to 60 reps or 90 reps, he just had to do 46 reps.

Fact is, a win is a win. It may have taken everything, every ounce of energy, every drop of sweat, every drop of blood that the Xbox One has, but it did it. At least it wasn't like The Rock at Wrestlemania 17. He just gave up after 20 chair shots.

These threads are hilarious.

SykoTech

Wait...Wii U below 250K?
During Smash month?
With all those great bundles?
For the ENTIRE month, plus Black Friday?

I wasn't expecting any comeback or anything after Mario Kart failed to change anything, but I thought it should have been at least half a million. Not even half of that is incredibly poor.

Welp, did my part I guess. But I think we can go ahead and throw the chalkboard in the dumpster. Aint nothing saving things now. :/

autoduelist

Why is everyone assuming CBOAT number is believable (I don't btw)? First he didn't say that was the difference between XB1 and PS4.

Maybe it's Vita sales in November that way he doesn't get banned because he didn't lie and trolls everyone in this thread (it would be hilarious just to see the reactions).

That's not how CBOAT operates. He clearly means what we think he means.

This gif could be used for LTD sales of PS3 and 360
Now that's just cold...and not exactly accurate. PS3 dude would need a NA arm that's slowly falling off from the shoulder socket as they're gliding along. But it's like...they're feeling so good they don't even notice an arm is coming off.

SRTtoZ

So I'm upset because DA:I didnt even fucking chart. I HEAR its doing better than DA:O and DA2 but still, I really thought it would be up there :/

As far as XB1 sales go, I can't believe it was that close (7-10k) where Sony could have been celebrating a victory this month, I really thought it was going to be XB1 by a 100k+.

Welcome back orochi91, please stay with us.

RE_Player

If Microsoft really won by a 7k-10k difference after all those sales, price drops and bundles I can't see them turning this thing around.

Boogdud

And little Johnny tore major ligaments on the last rep. He won gold that day, but never lifted again.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Dragon Age not charting is sad...hope it has legs

Positive it will hold up comparatively well.
It's biggest detractor going for it was DA2... It just needed word to spread how much better it is for it to catch on.

ACU on the other hand... Big first week, and then off a cliff. Word spread quickly and killed that one. Mostly just anger or true word, who can say... But I don't think most would have thought FC4 would debut higher going into launch?

Smash did better than I would have expected in November! But damn did it not move much hardware :(

LowParry

Awww c'mon. It wasn't that bad. Eh, poor Jimmy though. I applaud his win but the boy isn't going to be walking for a while.

NateDrake

Wait...Wii U below 250K?
During Smash month?
With all those great bundles?
For the ENTIRE month, plus Black Friday?

I wasn't expecting any comeback or anything after Mario Kart failed to change anything, but I thought it should have been at least half a million. Not even half of that is incredibly poor.

Welp, did my part I guess. But I think we can go ahead and throw the chalkboard in the dumpster. Aint nothing saving things now. :/
What great bundles?

PS4 and XBO are both seemingly filling the void left by the WiiU's total failure to follow-up on the Wii's success.

I thought Sony GAF of all people should be used to explaining how the PSP wasn't an overall failure just because the DS was a mega-success.

( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )
Well, the difference is: The Xbox One won't reach "76 million units" lifetime sales.

( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )

Amir0x

Banned
wow Wii U @ 242k, holy shit.

The system is going to be, gosh, 18 million? 17 million? by the end of this gen? Catastrophic and tragic (as tragic as business things can get in gaming world terms anyway). Semi-depressed :(

Also Dragon Age 2 must have killed the series reputation, goddamn. I haven't started Inquisition yet (I own it, just haven't started yet), but most say it is an amazing improvement. Sad they weren't rewarded for it, seemingly

Raist

Banned
I don't think this generation will be that long, and I don't think any of these consoles outsell their predecessors totals

The PS4 is likely around 1/5th of the PS3's LTD. After just a year and no price cuts.
So I wouldn't bet on that one.

Top Bottom