• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for November 2015 [Up3: Combined Hardware For PS4 + XB1 + Wii U]

watdaeff4

Nope. I think they won't have one stateside. With UC4 in March, Sony will probably just shift to making that bundle a focus, if there is one.
I truly don't know- what's bigger in the US, SF or UC?

Even if SF is bigger the cost of the bundle to Sony may still favor UC unless it's a big difference

Edit
What am I thinking of course there will be a UC bundle. Just wondering if there will be both

Dont you think if after this Sony looses December to XBONE, it will mean they were not prepared well. I dont know how much they supplied but i think no one wants to loose their sales especially during Holiday period because these sales are lost for ever as many people are buying it as gift and they need to have something under the tree. !!!

Just my opinion.

I'm gonna loose my mind if I see you misuse that word again.

Even if SF is bigger the cost of the bundle to Sony may still favor UC unless it's a big difference

Edit
What am I thinking of course there will be a UC bundle. Just wondering if there will be both

You know, I'm not actually sure. I think SF4 debuted to >800k in it's launch month. And fighting games probably have a far more dedicated audience then other titles. So I suppose it depends on how much of that base is on PS4 by the time the game launches.

UC will probably debut bigger though. And it's likely to have at least a somewhat premium bundle.

Shenmue

Banned
At this point noobie has to know the difference between loose and lose (after a billion people telling him of the mistake), so I'm going to guess he's hunting for some kind of "loose/lose" tag.

At this point noobie has to know the difference between loose and lose (after a billion people telling him of the mistake), so I'm going to guess he's hunting for some kind of "loose/lose" tag.
Be grateful. English might not be his mother tongue and he is just loost in translation.

Rymuth

So is this 'PS4+XboxOne sold x amount of units' that Aaron Greenberg tweeted going to be a thing moving forward? Would be the next logical evolution of MAU.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.

Edit

Street Fighter 4 Vanilla was "bigger" than Uncharted 3

If Sony is selling through almost all of what they can make, then so be it. It is a good problem to have under those circumstances.

I'm sure they could make more. Hell, Wii sold almost 4 million in the US on its third December.

That totally depends on how much stock they had. I doubt it stays out of stock for long regardless. Plus isn't the new COD bundle releasing soon?

The SW bundle isn't back in stock until Dec 27th according to Amazon's website. December 25th for the uncharted bundle.

Is this an Amazon-only problem or is it happening in B+M locations as well?

Anecdotally, I picked up a new tv at a Walmart in the US a couple days back and it seemed like things were stocked as usual. Didn't really look at console hardware though.

Side point: I went from a 6 year old tv to a Vizio M Class.... GAWDDAM THE DIFFERENCE. Screw MAU. In Ultra HD I trust.

noobie

I'm sure they could make more. Hell, Wii sold almost 4 million in the US on its third December.

Exactly.. Sony partnered with the most anticipated movie of the year and they have shortages of bundles on the day of the release of the movie ... I must say pretty impressive :)

seems like you all agree with me but you dont want to show your support to my opinion

Shenmue

Banned
Exactly.. Sony partnered with the most anticipated movie of the year and they have shortages of bundles on the day of the release of the movie ... I must say pretty impressive :)

seems like you all agree with me but you dont want to show your support to my opinion

I support your opinion that all forms of lose and loose should henceforth just all be "loose" to ease confusion.

orochi91

I'm assuming they can't pump out as many PS4s as the Wii did at its peak, simply because it likely costs more and takes longer to manufacture PS4 hardware versus the Wii hardware.

The Wii hardware is no where near as complex and fully featured like PS4 is.

Either way, running out of stock may seem like a good indicator of the console selling well, but it's unfortunate to not have more stock ready during such a critical shopping period.

I support your opinion that all forms of lose and loose should henceforth just all be "loose" to ease confusion.

+1

cakely

That's a pretty lose interpretation of what's actually going on here.

I'm assuming they can't pump out as many PS4s as the Wii did at its peak, simply because it likely costs more and takes longer to manufacture PS4 hardware versus the Wii hardware.

The Wii hardware is no where near as complex and fully featured like PS4 is.

Either way, running out of stock may seem like a good indicator of the console selling well, but it's unfortunate to not have more stock ready during such a critical shopping period.

They just halved the number of RAM chips and it's always been a single APU instead of discrete CPU and GPU. Plus manufacturers can scale much better these days because of insane mobile device and tablet launch ramps.

Elandyll

Banned
Is this an Amazon-only problem or is it happening in B+M locations as well?
Seems to be an Amazon prob, I see both UC and BF bundles pretty much everywhere else
In fact Newegg has them both at $299, but the UC bundle has a killer deal: $299 with free Destiny and free PES 2015 it looks like (need to put bundle in cart first to see which titles are the free games)

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?itemnumber=N82E16868110186

Ryng_tolu

Banned
Speaking about Wii, looks like finally XB1 and PS4 are starting to sell more the second year.
This was expected, at least for me, the Wii in 2008 was a totally tank, but the holidays sales, even if insane, weren't THAT insane like in the summer which was selling easy >400k all months, most time between 500k and 800k.
The really insane holidays were in 2009, with the famous "almost 4 million" in December NPD. ( 3,810,000)

Graph update. next month PS4 and XB1 will surpass Wii.

CWdUTvjWsAEi4nd.png:large

Numbers ( As for November)

WII - 8,001,000
PS4+XB1 - 7,730,000 ( PS4 54%; XB1 46%)

So...what was the biggest 3DS game from April onward? Also, what's the biggest 3DS game for the first 3 months of 2016.

(if Fire Emblem Fates is really the biggest 3DS release of the fiscal year in NA, I will laugh so hard, I have to have forgotten something though)

Ryng_tolu

Banned
So...what was the biggest 3DS game from April onward? Also, what's the biggest 3DS game for the first 3 months of 2016.

(if Fire Emblem Fates is really the biggest 3DS release of the fiscal year in NA, I will laugh so hard, I have to have forgotten something though)

3DS is done bro. Next is the 6th year... at this point is not even that important.

N.Domixis

Banned
People think that because amazon is out of stock ps4 is doomed!?

lmao, amazon is only a smal percent of the overall market. All the other more important retailers seem fine with stock

Top Bottom