• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2014 [Up3: All of Nintendo's 3DS million sellers]

hawk2025

I really doubt a couple of sketchy listings like that would have boosted the PS4 so much.

People keep being surprised that the PS4 really is selling so well.

If this really is due to GTA and it continues to rank higher than the One, I think Sony will pull another victory.

I'm very surprised because this is *before* the bundle boost.

If (maybe it's a big if) it holds, the X1 price drop has been effectively neutralized in 20 days by doing... absolutely nothing other than waiting for the rest of the month's release schedule to fill up.

It's kind of amazing.

gtj1092

I don't see why the standard PS4 will explode in sales now, specially with black friday bundle coming soon.

I'm very surprised because this is *before* the bundle boost.

If (maybe it's a big if) it holds, the X1 price drop has been effectively neutralized in 20 days by doing... absolutely nothing other than waiting for the rest of the month's release schedule to fill up.

It's kind of amazing.

It was already closing in on the x1 and with the release of GTA and far cry I don't get the skepticism. Sony looks kind of smart now holding the bundle back because some people just can't wait to play GTA.

allan-bh

It was already closing in on the x1 and with the release of GTA and far cry I don't get the skepticism. Sony looks kind of smart now holding the bundle back because some people just can't wait to play GTA.

I don't know if there is so much people that can't wait 10 days to play a remaster and prefer to pay $459 dollars now than $399 next week.

hawk2025

I don't know if there is so much people that can't wait 10 days to play a remaster and prefer to pay $459 dollars now than $399 next week.

...I mean, just look at the chart: Clearly there are!

Whether it's GTA, or Far Cry 4, or Dragon Age or LBP3: People are buying now in larger numbers rather than in 10 days.

turnbuckle

sorry guys, no numbers this month :-(

Ahh well :(

That's too bad, but there's already enough winking in this thread going on to clue someone in that there's some "secret" messaging going on I wish we could get numbers, but there's no way releasing them this way would be much safer than just posting them normally. Better not to tempt fate :(

allan-bh

...I mean, just look at the chart: Clearly there are!

Whether it's GTA, or Far Cry 4, or Dragon Age or LBP3: People are buying now in larger numbers rather than in 10 days.

Because of the scam I don't know if PS4 bump is true.I believe sales are up because important titles was launched, but this Amazon ranking is suspicious.

hawk2025

Because of the scam I don't know if PS4 bump is true.I believe sales are up because 3 important titles was launched, but this Amazon ranking is suspicious.

Again, after the scam and the jump to 1, it dropped back down to 6, and now up again to 4. The drop made sense if those were only "scam" numbers, but the updating that Amazon does would have it dropping consistently to its "real" position if there was no actual increase in legitimate buyers.

Coupled with the fact that before the scam it had already crossed streams with the Xbox One bundle and was in the upswing, and its current position makes sense.

Guevara

Take all the bolded letters, they make a jumble, unscramble for a clear and concise explanation of the differences in grass quality in GTAV

Elandyll

Banned
Because of the scam I don't know if PS4 bump is true.I believe sales are up because important titles was launched, but this Amazon ranking is suspicious.

I don't quite get it either (why people would buy right now instead of waiting 7 days), but the $99 scam excuse is probably bogus.

I don't see why Amazon would count a fake Marketplace sale in the ranking of a legit Amazon SKU sale #, when they have removed it and are fully aware that it is a scam (they allegedly even warned Physical retailers like Walmart about it).

Well, 3 months ban is pretty short.

It was too long :p

Good to see you back!

It's great to see you posting again, Aqua! :D

I think is a good idea.

That's sad.

omg that was so offensive :lol

Good to see you back!

what's up guys, long time no see

my twitter handle is legit

it's funny that so many people were skeptical about it initially, haha

What's going on here

#GRASSGATE

Abdiel

I'm going to make a similar post to what I did in the "Sony Unfazed" thread regarding what we're seeing in the retail channel since the start of the month.

In short... The PS4 has once again overtaken the XB1 in sales on a weekly/daily basis... handily. I haven't had a chance to check if it has totally overcome the initial explosion of price-cut purchases, but it's certainly eating away at that buffer rather quickly.

Not only that, but the response to our BF ad has led to some interesting anecdotes. Getting an extra $20 off the XB1 deal doesn't seem to have elicited much interest beyond those that will already plan to be there, whereas we're getting questions about how early customers can line up for guaranteed placement for the PS4 bundles. I'll clarify that I fully expect both bundle offers to sell out that weekend, but from the disparity in interest/questions, it seems likely the overall velocity of those sales will be quite different.

We've also had a Sony rep in the store confirming some numbers with our management, in case we need to add additional stock for those sales. Sony doesn't seem to be brushing this off. (Interestingly, for those of you that are interested in this sort of thing, the fact that the GTA bundle comes with a physical copy of the game is actually a selling point for some customers.)

I don't really want to call the month one way or the other, but the people assuming that MS had this in the bag may want to reconsider.

Top Bottom