• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

Microsoft
giphy.gif

A single month in one region

libregkd

GOW3 and Drake Collection bombed. Sony's probably done greenlighting HD remasters now.
It's not like they have a lot of other games to remaster anyway (that make sense). The Beyond Two Souls/Heavy Rain bundle and Gravity Rush are probably the last remasters for them.

Alo0oy

Banned
Think its bizarre folks are predicting "poor" UC remaster sales will reflect on a new UC game when Halo 5 was the best selling game this month and MCC did not set the world on fire last year

Nobody said anything about UC4, I think it will be the best selling one in the series on NPD.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Great too see Halo 5 as a standalone SKU top the list. Deserved.

I think overestimate and are overestimating the power of the Uncharted franchise. It sold a lot as a franchise on the PS3 but it's been awhile since the last Uncharted and with these sales, especially how it was advertised, project a downward trend for the franchise similar to what happened to God of War.

They're both still big franchises but Sony would be better served moving on with The Last of Us, Gran Turismo and more exclusivity deals like Street Fighter V.

Blobbers

So those 270K numbers from the prediction thread were a troll right?

Man, I could really go for some creampies right about now. Waiting for creampies is suffering.

Gaf servers also suffering. The Cloud thread has 800+ posts already. What in the actual... How

RE_Player

Xbox should waited and went off with a high note this month. Announcing they outsold Sony and than saying they won't report on how many consoles they sell instead reporting activity numbers like they said last month.

2.) NBA 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3) [Note: Second Month]
5.) WWE 2K16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
6.) FIFA 16 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
8.) Yoshi's Wooly World (NWU)

Yoshi doin' work, Jeff Gerstmann shakes his head dismissively, and sports games are solid success, especially NBA.

Intriguing!

Buying that WWE license was a total no-brainer for 2K, huh? It likely comes much cheaper than the NBA license, but I wouldn't be surprised if proportionally, it made as much or even more for them in net profit than their NBA games do.

Boke1879

GOW3 and Drake Collection bombed. Sony's probably done greenlighting HD remasters now.

I'm sure the UCC bundle is doing a killing. and on BF that'll be the go to bundle at $299. I'm sure Sony just wants that game in as many people's hands before UC4.

joecanada

Well theres goes that "no one cares about Halo anymore" rhetoric.

Right?

Well to be specific wasn't the rhetoric really..." How many people still care about halo? " Which we still don't know honestly

I dont think anyone said Noone lol

ViciousDS

Banned
This was the NPD for when master chief collection launched

1.) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (360, XBO, PS4, PS3, PC)
2.) Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3)
3.) Super Smash Bros. (NWU, 3DS)
4.) Madden NFL 15 (360, XBO, PS4, PS3)
5.) Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS)
6.) Far Cry 4 (PS4, XBO, 360, PS3, PC)
7.) Pokemon Omega Ruby (3DS)
8.) NBA 2K15 (PS4, 360, XBO, PS3, PC)
9.) Assassin’s Creed: Unity (PS4, XBO, PC)
10.) Halo: The Master Chief Collection (XBO)

zsynqx

I think overestimate and are overestimating the power of the Uncharted franchise. It sold a lot as a franchise on the PS3 but it's been awhile since the last Uncharted and with these sales, especially how it was advertised, project a downward trend for the franchise similar to what happened to God of War.

They're both still big franchises but Sony would be better served moving on with The Last of Us, Gran Turismo and more exclusivity deals like Street Fighter V.

You are really jumping to that conclusion?

Uncharted was heavily bundled the entire month. What on earth are you talking about?

JaggedSac

Xbox should waited and went off with a high note this month. Announcing they outsold Sony and than saying they won't report on how many consoles they sell instead reporting activity numbers like they said last month.

Well, if we know how much they sold last October, we know this month is 81% growth over that.

Top Bottom