• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for October 2015 [Up1: Xbox #1]

damisa

most people to whom uncharted was targeted were the non ps3 owners and most would had gotten the bundles

There are 7.5 million PS4s already sold in the US from which there are likely several million(probably majority) of whom didn't own a PS3 or owned a PS3 and didn't have Uncharted. Looks like disappointing sales to me.

Congrats Xbox. Halo 5 seems to be a real success, and considering that this doesnt include bundles and digital that is really great it got number 1. It was also only on the market for 5 days as well.

As for Uncharted, its a remaster. Typically remasters arent going to sell as well as a mainline title so that isnt really surprising.

I think a big one is that NBA outsold Assassin's Creed. Of course this is only america, but none the less.

I do believe NPD needs to start counting bundles and try and get digital as well though, because these things are increasing. Bundles are becoming more common with first parties, and digital is on the rise

FelipeMGM

Damm, still no PR statements?

Microsoft is prob too excited with a win after many months and trying to find the right words. N Sony trying to make up some PR talk about future exclusives and not mentioning the lack of them right now,

Look at them shit Uncharted sales, in some ways it's such a shame more people could not experience the most overrated gaming franchise out there. Really do wish we were not getting UC4 AND rather TLOU2 but hey ho, Hennig had to leave and Straley was shackled with this piece of shit franchise once again.

Sony need to stop running their franchises into the ground, there is a happy medium between Valve releasing a game once every decade and Ubisoft shitting out a game annually.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Glad to see Uncharted bombing. Going into 3rd holiday period with a half assed remaster is a disgrace.

WTF?

First its not half assed, it is one of the best remasters out. Second it served it purpose, it takes the place of TLoU as a bundle refresh and gets new buyers interested in UC4. Such hyperbole in these threads.

Alo0oy

Banned
Great too see Halo 5 as a standalone SKU top the list. Deserved.

I think overestimate and are overestimating the power of the Uncharted franchise. It sold a lot as a franchise on the PS3 but it's been awhile since the last Uncharted and with these sales, especially how it was advertised, project a downward trend for the franchise similar to what happened to God of War.

They're both still big franchises but Sony would be better served moving on with The Last of Us, Gran Turismo and more exclusivity deals like Street Fighter V.

What? Uncharted is on an upward trajectory, each game nearly doubled the previous one, a remaster tells you absolutely nothing.

Besides, the franchise never did that well in the US anyway, it always sold best in Europe (like Gran Turismo).

Elios83

Wow both PS4 and XB1 bombed.
Halo didn't really move hardware, the 50$ PS4 price cut didn't have a significant impact.

e-gamer

The X1 number seems incredibly low. Especially when you consider that it was Halo 5 month and PS4 just had a price cut. Pretty awful month for consoles and my poor predictions.

To be honest it was not "halo 5 month". I think It was "halo 5 1/4 month".

The game launched on october's last week.

Boke1879

Not a very good hardware month at all .
NOV and DEC have some pulling up to do .
Guess like people said the 50 price cut did not really do anything .

Pachter was right. Sony should have just kept the price at $400 this Holiday. Hell I even thought they should have kept the price the same this Holiday.

Either way. I expect November and December to be huge for both consoles.

Kathian

Banned
Sigh...

Ps4 sales were really poor too. I imagine what they would have been if there wasn't a price cut

I don't think they'd be much different. Bundles seem pretty big these days and are the main savings. How much the price cut has actually changed the value proposition am not sure.

DryvBy

Xbox taking Oct pretty much confirms they will take Nov and Dec as well.

How? Star Wars console for November for PS4. And too many people think it's a PS4 game.

Not gonna happen in November. Maybe December if Microsoft gives them away.

Sharpeye

Look at them shit Uncharted sales, in some ways it's such a shame more people could not experience the most overrated gaming franchise out there. Really do wish we were not getting UC4 AND rather TLOU2 but hey ho, Hennig had to leave and Straley was shackled with this piece of shit franchise once again.

Sony need to stop running their franchises into the ground, there is a happy medium between Valve releasing a game once every decade and Ubisoft shitting out a game annually.

Did Nathan Drake kill your dog or something, what an overreaction.

Top Bottom