• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2013 [Up2: Console positioning, 360 estimate]

Meier

No Rayman or Windwaker? I thought they'd both be up there.
I know this reporting period went beyond September but don't know the specifics. WW only came out on 10/4 so at most it must have only had a day or two of sales in the period.

Sakura

While obviously not impressive, the Wii U boost shows me that even with 1 decent bundle/game release they are able to see a relatively good sales boost. Hopefully as the games keep coming out, the Wii U will perform better. I expect next month to be lower for it though.

ascii42

Yep

Pach was right then on that one. I assume Sony will come fourth and talk about how their platform was the best selling home console in the US etc. They usually never comment on NA sales (for obvious reasons)

When was the last time they did? It seems like it's been a long time.

Bruno MB

This month we won't even officially get the Xbox 360 hardware numbers since it was outsold by PS3. Just a paltry all formats Top 10 chart with no sales figures. If it weren't for creamsugar, NPD threads would have less movement than Pal Charts threads.

Kenka

Something about this chart quite doesn't smell too good if you are a Nintendo fan, YoY increase is always welcome though although we know it's all solely due to GTA.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GTA5 helps the PS3 win a month for once in its life. Also KH 1.5 surely moved a unit or two in Sony's favor.

Into

I expect FF10 HD will do even better.

I still believe there is a ton of fans out there who are maybe a bit dissatisfied with Square lately (to put it mildly) but still love the classics and will gladly buy them.

Hopefully that makes them want to HD their games instead of just putting them on phones.

Mokubba

Keighley on twitter;

"PS3 was #1 selling console in September, breaking 32-month winning steak by Xbox 360. GTA bundle helped."

Combo breaker!

Wow, Didn't think I would see this day.

Did the US have the bundle with The Last of Us included like the UK?

dmr87

Already mentioned

VAx.png

PS4 train on the roll

sense

i don't think sony are going to acknowledge this because it would look bad to show up only when they have good numbers plus vita numbers aren't exactly going to be good so yea i think we get sony pr only after ps4 comes out.

idlewild_

Wind Waker retail release wasn't until October.

WWHD would have had 2 days in this period, it came out on Oct 4th and this NPD period goes through the 5th. Not sure how front loaded those games are though, so maybe it will pop up in October's chart.

Top Bottom