• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2013 [Up2: Console positioning, 360 estimate]

Already mentioned

VAx.png

GTAV bundle was probably the reason lol

Keighley on twitter;

"PS3 was #1 selling console in September, breaking 32-month winning steak by Xbox 360. GTA bundle helped."

Combo breaker!
Wow. Good for PS3.

Happens to coincide with me spending most of my quality time on it too lately (Diablo 3 and back catalog). She's still a beast.

Vibranium

Banned
Nothing too surprising in terms of games (KH I guess), I remember a long while ago seeing a post by a gaffer hoping to see TW101 in the top 10...so much for that. Sales figures for that game shouldn't be mentioned at all hehe.

I know this reporting period went beyond September but don't know the specifics. WW only came out on 10/4 so at most it must have only had a day or two of sales in the period.

Most games do the majority of their sales in the launch week. It won't crack the top 10 next month either. Better excuse would be people being unwilling to wait 2 weeks for the retail release and just went with digital.

pretty shocking, considering the series has been absent from consoles for about a decade, and this is just a re-release. a true KH3 will do massive numbers when it hits.

Holy crap. Yeah. I'm shocked it even charted, how does that do compared to other HD collections? (It's gotta be up with the GoW collections and such, right?)

Also. Diablo III selling well on consoles. I'll be honest. I never would have expected that...

Was Rayman originally not going to be multiplat?

You seriously missed the shit storm over the delay? LOL

Really, though, I doubt it would've done any better had it been released on the WiiU back in the beginning of the year and the multiplats came out later. Rayman is proof that reviews and good word of mouth are vital but not gospel when it comes to driving sales. :(

PS3 owns 360 this month? Hot diggety!

Wonder if MS will get to enjoy one final month with the top selling home console next NPD before next gen arrives ;)

Miles X

Gratz to PS3!

The 360 hitting 80 million+ shipped in the last Q is impressive though, that's up YOY and if it sold 1.9m (had to have sold 1.8m to get to 80) it means it's up YOY WW.

PS3 owns 360 this month? Hot diggety!

Wonder if MS will get to enjoy one final month with the top selling home console next NPD before next gen arrives ;)

360 will top 900k in Nov and 1m in Dec, PS4 and Xbox One won't sell that much, neither will WiiU.

chadboban

Any word on Vita numbers?

I'm interested in seeing how Killzone Mercenary did and if the price cut has had any further impact on sales.

narton

If hardware is still down month over month, the ps3 and 360 probably didn't do that well. Curious how far off between the two wii u is.

Top Bottom