• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD September predictions thread

Hmm, 5 week month might throw things off a bit. I think we all took a bit of a hammering last month with our predicitions.

NDS - 410k
PS2 - 315k
360 - 260k
GBA - 190k
PSP - 185k
GCN - 55k
XBX - 13k

donny2112

Any other HW predictions for September?

The numbers may be released tonight, but since Monday was a holiday, I'm guessing it could be delayed until tomorrow.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
donny2112 said:
Any other HW predictions for September?

The numbers may be released tonight, but since Monday was a holiday, I'm guessing it could be delayed until tomorrow.
Are you sure?

donny2112

I'm just guessing on a possible delay. I haven't heard anything. IIRC, it's been delayed before due to holidays in the planned release week. For the last few months, it's been released the second Thursday of the month, which would put it's normal release being today, however.

GhaleonEB said:
I think SC said it was coming out today. sonycowboy, can you confirm?

By all reports, it's still on for tonight.

My predictions: (which I've given little to no thought to)

DS 350k
PS2 300k
360 275k
PSP 190k
GBA 180k
GCN 50k
XBX 15k

LOCK

NDS 350,000

Thats all I care about. Plus we got new colors in September, and from the Best Buy charts DS games are selling amazingly.

sonycowboy said:
By all reports, it's still on for tonight.

My predictions: (which I've given little to no thought to)

DS 350k
PS2 300k
360 275k
PSP 190k
GBA 180k
GCN 50k
XBX 15k

I think this estimation is likely. Perhaps PS2 and X360 are a little bit too high...

GhaleonEB said:
or be pwned

oh the suspense!
I just completely lowered my 360 expectations I suspect 150,000 that way i don't get disapointed, i'm looking foward to seeing what PS2 numbers are. that thing has truly been a beast, i wonder with the prospect of PS3 coming soon, does its sells slow down or will it continue on its destuctive path.

GhaleonEB

Ash Sparrow said:
I just completely lowered my 360 expectations I suspect 150,000 that way i don't get disapointed, i'm looking foward to seeing what PS2 numbers are. that thing has truly been a beast, i wonder with the prospect of PS3 coming soon, does its sells slow down or will it continue on its destuctive path.
I think the people buying a PS2 at this point in the system's lifecycle will be the same people buying the PS3 at that point in its lifecycle. To put it differently, I don't think the PS3 launch is catering to the same audience.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
GhaleonEB said:
I think the people buying a PS2 at this point in the system's lifecycle will be the same people buying the PS3 at that point in its lifecycle. To put it differently, I don't think the PS3 lauch is catering to the same audience.

Or the people buying PS2s still are buying replacements. Ba dum tsh.

Odysseus

Banned
Oblivion said:
Or the people buying PS2s still are buying replacements. Ba dum tsh.

I don't think it's actually out of the realm a possibility that a healthy percentage of current PS2s actually are replacements, either for defective units or to replace their older model PS2s with slims. Even people buying second PS2s for another room in the house. With a userbase as large as the PS2s, a quarter of a percentage of the base doing that each month would still be close to 100,000.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
GhaleonEB said:
aaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnndddd the market closes, countdown begins. usualy get first data here in about an hour...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddd
we wait for 12 hours. :(

I'll never understand what kinda console inspires people to buy replacement after replacement, once a console screws up on me once i get pissed and switched sides:lol luckily my PS2 am still going strong

donny2112

Complete Entries/Total Entries

May: 12/15
June: 23/26
July: 38/38
Aug.: 51/55
Sept.: 53/64

Nice. :) Coop's was after the market close, so his doesn't count
and he was so close, too :(
. ;)

GhaleonEB

donny2112 said:
Complete Entries/Total Entries

May: 12/15
June: 23/26
July: 38/38
Aug.: 51/55
Sept.: 53/64
nice, a new high for participation. I'm guessing - just random speculation - that the November participation will mark a new high as well.

Top Bottom