• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saruhashi

Banned
Insane that something this horrible happens which is correct for them to be legitimately furious about and they go and jump the shark and turn all that anger on fucking pewdiepie and THQ. It's just baffling.

In some ways I think that they don't quite understand the weight of the actual real-life situation.

This is Andrew Todd, writer at IGN and Polygon, who also went down the "PewDiePie helped radicalize the killer" route.

Just let that fucking sit for a minute.
"RIP my mentions, but also RIP the people murdered"

Like who even fucking thinks or says something like that in response to a mass killing.

Yeah, my mentions are terrible today but also don't forget about the victims.
Are you fucking kidding me?

For me, that's someone who does NOT comprehend the severity of the situation but does realize how it can be used to their own ends. In this case that would be "isn't the internet and PDP just awful you guys".

The Internet Does Right Wing Radicalization
PewDiePie Isn't Funny, He's Fucking Trash
Uh Oh PewDiePie Fans Are Mad At Me
RIP My Mentions
Oh, Also RIP The Victims

What a total fucking arsehole. Yet, he thinks he's one of the good people. Like he's one of the considerate and sensitive and compassionate ones.

How can that Tweet even come out of your brain?
""RIP my mentions, but also RIP the people murdered"

The only way is if you are so fucking disconnected from reality.
To even use "RIP" in both those obviously different ways so close together.
To think of "my mentions" ahead of "the people murdered" just betrays a lack of empathy almost.

Nearly EIGHT THOUSAND likes! That many people looked that this and thought "seems about right to me, RIP your mentions mate". If these are the good guys then we are all royally fucked.

They don't understand the seriousness or even the heart-breaking tragedy of a situation like this. They just think "how can I use this tragedy to smear and bully people I don't like".

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
In some ways I think that they don't quite understand the weight of the actual real-life situation.

This is Andrew Todd, writer at IGN and Polygon, who also went down the "PewDiePie helped radicalize the killer" route.

Like who even fucking thinks or says something like that in response to a mass killing.

For me, that's someone who does NOT comprehend the severity of the situation but does realize how it can be used to their own ends. In this case that would be "isn't the internet and PDP just awful you guys".

RIP My Mentions
Oh, Also RIP The Victims

What a total fucking arsehole. Yet, he thinks he's one of the good people. Like he's one of the considerate and sensitive and compassionate ones.

To think of "my mentions" ahead of "the people murdered" just betrays a lack of empathy almost.

Nearly EIGHT THOUSAND likes! That many people looked that this and thought "seems about right to me, RIP your mentions mate". If these are the good guys then we are all royally fucked.

They don't understand the seriousness or even the heart-breaking tragedy of a situation like this. They just think "how can I use this tragedy to smear and bully people I don't like".

This is wonderful. They're tripping over themselves to show their asses and the rest of the world is like "the fuck?"

dolabla

Ree poster says let's crackdown on free speech, delete the chans and ban Fox News: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...read-threadmarks.105436/page-80#post-18918827

"Free Speech" purist morons and their cowardice have basically fucked us. We badly need heavy regulation for this shit, but people would rather do nothing and let people die. "It can't be helped" or "It's better than the government fucking up" or "It's a slippery slope".

Well, thanks to those assholes White Nationalism and Fascism is on the rise around the world, because we've willingly given these fucksticks a voice instead of doing the right thing and shutting them down.

The chans all need to be deleted. Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube need to have a purging and harsh moderation. Fox News needs to be taken off the air.

Sadly, nothing significant will happen and this bullshit Nazi movement is going to grow. No one is doing *shit*. The United States is entrenched in white supremacy, fosters it, and exports it. It's not just a horrific ideology, it's a fucking Product and its audience is growing and putting people like Trump in power.

It's not going to stop and the things that need to be shut down aren't going to be shut down. This shit is just going to get worse.

Because "my free speech".

I wonder how he would feel, if, let's say, Donald Trump (or anybody that's this posters opposition) enacted a crackdown on anybody criticizing him.

Something tells me this guy wouldn't like it too well and would lose his mind.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I’m acquainted with Andrew. Unfortunate to see him radicalized and off the deep end like that.

Saruhashi

Banned
Reset has gone full retard

This thread is insane and I have no idea what is going on. So Chealse Clinton now is somehow responsible for the NZ shooting because she called out Omar ?

What's quite revealing about that is the quickness to turn on Kathy Griffin.

Post #5 - "lol at her calling anyone a pussy after her trump head debacle. liberal feminism tho lmao"
Post #8 - "Didn't Kathy fold immediately over that dumb picture with Trump's head, and then cry and get a bunch of puff pieces written about her?"

It's like, hmmm, is this what you guys were REALLY thinking all along?

It's revealing that you CAN pander to them and they will allow it, even give out big praise for it, but as soon as you step out of line they will be like "we know you were fucking pandering and now we hate you".

That's why all the usual talk of "allies" is so two-faced and fake.
An ally isn't meant to be someone who just does what they are told because you'll destroy them if they don't.

That seems to be their view on it though.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

Post #5 - "lol at her calling anyone a pussy after her trump head debacle. liberal feminism tho lmao"
Post #8 - "Didn't Kathy fold immediately over that dumb picture with Trump's head, and then cry and get a bunch of puff pieces written about her?"

It's revealing that you CAN pander to them and they will allow it, even give out big praise for it, but as soon as you step out of line they will be like "we know you were fucking pandering and now we hate you".

An ally isn't meant to be someone who just does what they are told because you'll destroy them if they don't.

If people read history, they'd learned about how the Communists took over Russia and recognize this is exactly how they behaved as well. You were a part of the Party so long as you were useful. The genuine resisters of Communism in gulag were vastly outnumbered by Red Army soldiers and die-hard communists who didn't quite fall in line.

The Soviet court system is well documented in The Gulag Archipelago Vol1, where it describes how political prisoners were scooped up by a corrupt court system.

Any "educated" person who supports Democrats/American Left needs to read that book and look around their own party for those same signs.

Ree poster says let's crackdown on free speech, delete the chans and ban Fox News: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ma...read-threadmarks.105436/page-80#post-18918827

I wonder how he would feel, if, let's say, Donald Trump (or anybody that's this posters opposition) enacted a crackdown on anybody criticizing him.

Something tells me this guy wouldn't like it too well and would lose his mind.
His/Her definition of cowards is interesting.

Defending Free Speech in times that require you to not take it away from your opposition isn't what I would consider cowardly.

Thinking you are going to solve any significant problem via posting on a video game forum or creating/retweeting a HashTag would fall more into a cowardly act. You are doing nothing from the safety of your keyboard behind a monitor, zero danger on your end. How brave of you.

A coward desires to give up anything in a panic.

It's another person that has lived their life in a very privileged way and has no need to personal protections. No reason to need free speech, firearms, right to an attorney. Their speech has never been threatened, their lives have never been threatened, they never got the short end of the stick from law enforcement or the judicial system.

It's like giving away an old pair of shoes you don't wear anymore, or a pair of pants that don't fit anymore. Easy to lose when you have no use for them.

Where I grew up, most people had a gun. Even if they legally weren't allowed to. You didn't call the cops for various reasons. How others around you would treat you if you did. How the cops weren't showing up anytime soon and if/when they did, they showed up with an army and treated everyone like suspects until they figured out you weren't one.

It's not brave to give up things you don't use anyway.

And it's not brave to say and post what your masters tell you to say.

cryptoadam

Banned

Its just crazy because Kathy was some big hero a few months ago with covington, but now she is enemy number 1.

And then the whole thing with Chelsea is just so strange. I don't follow her or anything but as far as I know she isn't making white supremasist statments or anything. I don't remember anything with Chelsea that could be close to offensive. Her big thing was calling out Omar's statements.

But now somehow Chelsea is responsible for NZ, Kathy is upholding white supremacy, white feminists are Nazi's. Like this tragedy has made them all go crazy and make sure that anyone who isn't part of the group is an enemy, which is exactly what the shooter wanted. They are playing right into his hands without even knowing it.

Its just crazy because Kathy was some big hero a few months ago with covington, but now she is enemy number 1.

And then the whole thing with Chelsea is just so strange. I don't follow her or anything but as far as I know she isn't making white supremasist statments or anything. I don't remember anything with Chelsea that could be close to offensive. Her big thing was calling out Omar's statements.

But now somehow Chelsea is responsible for NZ, Kathy is upholding white supremacy, white feminists are Nazi's. Like this tragedy has made them all go crazy and make sure that anyone who isn't part of the group is an enemy, which is exactly what the shooter wanted. They are playing right into his hands without even knowing it.
It’s funny because they are mostly white people hating white people. The reverse Clayton Bigsby

#Phonepunk#

Banned
It’s funny because they are mostly white people hating white people.

this is most social justice media tbh. white people complaining about other white people. it's a way to keep the whole thing centered on the white experience. ironically the whole thing actually detracts from social justice work and drowns out the voices it pretends to be listening to.

note how few constructive threads there are on ResetEra. nobody is looking into impoverished minority communities. nobody is highlighting genuine work being done at the grass roots level for any of these. it's all symbolic fights between talking heads that appear on global media networks, which are either white people or POC hand picked by white people to thought launder their talking points.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned

RIP My Mentions
Oh, Also RIP The Victims

Why do they always look like this?

1A87882K_400x400.jpg

JordanN

Banned
So this Andrew Todd guy attributes the terror attack to the person who uttered Pewdiepie's name.

By his own admission, do terrorists who yell Allah ackbar before blowing themselves up place fault on Islam?

Oops my bad. I'm criticizing Islam. That is considered a 'radical' form of freedom of speech, even though no one dies from using it.

Helios

So this Andrew Todd guy attributes the terror attack to the person who uttered Pewdiepie's name.

By his own admission, do terrorists who yell Allah ackbar before blowing themselves up place fault on Islam?

Oops my bad. I'm criticizing Islam. That is considered a 'radical' form of freedom of speech, even though no one dies from using it.
PG9JRP5.png

Grinchy

Banned

CyberPanda

Banned
These are the incredible kinds of responses we're missing on our forum when a topic gets made:

>What the fuck?
>what in the actual fuck capcom
>what the fuck
>what the fuck
>big yikes
>What? jesus christ
>Yeah. Wtf.
>Oof.
>Holy fuck...

And they wonder where the NPC meme comes from.
0b6938c03a6c373aa795b8ac700bbaba.jpg

Clear

Ree isn't in the least bit funny or amusing to me anymore.

The hatefulness, judgementalism, and sanctimony is just too much. We all should be deeply grateful that they are as ineffectual as they are because God help us all if they actually had as much influence as they delusionally think they have.

Mochilador

Ree isn't in the least bit funny or amusing to me anymore.

The hatefulness, judgementalism, and sanctimony is just too much. We all should be deeply grateful that they are as ineffectual as they are because God help us all if they actually had as much influence as they delusionally think they have.
I don't think they can cause any harm in the "real world".
The crazyness stays in the bubble.

Barnabot

Last edited:

Helios

boycotting DMC5
Their boycotts are effective as the MW2 one. When was the last time they boycotted something? Atlus where they had a poll with a vast majority saying they'll still buy the game? THQ, which as far as I know didn't even dent them? Kingdom Come which sold exceptionally well?

Last edited:
Those who are gonna "boycott" DMCV either never intended to get the game, or have already played through it and are just pretending, as I sad a couple of months ago, it seems like 70% of people in the gaming section don't even play games, they just look at every new release and try to find anything to get enraged about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom